Five

Twisted Encounter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai was hearing the faint sound of footsteps from outside his room; but shrugged it off sleepily, thinking that it was just in his head. He rolled to the other side of the bed to get a more comfortable position and continue his sleep. Last night has worn him out; he stayed up until 2 AM just to play the game he downloaded; Chanyeol recommended it to him, saying it was a trend nowadays.

 

When he was about to doze off, someone barged into his room. The wooden door of his room was banged against the wall, startling him. Kai was still sleepy and was having a hard time processing whatever is happening; his head was aching.

 

"What the ?" he hissed with a hand on both his temples, rubbing it slightly and hoping that the throbbing pain would go away.

 

When he opened his eyes, his eyes met Chanyeol's apologetic facial expression. He was grimacing and holding his keys and wallet with one hand. Chanyeol looked genuinely happy today, judging from the constant smile he was flashing. If Kai wasn't having a headache, he would be mad at the older for interrupting his sleep, again.

 

Chanyeol took a step towards his bed and sat on the edge; with agape, he stared at Kai, who was now tapping his temples repetitively. "Did you get wasted last night?" he asked before throwing his wallet on the bedside table, and the keys went back to his pocket.

 

Kai threw him an irritated look before turning to his side; his back was now facing his best friend. There was a moment of silence before he heard some shuffling noise from his closet. Kai sat up and squinted his eyes to distinguish whatever Chanyeol was doing.

 

"What are you doing there?" Kai barked. He raised his brows when Chanyeol returned with two clothes from his closet. The older was holding his clothes with its hanger.

 

He remained still on his sitting position as Chanyeol raise the black hoodie that was held by his left hand, then the gray shirt by his right. "Wear this," he threw the gray shirt to Kai, and it landed on his face.

 

"Why?" he queried

 

"We're going to the mall," answered Chanyeol with a slight nod.

 

Kai glared at him before throwing the shirt away and laid down on his bed. As much as he wants to deal with his best friend's s, he can't; his head was about to burst in pain.

 

Without even a minute passing, he felt his blanket being ripped from his body. " off!" he bellowed with a glare.

 

Chanyeol stood there; his hands were clutching the blanket with a teasing look. He gained satisfaction by watching the younger gets pissed, typical best friend things.

 

"Can you go with me to the mall? I need to buy something for Baekhyun." Chanyeol claimed.

 

Kai rolled his eyes before raising his middle finger on Chanyeol's face. "Where is he, then? I know you're lying; I'm not stupid." Kai leaned against the headboard of his bed before heaving a sigh; no matter how hard he tried to ignore his headache, he can't; it was too much.

 

Chanyeol breathed a laugh with a shake of his head before throwing the blanket to Kai's face. "He's sick." He reasoned.

 

"So am I?" Kai sarcastically replied, sharply pointing to his temples with a mocking face. He could never understand people who are in a relationship; they would be willing to get up in the middle of a nice morning to buy something that their lover asked for? That was rubbish with him.

 

"Please accompany me; what if I get lost?" Chanyeol kneeled and clasped his hands together as if he was praying; he also bowed repeatedly. Kai stared at him with a poker face; he looked so done with the older. He sighed mentally; why was he declining even knowing that he will give in to Chanyeol's persuasion sooner or later.

 

Kai cursed to the heavens that he would never accept any request from his best friend again no matter how big or small the matter is after he embarrassed himself in front of Sehun. But looking at the situation right now, that was just a huge joke.

 

"ing fine! I am not going to pay for anything; it's all on you." He glowered before getting up from his bed. The world seemed to spin, and his vision blackened when he suddenly stood up; why must he experience that whenever he stood up hurriedly?

 

"I'm going to take a ing shower, go wait in the living room!" he angrily shouted before grabbing his towel.

 

Chanyeol raised both his hands, "Woah, calm down, satan." He then walked out of the room after gently closing the door.

 

Kai went to the bathroom and took a bath with hot water; his mind suddenly drifted to yesterday's encounter with Sehun

 

***

 

"Oh, you're still alive!" Chanyeol stood up and clapped when Kai walked out of his room while drying his hair with a towel. He wore the black hoodie instead of the gray shirt Chanyeol picked and partnered it with ripped jeans. They were going to the mall, which means there would be a lot of people; Kai doesn't want random people's skin touching his; he was a clean freak.

 

"What took you so long? Did you ?" Chanyeol teased.

 

"Do you want me to accompany you, or nah?" Kai rolled his eyes before throwing the towel on the couch. He could hang it later when they got back; he's too lazy to go back to his room.

 

Kai turned Chanyeol around and pushed him out of the house. He wanted nothing more than to finish shopping for Baekhyun and go home so he could sleep peacefully.

 

"I'm not going to use my car," Kai started after he locked the door "You're going to drive your car, and I'm going to sleep in the backseat, 'kay?" he finished with a tap of his fingers on Chanyeol's forehead. He didn't let the older respond as he walked to Chanyeol's car and got in.

 

Kai closed his eyes when Chanyeol got in as well. He was going to get any amount of sleep he can, even if he had to rest his feet against the back of the passenger's seat just to stretch his legs.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter