Three

Twisted Encounter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The deafening silence of the hallway made their constant hissing loud, conferring about who will knock on the wooden white door.

 

The two have decided to do the picking over a game of rock-paper-scissors; Kai lost, as always.

 

Having his fist raised so close to the door, his heart pounded in his chest. He had been in this position for almost ten minutes, just his fist raised like a fool. Kai couldn't knock; he's too embarrassed to show up in front of the person behind the door.

 

"Go!" Chanyeol bossed.

 

They stood in front of the thirtieth door; the constant urging of each other wasted their time. Chanyeol kept waving at the camera attached to the corner of the hallway, while Kai kept backing out of what he's supposed to do.

 

"You're just going to knock; is it that hard?" Chanyeol asked. He watched Kai as he struggled, and it was starting to irritate him.

 

Kai took a step back and stretched his right arm, suggesting Chanyeol to do it. "Why don't you do it, then?" he challenged.

 

A breathy laugh escaped Kai before moving away from the door and pulled Chanyeol instead. "You can knock better than me." he mocked the older, referring to the number of times Chanyeol knocked at his house.

 

Chanyeol didn't seem scared at all; he calmly shook his head before announcing that he's going to do it. "I'm going to knock," Instead of a soft knock, it came out as the opposite. It was loud as if he's banging his fist against the door with too much emotion.

 

Chanyeol's knuckles reddened a bit.

 

"What the was that?" Kai grumbled with a frown.

 

"That was my knock." the other stupidly answered.

 

It took a while for the door to be opened; as they wait, Kai tried to entertain himself by doing random moves with his arms; he knew it was recorded on the camera, but he didn't care at the moment.

 

"I think no one's here," told Chanyeol without taking his gaze off the doorknob.

 

"That's what I thought last night."

 

When they abruptly heard some shuffling from the inside, they started gathering their together. Taking something back from a stranger instead of buying a new one is humiliating. Kai tried to convince him earlier as they took the stairs to purchase another present for Baekhyun, but Chanyeol argued that that was expensive, especially the stuffed toy.

 

Chanyeol has no shame, and he's getting dragged into this humiliation.

 

Everything was happening too slow for Kai; even the twisting of the doorknob felt like hours to him.

 

The door slowly opened, revealing the guy from yesterday. He was wearing a dark purple fuzzy sweater and gray sweatpants; his black hair is also a mess like Baekhyun's.

 

A thought about people here not combing their hair suddenly crossed Kai's mind.

 

Kai looked away; he was still too embarrassed for last night. He must've looked like a complete fool when he greeted and handed him the things. Come to think of it, why didn't he ask someone for Baekhyun's room yesterday instead of going straight here? There's a record on who stays in a specific room, right?

 

He regrets so many things just from a single night.

 

"Hey!" Chanyeol grinned awkwardly before turning his gaze to Kai. He grabbed his arm before pulling him in front of the confused boy.

 

"My friend here has something to say to you, don't you, Kai?"

 

Kai pursed his lips and glared at the older; they're now staring at each other, and the change of facial expressions could hint at the conversation they're having through eyes.

 

After getting rid of the horrified expression on his face, Kai faced the pale boy. He cleared his throat and his lips before speaking. Thank heavens that he wasn't looking back at Kai, his eyes are stuck on the ground.

 

"Uhm, I apologize about last night," he paused, "about the, you know, the kinds of stuff I gave you." Kai forced a smile and shot a glance at Chanyeol. The other is just standing beside him with an amused face and didn't even bother to help him.

 

"I'm sorry about that, but; do you still have them?" Embarrassing.

 

He heard Chanyeol murmured something about those things being expensive and even prayed that he didn't throw it away. That would be a waste.

 

The other slowly nodded and replied in what seems like a whisper, "Yeah, I'll get it."

 

He then disappeared and went inside but kept the door slightly open. Kai took a peek and saw paintings scattered across the floor. Weird but artistic.

 

"Here," he handed Kai all of those when he got back, and he's impressed about the fact that all of them look exactly like last night. He didn't eat the chocolates because the ribbon is still there. But who is he kidding? No one would eat food from a stranger who suddenly appeared on the door.

 

Chanyeol looked relieved when he saw them; he instantly took them from Kai and slightly elbowed him before looking at the pale boy.

 

"Uh, thanks." he paused, waiting for him to say his name, but he didn't.

 

"I'm Kai, by the way." he awkwardly told.

 

A small smile rose from the other's lips, "I know." he mumbled while looking at the ground.

 

"Okay, we're going now," Kai said, but he didn't move, so did Chanyeol.

 

The black-haired boy gave a small nod before closing the door to their faces. The way he shut the door was modest, but Kai felt like he banged it against his face because he didn't even tell his name. It's like he was talking to a wall.

 

"Awkward," Chanyeol teased before laughing, his hand is flying towards Kai's shoulder, hitting it lightly.

 

"Let's go."

 

~~~

 

Chanyeol's apology went smooth, and Baekhyun forgave him; Kai witnessed it earlier, and the number of kisses they shared made him cringe. He never thought that he would see his best friend acting like that with anyone.

 

The way they almost made out and forgot about Kai ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter