Two

Twisted Encounter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sunlight passed through the window and tied gray curtains of his room to greet a good morning, along with the calming chirping of some birds that were staying at the exterior window sill. The busy road of the city started the morning by filling the place with vehicle noise; it makes the city alive.

 

Today is a lovely day, and instead of starting it right with a cup of coffee or going out for a jog, Kai lazily spends an hour in bed after waking up.

 

It's not his ideal way to start the day either, but today is Saturday, and he doesn't have anything to do, resulting in him being cozy with his bed for as long as he wants.

 

On days like this, when he doesn't have classes, he either spends the whole day playing games on his laptop or taking a stroll around the city.

 

Today seems to be different because he had been receiving a call non-stop, and the current ringing is the sixth time this morning. Kai muted his phone earlier for an hour to block the calls for some time because it irritates him. He didn't think it was a significant matter because only Chanyeol calls him. His parents do once in a while, and his sister, sometimes.

 

The time he set to mute his phone ended, judging from the loud ringing he's hearing. With a groan, Kai rolled on the other side of his bed, where the bedside table is closer, and grabbed his ringing phone.

 

Kai forced his eyes open to look at the caller; he was right, it's Chanyeol, as always. He somehow felt relieved that it was not his mom, calling for an emergency, because he would regret the mute he set.

 

"What?" he answered the call and yawned.

 

I asked you to do one easy favor, and you still screwed up? replied Chanyeol. His voice gave a hint that he's annoyed. Kai scoffed at his words; the task was not easy at all; embarrassing would be the right term to describe it.

 

Kai sat up before glancing at the ticking clock as he waited for the other to continue; it's still early.

 

I'm coming over; you better have a good explanation about this. The call ended with that, with Chanyeol not clearing about what he was referring to; it was like he was talking in riddles. Kai was left in confusion and a frown on his face formed.

 

After he showered with hot water, Kai went to his room to change his clothes. On days like this, he would wear anything comfortable. Since today is different because Chanyeol is coming, he wore a pair of jeans and a white shirt.

 

It only took him some minutes to change since he does not put much effort into dressing up.

 

He put his towel on his shoulder and didn't even bother to comb his wet hair when he heard the front door open. Chanyeol knew that he's alone in this house; that's why he marched inside like nobody's business.

 

As soon as he stepped foot in the living room, he met Chanyeol's glare.

 

While drying his hair with the towel, he went over and sat on the opposite couch. He was aware of the eyes that were following his every move.

 

Chanyeol crossed his arms and spoke, "You didn't give the gifts?"

 

"I'm pretty sure I did." he confidently justified.

 

"You didn't! Baekhyun flooded me with messages last night! Some line said 'you forgot about it?', or 'you were always present when I say I want you to come over because I'm in the mood, but you decided not to show any traces of you on our anniversary? Keep up the good work, jerk!'" Chanyeol argued with many hand movements.

 

Kai raised his brow before he rose from his seat; he then went to the bathroom and hung the towel on the steel rack.

 

When he got back on the couch, he pulled his feet up on the coffee table. "I gave him your gifts." He repeated.

 

"So, you're saying that he's lying?" Chanyeol queried

 

Kai gave him a shrug, "He could be; he even irritated me last night. Your boyfriend went 'Who's Chanyeol?' when I handed him the gifts." Kai mentally cringed while recalling last night.

 

The dead expression Chanyeol gave him made him look like a fool. Of course, he would never believe that.

 

"I expected you to come up with a great lie since that's what you do best." Chanyeol sassily addressed.

 

"Not going to lie; I found him beautiful" Kai shifted and laid on the couch; his head is now resting on his arms.

 

He held the smirk that was forming on his lips when he saw Chanyeol's sudden change of expression. Kai did not lie about that, but he only said that to tease the older.

 

"Stand up; we'll go to his apartment." The sound of Chanyeol's steps faded as he walked out of the room.

 

Kai let his other arm fall on his face, and it covered his eyes. He lazily stood up before following the older outside.

 

Chanyeol's car is beside his; the space in front of Kai's house could easily contain another vehicle.

 

Sighing, he closed the front door before making his way towards Chanyeol's car. When he opened the door, Chanyeol's eyes were boring holes on his skin.

 

"What?" he then asked.

 

"Dr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter