Incomplete Love

∞ Infinite Possibilities ∞ ║ One-Shot Requests Archive (2012-2017)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by: AnonElle

Title: Incomplete Love

Main Characters: Kim Jongin/Kai (EXO), Jeon Jaerin (OC), EXO

Pairing: Kai x OC

Genre: romance, drama, high school au

Plot: A story in which Jeon Jaerin and Kim Jongin have been best friends turned high school sweethearts. Now in their last year of high school with their friends, they all begin to look into college and what to do after high school. Jaerin gets accepted into a college in the US, originally she applied to said school and didn't tell her friends because she didn't think she would get in. She doesn't know whether to go or not, and goes on basically a mission to find out what to do. [I was thinking that she could ask a few of the other EXO members for their opinion, some tell her to stay, others tell her to go. Except she tells them not to tell anyone, and Jongin ends up not knowing until the last moment.] Finally, she asks Jongin for his opinion and he tells her that he'll accept anything she chooses.

Keywords: 

Additional Requests: I have no specific ending I prefer. You can choose whether she stays or goes. Maybe if you can, a tiny little flash forward to like a few years later and Jaerin looking back on her decsion.

 

Jaerin sighs when she hears the plans of Jongin. Graduation is coming closer and the stress is getting worse. Everyone wants to enroll into a good college, but they don't accept everyone. Jaerin has sent some applies around, she even looked into American schools. Jongin keeps it closer to home, he doesn't want to go far and leave everyone behind.

That's Jongin.

Jaerin and Jongin have been together for over a year now. They tell each other everything, share everything. It is rare to see them not being together. Sometimes they are surrounded by their friends, mostly those of Jongin. He has been close with the same club of guys since the beginning of times. He most likely won't turn them in anytime soon.

That's Jongin.

Jongin doesn't like changes, not at all. Jaerin doesn't want anything else but please Jongin. She therefore was extremely afraid once she got accepted in one particular college. Because this would change things for sure. She wasn't very happy when she got the letter even though this is all she had ever dreamed of. How was she ever going to explain it to Jongin? An American college, famous for turning its students into notorious artists, had accepted her. The American college she had always wanted to get into, even before Jongin had walked into her life. She didn't think they would accept her, but they did. They actually did.

And why did they? She is not special, she isn’t even the best in class, according to her at least. Jongin, he tells her otherwise. He always keeps telling her how she is the smartest, most creative, most wonderful girl in the school, if not the country.

That’s Jongin.

The Jongin Jaerin is madly in love with. The Jongin she’d take a bullet for if there was a need to. She is sure that he’d do the same thing. She can’t leave him all alone and move to America without him, can she?

“They have pretty girls in Seoul,” Chanyeol nodded, it is lunch time and all Jongin’s friends are together, “I’ve tried to apply for some colleges over there, but I haven’t heard anything yet.”

Jaerin looks at Chanyeol, why are they talking about colleges again? This is probably the seventh time today.

Minseok nudges Chanyeol playfully, “why are girls all you think about?” Chanyeol immediately defends himself, “well, why not! You’re with me, right, Baekhyun?” Baekhyun raises his shoulders. “Ah, come on! You’re with me, I know you are.”

Jongin clears his throat, smiles at Jaerin and then looks back at the group, “guys, guys, the most pretty girl is already here, they won’t be much better in Seoul.”

Why are you saying that? Why do you make it so hard? Jaerin looks down with a semi-fake smile, her cheeks turning a little red is not fake though.

Sehun and Jongdae cringe jokingly and Chanyeol exclaims, “behold the prince of cheesiness, dear god!”

“It’s true though!” Jongin chuckles shyly. “I don’t need to go all the way to Seoul when my favorite girl is right here.” He throws an arm around Jaerin and presses his cheek against hers lightly, it feels good. Jaerin closes her eyes and savors the warmth of Jongin’s face. They stay like that until the bell rings for the next hour.

Kyungsoo shoots up, “stop being lovey-dovey, it’s time for a different kind of chemistry.” Jongin pecks her cheek and asks what subject she has to go to. “Art,” Jaerin nods with a smile, “way better than chemistry.”

“Have fun, sweetheart.” Jongin waves one more time and catches up with Kyungsoo.

Jaerin sighs and takes her bag, she really shouldn’t be procrastinating to tell Jongin the news.

 

She can’t concentrate in art class, instead of focusing on the mood board she has to make, her mind shifts to the confused mood she is in. Next to her is Tao busy working on a great mood board, filled with beautiful scenery and the latest fashion. He works very focused, not looking up when there’s anything that might distract him. Jaerin thought for a bit, to disturb or not to disturb?

Softly she speaks up, “Tao?” Unfortunately it isn’t loud enough, Tao is listening to music, which was turned up enough for her to differentiate every word. She bites her lip a little when she thinks and decides to do it again. She starts with tapping his shoulder. He looks up, smiling softly and takes out one of his earpieces, making the music scream louder. “Yes?”

“Tao, there’s something I need to tell you.” He takes the other earpiece out as well, “sure, what’s up?”

“I’ve been accepted into a college,” she had taken a deep breath and spoke the words slowly. A flustered smile shows on Tao’s face, he drops the pencil in his hand and hugs her. “Really? That’s so great! What’s the problem then?” Jaerin sighs sadly, “in America.”

Tao’s eyes get bigger, “America?” Jaerin nods.

“I see…” he lets her go and places his elbows on the table, he cups his face in his hands and looks at her. “Are you going?”

“That’s the problem,” she fumbles with her fingers. “I don’t know.”

“Jongin is holding you back, isn’t he?” She nods, Tao nods back, “I understand, but this is your future. Don’t you see how great this opportunity is?” Tao scoffs a little, “he will be pissed, but it’s for the best. Ultimately, he wants you to be happy.” Jaerin nods again and Tao ruffles her hair before he puts his earpieces in again. “All will be well, whatever you choose. And just tell him, don’t worry too much. It’s your decision, not his.”

Tao turns back to his mood board and Jaerin lets it all sink in. That was some good advice, but Tao might not have been the best choice to ask fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter