Chapter 46

What I Want to Do If I Have a Lover

Your POV

Agh! It’s been two days now since the night we argued, also the last time I’ve talked to him. He never called me nor messaged me since then, though I’m texting him regularly – asking if he is fine, saying hello, and so on. Is it already over between us Seobbie? Or you just need some space right now? I blew air that made my bangs fling. I looked at the finished scarf that I’am planning to give him on our anniversary, picked it up over the drawer then stared at it.

I get to complete it for the past days I locked myself here in my room. I’ve been alone all the while, not even speaking a word with my siblings nor umma. Appa scolded me right after I went home from Yojin’s place. He got mad at me for sneaking out of the house the night before. He even told me that I’am being stubborn now and keeps on blaming Seobbie because of what I did. Of course, I defended Seobbie from appa. He is innocent from my doing, he is of no fault. And then, appa and I ended up arguing, yelling at each other. It was the first time I get to yelped at my appa, and so, because of the disrespectful attitude I showed him, he slapped me and told everyone inside the house that I can’t go anywhere ‘coz I’ll be grounded until the day we are about to fly to US. I just glared at appa after he said those things while my tears keep on falling from my eyes. I ran upstairs through my bedroom stomping my feet on the floor then locked up myself. After that, I never went out of my room. My brother Chunji just brings food to me and leaves it in front of my bedroom’s door.

Aish! Why everything is becoming more complicated? What am I going to do now? Its becoming harder and harder to be resolved and to be solved! Tsk! This test is so difficult Lord, but I know you won’t give me this kind of task if I can’t pass through it right? I know that you believe in me; that I can pass through all of it. Just always be right by my side Lord, don’t leave me alone with this. After sometime, my cellphone suddenly rang. I get excited hoping it was Seobbie calling me. I reached for it from the other side of my bed then rushingly answered it with excitement.

“Yeobosaeyo!” I cheerfully said.

“Mina-ah!” he plainly said.

My excitement slowly faded when I realized it wasn’t the one I’am expecting for. Psh! It was actually Junhyung inviting me to go to his apartment and just hang around with the rest of the gang. Argh! He is so in the wrong timing! I’am grounded how am I supposed to go there as much as I wanted to?! Tss! But hey! Wait a sec … I’ve sneaked out once, and I can do it again. Hence, this might be the last time I can get to have fun with my friends :(

“OK! I’ll be there in no time.”

“Nice one Mina! Ok! See you then!”

“Deh! Bye!”

“Bye!”

I dropped the phone call and threw it somewhere over my bed. I bit my lower lip then looked around. Hmmm … maybe I should leave when it’s dark. After all, the sun is already setting. I jumped off from my bed then stretched my arms a bit in the air. I walked through the bathroom and washed myself. Afterwards, I dried my entire body with a towel then headed straight to my closet. I grabbed for the black leather coat, white blouse with a printed word “SWAGGER”, denim acid washed shorts, and thick black stockings. As soon as I get dressed, I glanced on the glass door to check if it’s dark already. I made a smirk after knowing that the moon is on saying ‘hi’ to me alongside with the twinkling stars. I picked up my cellphone then slid it to my pocket. I looked for my red skechers and urgently wore it.

But before I sneak out again, I fixed my a.k.a clone first on my bed. Hope they won’t discover it wasn’t me for the second time around. Anyways, right after doing that, I went outside the veranda and silently closed the glass door. I just remembered the time when Seobbie sneaked in with the use of this huge tree in front of my room. And so, I grabbed for the branch that looks like a bridge through my balcony and climbed to it. I managed to get down of the tree without making any noise and stumble on the ground. As soon as my feet touched the flooring, I swiftly walked out of the gate then put it back in place with no sound at all. I ran along the street sides and then called for a cab.

I went inside the taxi and told the driver where I was headed to. While the car is in motion, I rested my head at the seat then shut my eyes for seconds. Whoo! I’ll surely miss being such a stubborn girl like this :P kekeke! After a while, I pulled my head and my body from leaning on the seat then looked to my right side outside the window. When I noticed that I already passed through a few blocks away from Junhyung’s apartment. I then asked the ajusshi to drive back and so he did. The car stopped in front of the apartment. I looked to the car meter and saw the service costs 6,000 won. I searched for my wallet all over my body but found none. Aish! I just then realized that I entirely lost my mind and forgot to bring my wallet with me.

“Uhm … wait here for a minute mister. I’ll just get money from my friends inside. But don’t worry I won’t run from my debt on you, I’ll be back in a couple of seconds.” I politely begged.

I rushed out of the car then urgently ran through Junnie’s apartment. I pushed the door forcefully and immediately searched for him.

“Junnie-ah! Where are you?! Come out-come out wherever you are!” I shouted.

Right after roaming around his apartment ignoring others inside, Junnie swiftly came out from the kitchen asking why. I approached him then stood in front of him with puppy eyes and clasped palms.

“JUNNIE PLEASE LEND ME MONEY TO PAY FOR THE TAXI! I FORGOT TO BRING MY WALLET SO PLEASE … LEND SOME ALMS FOR NOW, I’LL PAY YOU LATER. I SWEAR!”

“Psh!” he made a curve on his face while shrugging his head.

Junnie together with me went out of his apartment and walked towards the cab I used to get a ride. He paid for the fare then slightly bowed at the driver ajusshi.

“Kamsahamneeda!” he said then bowed.

“Kamsahamneeda!” I said too and bowed.

The car drove away and left us in front of his apartment.

“Gomawo Junnie! You’re such a true friend!” I gave him a smile.

“Hahaha! Anytime Mina … anytime!” he laughed. “C’mon let’s go inside now.”

Both of us went inside and socialized with the gang. I didn’t notice that everyone is there already - Yojin, Gikwang, Hyunseung, Doojoon, Jiyeon, Seobbie, and even Suzy. Aigoo! Is this a sign for me to tell them that I’am actually leaving? Gosh! I still don’t have the guts yet. Agh! Anyways, back to the reality … Yojin approached me then placed her hands over my shoulders.

“Ya! What’s the matter? Why did you look for Junnie like that? Why are you in a rush?”

“I forgot to bring money so I asked him to lend me some to pay for the taxi fare.”

“Bwo?! Why didn’t you bring your car instead?”

“Well, it’s a long story Yojin; a terrible very long story!”

After discussing some things with my bestfriend, we both decided to join the other folks gathered around together in the living room happily eating a 24-inch plain cheese thin crust pizza. Yojin and I sat side by side then took each a slice of pizza. We intersected a chit-chat with them and bite on our pizzas. But as everyone is having fun, I just then noticed Seobbie stood up and walked on to terrace. All I do is to follow him with my eyes. Moments later, Yojin tapped my arm with her elbow. I turned my head unto her. She gestured her head to go after Seobbie and have a small talk with him. It took me a while to make a decision until I finally made up my mind. I put down my slice of pizza on the carton box, stood up and slowly took steps ‘til I reached him on the balcony.

I was standing behind him a few meters away, and then little by little, I managed to stand next to him without a word. He was just standing still leaning his arms crossed over the hedge and staring from a far as if I’m a mist that he didn’t see nor feel. I breathed out deeply and bit my lower lip corner before I say a word.

“Uhm … ugh-Seobbie-ah?” I murmured then gazed at him though he is not looking at me. “Are you … I mean-uhm … we … are we okay?”

“What do you mean by ‘are we okay’?”

“Are we okay … because … we haven’t talked for days since that night? You know, it’s just that-that …” I sighed. “I honestly don’t know if-if we can … still work this out.”

Oh crap! Guess I’ve said the wrong words …

“What I mean is that-” I was interrupted by him.

“Mina-ah.” He paused. “I admit I’ve been too harsh on you by that time and I’am regretting it.”

“But why are you acting like this? Are you avoiding me?” I said under my breath.

“I don’t know either.” He slowly moved his head to my direction and stared at me eye-to-eye.

The air between us was filled with silence. And no one seems want to break that wall of silence. We are like in a staring contest because we have been gazing at each other for a while now without even a blink. But then, I gave up and looked away from him sighing. I can’t keep my eyes to roam around the view and think of something; something that will make us okay. And then the days left for me to say goodbye to him flashed back in my mind. I need to say it to him right now … or say it never until we finally got apart. Haist! What topic should I open up as an introduction? Whaa! I badly need help here!

“Uhm … Seobbie-ah, I just wanna ask you something.” I turned to him. “What will you do without me? I mean, what you think will happen to you if I’m no longer by your side?” I gave him a plain serious stare.

“What came into your mind to ask me that? It’s just strange.”

“Nothing … seriously, I just wanted to know.” I blew air on my cheeks. “But if you don’t want to answer, it’s fine with me.” I whispered.

“Well.” He breathed out heavily. “If you really want to know then …” he paused for a while. “Of course, I’m going to die without you Mina. I can’t live without you, you are everything to me; you are my life.”

“What if-if I had to leave you … for good?”

“Wae? Are you planning to leave me?” he said under his breath then looked at me straight in the eyes.

The feeling that you are about to say goodbye to a person you loved the most and the fear that he might not understand it; it’s just killing me inside. Does he already know about it? Or he just can feel that I’am going a thousand miles away from him?

“If ever that time comes, will you wait for me?”

“You don’t have to ask me that question, ‘coz I’ll definitely wait for you no matter how long it takes. I will wait for you even if it takes a lifetime. I will wait for you until you comeback to me.”

I can’t explain the feeling I have right now after hearing those words from him, which he is going to wait for me. My eyes suddenly became watery and flowed down slowly through my cheeks.

“Ya! Why are you crying? Did I say something wrong?”

“I’m just touched.” I sniffed then wiped the water flowing from my eyes.

“Is that so?”

“Uhm … well, I-I have a very important thing to say to you Seobbie. You-you need to know it.”

I was still staring at his eyes. My heart thumps and thumps and thumps out of so much nervousness. I must say it to him at once. It’s a now or never Mina! Have courage! Whoo!

“I-I-I’am lea-” my words were cut when Suzy interrupted us by knocking hard on the glass door that caught both of our attention.

She slid the door to the left then entered her body to get outside. As she put the door back in place, she walked through me and said, “Mina, someone is looking for you outside.” She pointed her right thumb towards her back as if telling me someone is waiting outdoors.

“Who is it?”

“I don’t know. Maybe it is better if you go and check on it because I think it’s important.”

At first, I don’t wanna believe her of what she is telling me. But when I glanced at her again, she seems serious and sincere of it. So I drew my head unto Seobbie and saw him nodded at me as if saying I can go and check it out.

“I’ll be back.” I said then walked away from them.

I left the two of them on the balcony with a strange feeling deep inside me. It’s kinda weird but maybe I’m just being paranoid knowing that he is actually with a girl who likes him a lot. Anyways, when I got out of the apartment, there was no one there except for the chimmering of insects along the garden. I took a few steps all over the garden but saw no one which Suzy just told me. And as I was heading back inside, I all of a sudden heard a noise coming from behind the bushes. I got curious so I took a look at it and observed. Afterwards, a guy just stumbled on the grassy ground groaning. He is holding his knee, curved his body like a ball.

“Omo! Gk!” I knelt beside him and checked on him. “What happened to you?! Can you stand?”

I held on his hand then drew his arm over my shoulders to make him stand up.

“Who did this to you Gk, tell me.”

“Ouch! Aish! It was Suzy who kicked me on my knee. Tss! That girl is really a brat!”

“Bwo?! But why would she hurt you? And she even told me right before I went here that someone is looking for me.”

“Huh? But I saw no one here except … for … me.”

Aigoo! Now I get was he is thinking, I knew it. That girl is up to something. She is planning something evil!

“Gk, she is with him right now. Do you think …” I looked at him seriously.

“Argh! I so hate that girl! Let’s get inside now Mina before she succeeded to her evil plans with you and Yoseob.”

Like what he said, we walked faster as we could. I helped him out to walk quickly while holding his left arm rested over my shoulders. But then, because he is injured, he wasn’t able to control his balance and we ended up stumble on the grassy flooring. I was over him when we bumped on the ground. Moments later, I heard footsteps approaching us. I was about to stand up when a manly voice suddenly yelped out my name.

“MINA!”

As I turned my head to his direction, my eyes widened of shock when I saw Seobbie together with the devilish smirking Suzy who is standing next to him. I stood up before them then helped Gikwang to stand as well. I can see Seobbie’s eyes on fire, glaring at Gikwang and me as if he wants to eat the two of us whole. He walked through us then all of sudden swayed his right arm in the air and hardly touched his clenched fist onto Gikwang’s face, which absolutely caused him to fall on the ground.

“Ya! Stop it! Stop it!” I stood still infront of Seobbie who aiming to hit Gikwang again.

I managed to stop him from punching Gk for once and stared at him. When he put his fist down, I leaned over to Gikwang to help him. I made him stand but not like before that I had his arm over me, he stood up on his own while massaging the portion where he was hit.

“Why did you do that Seobbie?! What’s your problem?!”

“You are asking me what the problem is?! Hah! You two are the problem here!” he turned his sight to Gk. “I thought you were my friend Gk but you are a snake!”

“Seobbie what are you talking about?!”

“Stop being innocent Mina. You two just got caught in the act, okay?!”

“What?!”

“Just explain what these pictures mean!” Seobbie threw the photos over Gk and I which made it scatter on the ground.

I looked on the scattered photos on the ground then picked it up one by one. All of the pictures have me and Gikwang’s faces. It was all about us! There was this shot that he is hugging me, embracing each other – to comfort me because I cried when I was in the peek of telling him about leaving Seoul. These photos were taken through a series of shots. I suppose that these are taken the last night when I accidentally bumped on him on my way to Yojin’s place. But how come he has these pictures? Who gave these to him? I stood up while my eyes were still sticked on it.

“At first I don’t wanna believe those pictures, but then, when I saw you two here – actual, it just made me believe now; doing that rude thing in front of me. Hah!”

“You don’t understand Seobbie, I can explain these things! It was a set up! I’ve been set up! We’ve been set up by her!” I pointed my index finger at Suzy. “She told me that someone is looking for me here outside but then, who I saw is Gikwang in that situation becau-”

“Just cut it out Mina. Don’t blame somebody else of your fault!”

“Hah! Wow! So she is the one you believe in, huh? Tss!” I breathed out deeply trying to hold back myself of crying in front of them. “Think you really got brain washed by this stupid girl.”

“Stop accusing her Mina! She’s of no fault here!”

“Go on and continue defending her! It all just points out that you indeed don’t trust me. I knew it … you don’t have trust in me Seobbie. She is the one you are trusting to and not me.” I turned to Suzy who is actually hiding her smile of what is happening between us, and then threw the pictures all over her. “You happy now?! You’ve messed up everything between us! You have succeeded your evil plan!”

Right after doing that thing to her, the rest of the gang suddenly came out of the apartment and worriedly approached us four in the garden. They kept on asking us what is going on neither any of us answered them and gave any care at them.

“I’m done here!” I burst out while staring at Seobbie then walked away from all of them step by step.

I heard them shouting my name, but then when I felt some of them took a step and tried to stop me from leaving, I rapidly took steps … faster and faster until it came to the instance that I’am running away from them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Kyia!!! Here is another update especially for you my dears ^.^ probably my last updte for this week. Well, I get to finish my assigned works early and yeah ... as you can see, I managed to make a chapter.

*Hope ya'll like it ^.^

*Btw! I'am still working on chapter 47 so ... please wait for a while.

*This one is kinda long isn't it?

CHU~