Chapter 15

What I Want to Do If I Have a Lover

 

Dongwoon’s POV

As I’m standing next to our black Monterosport with arms crossed; watching my parents from a far walking hand-in-hand on the seashore … makes my heart flatter. I can say that until now, their love for each other remains or even grew deeper. After their 25 years of marriage, having 2 children, they are still in love with each other. I never saw them quarreling or something. They were always happy. Umma and Appa are like the BESTEST OF FRIENDS. Hahaha! I mean, well … I just can’t find the right words to say but it’s really amazing to see my parents happy together. FOREVER! Seeing them like that reminded me of Mina. Awww … I’m missing her now. Is she missing me too? Hehehe! Umma and Mina were both jolly persons. They can get along with anyone. They have the same personality. And Appa was like me. Appa is always sweet to Umma, taking care of her all the time; which I always do to Mina. Is there a possibility that my dongsaeng and I could be like Umma and Appa? Are my parents our future? WOAH-WOAH-WOAH! What am I thinking now? HAHAHA! It’s so out of this world! My dongsaeng and I?! Pfft! Impossible Dongwoon. IMPOSSIBLE! I-M-P-O-S-S-I-B-L-E! It can’t be.

Anyways, we are celebrating appa and umma’s 25th wedding anniversary here in Jeju Island. At first, noona and I thought of not coming with them in Jeju Island because we might disturb their moment together. But Umma and Appa refused. They told us that noona and I were the greatest gift they ever wanted on their 25th wedding anniversary. They want us to celebrate their anniversary with them. We don’t want them to get disappointed so we agreed. Geez! I was really blessed to have a family like this. And it’s really gratitude to have them as my parents. So thank you God!

“They were so much in love with each other.” A woman’s voice said from behind.

I turned around and saw noona walking towards me, then stand next to me on my right side.

“They are like bestfriends turned lovers huh?”

I just nodded while looking at Appa and Umma smiling.

“Just like you and Mina.” noona looked at me with a smirk.

“AHA!” noona laughed so loud. My smile slowly faded then looked at her bluntly.

Aish! What did I say?! OH NO! I’m doomed.

“Gotcha! You are in love with your so-called dongsaeng but afraid to confess to her cause she might reject you for she doesn’t feel the same way like the way you do. Am I right?!”

“Aniyo!”

“Tsss. Liar. Lemme guess … you are thinking about her seconds ago while watching at appa and umma.”

WHAT THE HECK IS MY SISTER?! Is she some kind of a psycho or something?! How'd she know that? Can she read minds now? Gosh! I don't know what to say to her.

“Silence means yes …” She giggled.

“NOONA!” I screamed while acting like a child stamping my feet on the ground alternately.

“That’s just how it is little brother.” She patted my back gently.

I don’t know when I started to fall for my dongsaeng. Maybe from the start? I didn’t notice I was actually falling for her cause I’m denying it to myself. UGH! Since when?

“Don’t ever think when you started to fall for her, you’ll never know when, or how, or why. That’s why it’s called FALLING INLOVE because you don’t actually forcing yourself to love someone. You just fall. Like what the song says, love moves in mysterious ways.”

Noona ruined my hair and kissed me on my right cheek.

“Too much sayings and quotable quotes from your noona huh?! HAHAHA! Have courage to confess to her bro! You've got rivals …” She pinched my chin with grin in her face. Noona is treating me like a little boy again. Tsss!

 

Your POV

Shoot! My head hurts so bad. I so wanted to bump my head on the wall ‘til it breaks. Aish! Damn this hang-over. I passed by someone along the corridor with a black hair wearing jersey jacket and white shirt in it. He is looking at me all smiles - I guess :P I’ve got a blur vision right now so I’m not pretty sure whether he is smiling at me or not. When I got my back on him, he called me and said, “Why so snob all of a sudden sleepyhead?”

HUH? Snob? Sleepyhead? I’m not snob! It’s just that I’m not sure if I knew him or if he is smiling at me. Tsss!  And what he just called me … sleepyhead? Seobbie is the only person I know calling me that. I stopped for a while then turned around.

“I’m not snob you know. It’s just that I’m not sure if I knew you so I apologi-”

Hey! I knew this guy. Is it Soebbie with a black hair? Where did banana man go?

“YA?! Seobbie? Is that you?”

I raised my right eyebrow giving him a puzzled look. He just nodded at me with a big smile on his face. Geez! I had to admit, black hair looks good to him. He’s so cute with black hair :) I like it :D

“Why did you dye your hair with black?”

“So you won’t call me banana man again.”

That’s it?! OMO! Since when did he knew that it was actually his blonde hair I’m pertaining to? The day I bumped on him was the day I called him banana man because of his attire, but not only that, his blonde hair added up to the color yellow he is wearing that made him look like a banana. Hahaha!

“Why? How-you-?”

I was stuttering, thinking and trying to connect the possibilities and circumstances how’d he knew that. I was altered by him saying I; I was the one who told him to dye his hair with black. I was like WHAT?! I can’t remember anything about that! Have he gone mad?! Geez! I don’t remember I’ve said those words.

“Me? I’m the one who told you to dye your hair? When? Are you sure it was me coz I don’t remember anything about it. Seriously!”

“HAHAHA! You don’t remember anything? Tsss. You told me that just last night. You were a totally drunken girl I took home that suggested me to change my hair color into natural black and thought of me as namjachingu by ajumma.”

So it was Seobbie who took me home then. What is Umma thinking about us, LOVERS?! NO WAY! But I still owe him for taking me home :)

“Oh! So that’s how the story goes. Very well. I’am whole-heartedly thanking you for taking me home when I was drunk last night and didn’t do anything to me. Thank you Seobbie!”

I bowed at him as a sign of thanks and respect to him. Seobbie was a gentleman and true friend. He didn’t take advantage to me when I was drunk. I admire him for that. Now I’m sure Seobbie was the one Umma invites to eat for dinner at home. Hmmm … Should I invite him or not? :P What a mean girl :D It’s actually Umma’s invitation not mine.

“And as a reward … will you come over to our house for dinner? Umma wants to invite you actually. Well, in behalf of her … I’am inviting you for dinner at home.”

OH GOD! It’s like I'm asking him out on a date. Shouldn’t it be his line? Pfft! Whatever!

“Seriously?! Wow! That’s great! Hahaha!”

Wow! He’s freaking excited. Wonder why. Hmmm …

“Guess it’s a yes right? Well then, see you later Seobbie.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*I apologize for the late update ... I was kinda busy at school this past week. So sorry. But now that we have our summer vacation, I can surely give a regular update on this fanfic :) Thanks for all your support :D