Chapter 26

What I Want to Do If I Have a Lover

 

Dongwoon’s POV

I’m still not feeling well. It still aches. I sighed heavily while staring at the wonderful sky above. I thought for a moment to check the status of my heart. I put my hand over my chest then shut my eyes. It’s like broken … but why? I’m not yet confessing to her, or I’am just being paranoid that Yoseob and she are actually in love with each other. What if they do love each other and I just can feel it. Should I confess to her already? Is it the right time? What if she’ll reject my confession? What if my confession will make our friendship over? What if she chose Yoseob over me? But, what if … aish! Stupid “WHAT Ifs”! It’s not helping me. Argh! I scratched my head out of irritation that absolutely ruined my hair in purpose.

Moments later someone called out oppa so I sat up straight right away thinking that it is my dongsaeng. I called for her name as soon as I sat up, but no one replied. She yelled oppa again, by this time; I felt she’s right behind me so I turned around to face her.

“Why aren’t you answering ba – whoa! You again?!” I blurted to Namju pointing my index finger at her.

“Op-pa! Why are you always looking for her? I’ am here anyway.” Namju frowned crossing her arms.

“How’d you get here? How did you know this place?”

“I simply followed you!” she smiled.

“Tsss! Are you some kind of a stalker?!” I grinned. “Just get lost Namju! I wanna be alone!” I turned my back on her.

“Op-pa!” she said with puppy eyes.

“And stop calling me oppa! LEAVE NOW!” I shouted.

 

Your POV

I yawned and stretched my arms in the air while walking upstairs to the rooftop. I’ll surely miss sleeping on the bench at the rooftop. Hehehe! Anyways, as I reached the final staircase, I saw Namju coming down so I paused for a while then gazed at her. She noticed me and stopped in my front. I smiled back at her and greeted “hi”. She didn’t smiled back, what she did is raise her eyebrows on me then rolled her eyes and walked away bumping my shoulders. I stepped a little backwards due to the impact. Lucky me I managed to balance myself. I’m not quite sure if she really did it on purpose, but what I clearly know is that she did not even say sorry or something. I glared at her from a distance while she is walking away.

“Psssh! What is the matter with her?!” I said gritting my teeth.

I continued going up the stairs until I reached the rooftop. I saw Dongwoon oppa there, alone, staring somewhere far. It’s like something is bothering him. Are they having a love quarrel? I approached him and screamed oppa.

“You’re not leaving yet?! I said LEAVE ME ALONE!” he yelled without looking at me.

“Hey oppa … it’s me Mina.” I patted his shoulders then sat beside him. “You have a problem oppa?”

“Oh … mianhae dongsaeng. I didn’t mean to yell at you.” He sighed.

“What’s the problem oppa? You two having an LQ?” I dropped my backpack on the ground and grabbed a snack out of it.

I opened the snack and offered it to Dongwoon oppa. He just shrugged then looks at me bluntly, straight in the eyes.

“What do you mean by that ‘you two’? And LQ?! Huh?!” asked oppa.

“Why? Are you two not … Namju …” I said shrugging my head.

“Course not dongsaeng! We are not a couple okay?! And I don’t even like her a bit!” he yelped.

“WHOA! Chill oppa. I’m sorry. I’m sorry.”

“I thought you are my dongsaeng hence what you did is to group me with … someone I-I … don’t love.”

“Mianhae op-pa. I didn’t mean to-” I murmured pouting my lips and ate my snack instead. “Then whom do you prefer me to group you with? I don’t even know who are you in love with or if ever you are in love with someone. Well, are you in love oppa? Just wondering …”

Dongwoon oppa didn’t even give a damn. He just looked away from me then sighed. So is he really in love? And must be in a complicated situation, isn’t it?

“Hey oppa. Do I know her? Tsss. You told me that there will be NO SECRETS. Right?!”

“Deh. You know her. A lot.” He murmured.

“Can I know her name? Initials?” I asked with puppy eyes.

“A-ni …”

“Psssh! You’re so mean oppa.” I grinned. “Okay. One more thing, I’m just curious about it. H-how does it feel like to be … uhm … in love?” I looked at him seriously. “How would you know if you are in love with someone?”

“Why? Are you in love already?” he smirked.

“I don’t know! That’s why I’m asking you.” I frowned.

“So you are in love huh?” Oppa smiled lightly. “You know what dongsaeng … it’s really hard to explain this kind of things, coz you are the only one who can answer that. You will just feel it. But as for me, whenever I’m with her, I feel so much happiness in my heart. It’s like; I always want to be with her all the time. I want to caress her in my arms … forever.”

“Is that so?” I put my hand over my chest.

As oppa is telling me on what he feels to be with that someone he loves, I kept on thinking about Seobbie. I can’t help but to think of how I feel that night, when Seobbie and I are hugging each other in the middle of the dancing crowd. Can this be … what they call … love?

“Don’t use your mind, but your heart.” Dongwoon oppa said smiling at me then taps my head.

“So oppa, you confessed to her yet? Does she know that you love her?”

Oppa shrugged then looked from a distance. “I’m afraid … I’m afraid that she’ll reject it for she might be in love with somebody else.”

“How did you know that she is in love with someone else though you’re not yet confessing to her?”

“I just know it.” Oppa turned his head to me. “I can see it in her eyes. And it’s obvious on how they when they are together. They’ve been so close. Too close to be just friends. They might not know that it is already love, that they are already in love with each other. Besides, everyone is teasing them too.” He looked down on the ground and sighed. “It just hurts.” He mumbled.

Dongwoon oppa seemed to be really in love with that girl. He is in deep pain. I can absolutely see it. I’m not used to see him like this. I don’t wanna see my oppa like this. I wanted to comfort oppa so I moved closer beside him, put my arms around him and leaned my head over his shoulder.

“Op-pa …” I whispered.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*this chap is a conversation between you and Dongwoon ^^ hope you don't mind ^^

*i'm still working on the next chap so ... kindly wait patiently... especially if it takes me too long to update.

 

Anyways, ENJOY!