Sibling Squabbles

Path to Your Dreams

Tuesday Evening, Winter Break

Changsub's house.

Christmas Eve was always spent rather humbly in the Lee household. There was no large family reunion or festive party. Just a quiet dinner at home after attending the Christmas Eve service at church.

As a child, Changsub used to think this was a lame way to celebrate the holiday, but over time he'd come to appreciate the tradition his single mother had set for him and his younger sister.

"Jungeun-ah…"

Changsub smiled as he glanced sideways at his sister who was drying the dishes beside him while he washed them. She caught his eye and returned the smile.

"Oppa you've gotten faster at washing the dishes." She commented.

Changsub chuckled and looked back at the bowl he was washing.

"Well I've had a lot of practice at the dorm and the faster I wash the dishes the more I time I have to play games...or do homework." He replied.

"You and your video games..." His sister sighed. "I will say it is a lot quieter at home without you cursing from your room all night." 

"Oh but you miss me don't you?" Changsub cooed as his sister rolled her eyes.

"You wish oppa." She replied. 

"Anyways..." She continued. "How's the new place? Are you settling in okay?" 

Changsub nodded. 

"Yeah. It's not quite home yet but it's getting there." 

"Mmm that's good." 

There was a comfortable silence between the two siblings until the younger spoke up again.

"Oppa." She said rather timidly.

"What?"

"Is Eunkwang oppa still dating that crazy girl?"

Changsub gave his sister a suspicious side glance as he continued scrubbing.

"Bomi? Yeah they're going pretty steady…why?" He asked.

His sister shrugged.

"I don't know, just wondering." She said casually.

Changsub put down the sponge and turned off the faucet.

"Jungeun-ah." He sighed. "Please do me a favor and find somebody else to crush on besides Eunkwangie hyung. It's giving me stress and he's already whipped for Bomi anyway."

"I know but I can't help it. He's a sweet guy." His sister answered with a dreamy smile.

Changsub nearly gagged at her response.

"Sweet guy?" He said incredulously. "More like a hopelessly cringey wimp with a 'video' collection much too large for his less than average-"

"No! Oppa stop it you're ruining his good church oppa image!" His sister cried.

She covered her ears with the dish towel while Changsub laughed and pinched her cheek.

"Aigoo my baby sister...still so innocent." He said affectionately.

"I'm not a baby! I'm only one year younger than you!" His sister protested.

"Yes but I'm still your oppa so I get to have a say in what kind of guys you're interested in."

"But that's not fair."

"Why not?"

"Because you're always sticking your nose into my dating life but you never tell me when there's a girl you like."

Changsub gave a guilty chuckle at his sister's response. She was right of course. It was somewhat hypocritical to be playing protective oppa without ever confiding his own secrets to her.

"Should I tell her about Chorong?"

He glanced around to make sure their mother wasn't in the room then motioned for his sister to come closer and lowered his voice.

"Jungeun-ah let's make a deal. If you stop talking about Eunkwangie hyung around me then I'll let you in on a big secret but you can't tell eomma about it."

He looked expectantly at his sister who raised a critical eyebrow at the proposal.

"No." She answered.

"No??? What do you mean no?" Changsub asked in surprise.

"Because." His sister said, giving him an admonishing look. "I can't just stop liking him because you tell me to and I don't like the sound of this secret of yours. Whenever you keep things from eomma it's always something bad and if you did anything stupid again like getting a new tattoo I'm definitely going to tell."

Changsub laughed sheepishly.

"Ayee…don't be like that to me Jungeun-ah...it's not a bad secret I promise." He whined.

His sister seemed reluctant to give in, but after a moment of consideration she finally let out a resigned sigh.

"Fine. What did you do?" She asked.

Changsub grinned.

"I got a girlfriend." He whispered.

He waited for his sister to gasp or giggle but instead he only got a look of amused pity.

"Oh oppa…" She said with a pat on his shoulder. "Did you really think I could keep something like that from eomma?"

A sneaky glint appeared in her eye and Changsub panicked.

"Yah! Don't you dare rat me out!" He hissed.

His sister giggled and turned her head towards the living room.

"Eomma!!" She called. "Eomma! Oppa has a g-"

Her yell was cut off by a squealing yelp as Changsub launched a frenzied tickle attack at her sides.

"You think this is funny? Huh? Betraying your one and only oppa like that after all the times I used to cover for you when you were out at SHINee concerts instead of going to cram school? Wah you've changed a lot since I left for the dorms Jungeun-ah…eomma's stickler energy must be starting to rub off on you."

"Ahh oppa stop it, it tickles! Eomma!! Help!!"

As the two siblings tussled in the kitchen, their mother appeared from her room and stood a short distance away, watching them with a mix of affection and disapproval.

"Aigoo…" She sighed to herself. "I can't believe they're both in college and still acting like this at home."

 

-----

 

A/N  창섭이가 돌아왔다!!!!

Kyaaaaaaaaa 

This boy...the livestream starts...he crawls out from under the table, stands there, turns around...derps...sits down...and then deadass just screams into the camera like...hahahaha it's so him.

Hello Changsub welcome back TT____TT 

p.s. Changsub's sister is the realest Eunkwang ship lol

We don't really know what she's like but she's probably not this sassy heh...she looks too soft

Also Changsub's dad like...doesn't exist?? Idk boy never mentions him so who knows.