Saving Face

Path to Your Dreams

Tuesday Morning, Winter Break

Chorong and Bomi's dorm.

"Well well…If it isn't the queen of chastity herself." Said Bomi as she stood smirking in the doorway.

Chorong squirmed uncomfortably under Bomi's scrutinizing gaze.

"Bbom-ah my train leaves in 2 hours I need to get changed." She said.

She tried taking a step forward but Bomi blocked her way.

"Not so fast unnie." Bomi said with a devilish grin.

Chorong rolled her eyes.

"Oh my gosh I don't have time for this Bbom-ah YAH STOP IT!" She yelled as Bomi suddenly reached for her jacket collar.

"Come on let me see!!" Bomi teased.

She pulled aside Chorong's collar and peered at her neck.

"Oh ho new necklace I see. Did Changsub oppa give you anything else?"

"Bbom-ah stop." Chorong protested.

Bomi scowled and let go of Chorong's jacket.

"Aw boo…" She said looking disappointed. "Unnie you're no fun. I was hoping to see some love bites at least but it looks like you're just vanilla."

"Love bites?? Vanilla??? I don't know what you're talking about." Chorong spluttered in mortification.

She'd expected Bomi to be upset at her for not coming back to the dorm the night before, but this invasive teasing was almost worse than Bomi's crybaby whining.

"She knows…she definitely knows."

With an indignant huff Chorong pulled her jacket closer and turned up her collar. There was no visible evidence to hide but for whatever reason she still felt the need to shield herself.

"Wah I never thought I would live to see this day." Bomi mused as she looked Chorong over from head to toe.

"Aish shut up and let me inside." Chorong demanded impatiently.

Bomi winked then stood aside from the door.

"That's what she said." She sang under her breath.

Chorong pretended not to hear Bomi but her cheeks burned as she stalked past her roommate. 

"This girl…"

She quickly tossed her bag aside and shrugged off her jacket while Bomi hovered over her shoulder like an overly inquisitive humming bird.

"What." Chorong said, turning to Bomi with a sigh.

Bomi wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

"Well?…You must've had a good time since you to ignored all my texts last night." She cooed.

Chorong winced slightly. There were about 30 unread texts from Bomi still in her phone that she hadn't bothered to read.

"Sorry I just got you know…carried away…" She mumbled dismissively.

"I can see that." Bomi said knowingly. 

"So tell me." She continued. "How exactly did he carry you away? Over the shoulder? Bridal style?" 

"I meant figuratively." Chorong snapped.

Bomi giggled much to Chorong's annoyance and started jumping wildly while clinging to her arm.

"Oh unnie this is so exciting you're finally breaking out of your prude workaholic shell!" She squealed.

Chorong allowed Bomi three more seconds of celebration before she put an end to her nonsense with a series of ahjumma slaps in the shoulder.

"Aish stop bothering me Bbom-ah don't you have anything better to do?!" Chorong scolded.

"Like what?" Bomi asked.

Chorong made an exasperated noise.

"I don't know, the chores?" She said, gesturing aimlessly at the room.

Bomi simply grinned.

"Ah but they're all done." She declared smugly.

Chorong narrowed her eyes at Bomi then looked around. She'd been too worked up to notice when she walked in but indeed Bomi was right. The dorm was absolutely spotless.

Chorong gave a long sigh.

"You cleaned up well." She admitted grudgingly.

Bomi's grin seemed to grow even cheekier.

"See? Nothing left to do." She said as she wrapped an arm around Chorong's shoulder. "And I have an hour left to kill before eomma and appa come to pick me up so why don't we just sit down and have a little girl talk and you can tell me all about your 'sleepover' hmm?"

Chorong shook her head.

"No. Not happening. Not in a million years. Besides, there's no time to relax. I have to change and pack and catch the bus early enough to get to the station in time for my train." She replied.

She broke away from Bomi and quickly went to the closet to find a fresh outfit.

"Why are your parents coming to get you anyway? Don’t you live nearby?" She asked in an attempt to change the subject.

Bomi giggled.

"We're going to Yongin." She answered.

"Yongin? But it's Christmas why in the world would you need to go there?"

"Because…we're going to Eunkwang oppa's house for dinner."

"You're what?!"

Chorong stopped in the middle of taking a blouse from the closet and turned to look at Bomi who seemed to be rather unfazed by the thought of spending Christmas with her boyfriend's family.

"What." Bomi said casually.

She laughed at Chorong's surprised face.

"It's not a big deal unnie I've met his parents before."

"I know but…shouldn't you be nervous or something? " Chorong asked.

Bomi shook her head.

"Nahhh Eungka will definitely do something silly again to lift the mood. He swears he doesn't do it on purpose but the accidents he's caused have been way too hilarious to be real. Anyways his parents love me already and we always have a good laugh while he's freaking out."

A warm look of amusement came over Bomi's face as she seemed to be remembering some funny moments.

"Aigoo…how did I end up with such a klutz of a boyfriend." She sighed. "Anyways it'll be so interesting when Changsub oppa meets your dad. I can just imagine it now. He'll be stiff as a board next to the hapkido master."

 Bomi pulled a Changsub-esque face and imitated his nasally voice.

"Yes abeonim! Of course abeonim! Don't worry I'll take good care of your daughter abeonim! And I'll make sure to bring her home on time abeonim!"

She winked sneakily at Chorong at the last part. 

"Ohhh I can't wait." She squealed in her normal excited voice as Chorong's face went red.

"Quit it. Changsubbie won't be meeting my dad any time soon." Chorong muttered.

She took her clothes and made her way to the bathroom to escape Bomi's continuous barrage of teasing. Once inside she breathed a sigh of relief. She loved Bomi as a sister but just like a real sibling she could be very annoying sometimes.

And yet despite the craziness there was something mature about how comfortable Bomi was in her relationship with Eunkwang, Chorong thought. She wondered if she could ever be so open about her own love life the way Bomi was.

"I guess it's just natural. She's a free spirit after all."

Chorong looked at her reflection in the mirror and touched her necklace wistfully. She wasn't sure she would be able to find the courage to bring up her relationship to her parents at this stage. Not that they would be against it or anything, but it would be very uncharacteristic for her to make such an announcement at the dinner table after she so often used to profess her resistance to dating with pride.

The memories brought a smile to Chorong's face as she lowered her eyes from the mirror. It had been a long time since she'd been home with all of her family.

She closed her hand around the necklace and sighed.

Perhaps she could just tell her two sisters first.

Yes, that would do for a start.

 

-------

 

A/N  So I'm not sure how many versions of Christmas dinner or Christmas day I want to write but do you want to see the Kwangmi version? Hmm...I'll have to think on it. Also Minhyuk...oh Minhyuk...was it really necessary to tease us with the gym pic when he's not even discharged yet T___T 

P.S. Happy Belated Birthday to Bomi and Happy Birthday to Eunji !!!