Unexpected Applicant

Path to Your Dreams

Friday Afternoon, Week 16

Boys Dorm

Exams were now finished but there was no time to rest for Changsub and Hyunsik. The two were busy in their room packing their things and cleaning up the semester's mess.

Hyunsik made a face as he picked up a lost sock from under the bed that probably hadn't been washed in months.

"Dude…is this the sock you've been missing?" He asked.

Changsub fanned the air with his hand.

"Ugh just trash it." He said.

Hyunsik tossed the sock into the garbage bag and continued to pick through the miscellaneous bits of junk under the bed. 

"How did our room become such a disaster in just one semester?" Hyunsik sighed.

Changsub shrugged.

"Well it isn't any messier than it's been the past few years and it definitely can't be worse than Eunkwang's room. Now THAT is a real disaster." He said as he pulled several hangers from the closet and unceremoniously shoved the clothes into his suitcase.

Hyunsik chuckled.

"Haha that's true. I hope we find a decent roommate who knows how to clean though."

"Yeah…that would be nice." Changsub agreed.

He rummaged in the closet again.

"Have you seen my jacket?" He asked.

"Huh? Which one?"

"The denim one." Changsub replied, flipping through the rest of the hangers.

Hyunsik got up from under the floor and dusted off his hands.

"Your girlfriend was wearing it several days ago wasn't she?"

"Oh right." Changsub said sheepishly. He'd forgotten Chorong had borrowed it.

"You two share a lot of clothes for a couple who doesn't live together." Hyunsik commented.

"What, it's just a few jackets and hoodies."

Changsub tried to brush it off but Hyunsik smirked and wiggled his eyebrows at him.

"Why didn't you ask her to move in with us?" Hyunsik asked with a teasing grin.

Changsub's ears turned red.

"Because my mom would murder me??" He spluttered.

Hyunsik's eyes disappeared with laughter at Changsub's flustered expression.

"When are you gonna tell your mom you have a girlfriend?" He asked.

"I don't know…when I feel like it." Changsub replied.

"You know she'll just scold you more if you don't tell her and she finds out."

Changsub let out an annoyed sigh and stuffed the last of his clothes into his suitcase.

"I'll get around to it sometime." He said.

Hyunsik laughed again and went to go wash his hands.

"Let's take a break, I wanna check if anyone responded to our roommate post on the school forums."

"You go do that, I'm gonna keep packing." Changsub replied, still looking slightly perturbed from Hyunsik's teasing.

Hyunsik went to the desk and opened up his laptop. He logged in to the forums and scrolled down to the post he'd put up earlier that week. There was one reply under the post.

"Hey somebody replied!" He said.

He opened the post and his eyes widened at the name of the person who'd sent the reply.

"Umm…Changsub?" He said.

"What."

"Come look at this you're not going to believe who just…"

Changsub came over and looked over Hyunsik's shoulder at the computer screen.

"What the hell…"

The two boys looked at each other then back at the page.

"There's no way…there has to be someone else." Changsub said staring in disbelief at the name.

"That's the only reply we got though." Hyunsik said.

"Not happening. I'm not living with that showoff." Changsub huffed and crossed his arms.

"Oh come on man we need to find somebody quick and who knows maybe he's not as bad as you think. We should at least meet up for a chat and see what he's like in person."

Hyunsik started typing a new reply under the post as Changsub watched with a disapproving look.

"Ugh fine do whatever you want bro but I'm telling you I don't like it."

He sighed and went back to packing his stuff.

This was supposed to be a new start to a free life outside the dorms. Why did it have to be that guy of all people? 

 

-----

 

A/N  I live for stories of Changsub getting scolded by his mom for buying expensive XD Lol…what a mama boy. Who sent the post???? It's not that hard to guess hehe….