Tilted

Path to Your Dreams

Thursday Afternoon, Week 6

Esports Computer Lounge.

The sounds of mouse clicking and keyboard tapping filled the Esports lounge as Changsub, Eunkwang, and Hyunsik signed in at the front desk for their hours.

"Man I'm pretty rusty I haven't played in a while." Hyunsik said, cracking his knuckles as they went to go find some empty computers.

"Just don’t over extend and we'll be fine." Changsub replied.

He sat down in front of one of the monitors and immediately began to rearrange the mouse and keyboard. Ah…the struggles of being a leftie.

"Alright guys let's get some kills!" Eunkwang rubbed his hands together excitedly then logged in to his Overwatch account.

From the back corner of the lounge Hayoung spotted the boys.

She nudged her gaming buddies Heechul and Hongbin.

"Hey are you guys up for some griefing?" She asked with a mischievous grin.

"Griefing? Yes ma'am!" Heechul replied enthusiastically.

"Sounds like fun! Who are we trolling today?" Hongbin asked.

Hayoung pointed discretely to the three boys who were now logging in to the computers on the other end of the lounge.

Heechul and Hongbin gave her the thumbs up.

Hayoung craned her neck to get a better view of the boys screens so she could see what game they were playing.

Overwatch. Perfect.

She quickly opened up the launcher then hesitated on the login screen.

Which account should she use? Her main account Habbang would be too obvious, she had already added Eunkwang as a friend on that account.

Hayoung thought for a second then logged in to one of her smurf accounts.

She typed in Eunkwang's username Silverlight and sent him an invite. Pranking Eunkwang was always fun. She grinned to herself.

Back at the other end of the room Eunkwang was busy scrolling his social panel.

"Hmm let's see let's see…who's online…"

A random invite popped up from an unfamiliar username.

Eunkwang frowned.

"Uhh guys…who the hell is Ohphrodite and how did they get my username?"

Hyunsik and Changsub looked over at his screen curiously.

"No idea hyung." Changsub shrugged.

Eunkwang hesitated for a second then accepted the invite.

To his surprise he found himself in a group with a couple of other unfamiliar users.

"Heenim? Kongbinnie? Who are these people?" Eunkwang asked looking totally confused.

The mysterious Ohphrodite started typing in the chat.

Ohphrodite: add your two friends

Changsub who had been taking a drink from a can of juice coughed in surprise and nearly sprayed the juice all over Eunkwang's screen.

"How do they know we're here?!" He burst out in shock looking around the lounge suspiciously.

"Somebody's gotta be trying to troll us or something." Hyunsik said also looking around.

"There's definitely something fishy going on here…" Eunkwang replied, arching his eyebrows.

Ohphrodite: hurry up

"I don’t know about this hyung…" Changsub said nervously.

Eunkwang shrugged then added Changsub and Hyunsik to the group.

Ohphrodite: 3v3 Elimination?

Eunkwang quickly typed a reply.

Silverlight: ok???

Hayoung took a few seconds to set up the custom game then started the match.

"I have a really bad feeling about this." Eunkwang said as his fingers hovered nervously over the keys.

Several minutes later the boys were getting completely steamrolled by Hayoung's team.

"Yah yah yah watch the Reaper!" Changsub yelled furiously tapping the keys.

"SEND HEALS SEND HEALS!" Eunkwang screeched.

"I'm not gonna make it I'm out of range!" Hyunsik yelled back.

"Aish!!" Eunkwang swore as his hero died.

He ripped off his headset and covered his face with his hands.

"What the hell man these people are totally trolling us!"

Changsub let out an extremely obscene curse as he too died.

"Wait you guys can't leave me I don't know what I'm doing!!" Hyunsik yelled as he tried to run away from the other team.

In no time at all he was cornered and Hayoung's team started spamming emotes before blasting him with their ults.

The three boys groaned as the word DEFEAT flashed up on their screens in large red letters.

In the back corner Hayoung was having a blast.

"Naisu!" She high fived Heechul and Hongbin.

"Omg they're soooo titled." Heechul grinned evilly.

"Let's try something crazy." Hongbin suggested. He whispered something to Hayoung and Heechul and three snickered. 

At the other end of the room the three boys wearily readied themselves for what would probably be the last round. They were losing so badly there was no hope for redemption at this point. The hero selection screen popped up.

"WHAT ARE THESE CANCER PICKS?" Eunkwang yelled gawking at his screen.

"That isn't even a real team comp…" Hyunsik said looking stressed.

"I'm reporting all of these ers after this." Changsub grumbled, sinking lower into his chair with a scowl. 

They barely lasted a few minutes until they wiped again.

Hayoung and her friends were reeling with stifled laughter as they watched the three boys sulking in despair.

Hayoung pulled out her phone to take a picture of the scoreboard on her screen and sent it to the group chat.

Eunkwang's phone vibrated. He picked it up and opened Kakaotalk.

Hayoung: Oppa GET REKT ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

His hand started to shake slightly as he read the message.

"Damn you Oh Hayoung!" He yelled across the room.

Hayoung finally popped up from her corner in the back and gave him the finger hearts sign.

Eunkwang shook his fist angrily then slumped down into his chair as Changsub started to laugh maniacally from the shock.

Hyunsik facepalmed.

"Aish….we never had a chance, that girl is a beast."

 

 

-------

 

A/N  Sorry for the gamer lingo I tried lol...I don't actually play Overwatch now but I'm friends with a bunch of gamers and they tried to make me play a couple times so I hope it's "accurate."