Rain

Reply 2010

Sakura walks back to her house because they have no class in the evening. She needs to walk fast as she is afraid of rain since the sky is covered with black clouds already. It seems it will rain soon. She needs to get home before rain as she didn't bring umbrella.

She opens the door and enters the house but she is stopped when she hears screams from the kitchen.

" Who the is he? "

" The one who is more caring to me than you."

" Are you cheating on me?!!! "

Sakura hears the broken sounds. She covers and listens to them as they continue fighting. It seems the fight will never end. And she doesn't want to stay at home. She runs out of the house and starts running away from there. Tears are falling down on her face and she doesn't bother to wipe them away.

She walks on the roads with no direction and the raindrops start falling. She walks and walks and walks and finallly she is in front of an apartment without knowing herself. She knocks on the door and waits for a few seconds when the door is opened.

" Saku-chan? "

Chaeyeon is surpried to see the Japanese girl at the door who is shivering and soaked with water from head to toe.

" What happened? Come in. Come in."

Sakura doesn't reply and she follows Chaeyeon. The house is not big but it is wide enough for Chaeyeon who lives alone since her first year. Sakura is standing in the middle of the house as she doesn't want to soak Chaeyeon's house with the water from her body.

Chaeyeon runs out form the bathroom with a towel in her hand and she puts it on Sakura's shoulders. Then, she leads Sakura to her room. Sakura is watching Chaeyeon silently while the later is busy with choosing some clothes for her.

" Here. Change this."

She said and she pushes Sakura into the bathroom. Sakura sobs and she walks into the bathroom and removes her wet clothes. Then she wears Chaeyeon's clothes and she walks out of the bathroom again.

" Come. Come sit here."

Chaeyeon makes her sit on the bed and she starts drying her hair with the towel. Sakura lets her do everything she wants and Chaeyeon also doesn't ask her what happened.

" Jjaeyeon-ah. I don't want to stay at home anymore."

Sakura murmurs and Chaeyeon lets her to continue her story without giving comments.

" My parents are always fighting and they are always talking about divorce. I know this will happen for real one day. I secretly wish for it too. I mean I don't want to hear them fighting anymore."

Sakura is now crying again and Chaeyeon sighs. She moves a step closer to the sitting girl and pulls her head to her embrace. Sakura is just crying and she is padding her head in comfort. 

" Chaeyeon-ah, save me, will ya? "

" I will. I will. Stop crying. Okay? "

Sakura can finally control herself and Chaeyeon makes her to lie in the bed. She puts the blanket on Sakura and she smiles at the girl.

" I will go make coffee for you. Stay in blanket and wait for me."

" Omm."

Chaeyeon walks into the kitchen and she makes a cup of hot coffee for Sakura. While she is waiting for the hot water, she is thinking about something from the past.

 

Flashback

It was when Chaeyeon was 10 years old. She had to stay in Japan for a month with her family for their business. She was lonely and unhappy because she has left all her friends in  Korea and there is no one she knows in Japan. Until she met a girl on one rainy evening.

She was looking outside by the window and she noticed a small girl playing outside. The rain had just stopped and the roads were muddy and sloppy but she seemed she didn't care.

Chaeyeon was curious about the girl and she came down from her room and peeked her from the back of their door. The girl was with curly hair, round glasses and her teeth were missing in some places. LOL, she is funny. While Chaeyeon was watching, the girl slipped and she fell on her .

" Are you ok? "

Chaeyeon ran to her immediately and she helped her to stand up again. The girl shyly smiled at her and she said Arigato. Chaeyeon also smiled at her and she asked.

" I have no friend here. I transferred not long ago."

" I don't understand you."

" Oh."

One was using Korean and the other was using Japanese so they didn't understand what they said to each other. But the girl smiled and she took of the hair clip on her head and she put it in Chaeyeon's hand.

" Sakura."

She said while pointing to herself and Chaeyeon knew it was her name. She took the clip and about to tell her name when the door is opened and Sakura's mother came out to take her back into the house.

On next day, they met again but she didn't have the chance to tell her name. Sakura's family was so weird. They didn't let her to play with Chaeyeon. They just waved at each other from thier windows as they were neighburs. And Chaeyeon had to go back to Korea after that.

 

End of Flashback

 

 

Chaeyeon smiles at the memories. When she first met Sakura at the university, she was not sure that it was the girl she met in Japan. But after times passed, she is sure that it is her and she is happy to meet her again. But she didn't know how to approach her and she just watched over her old friend from a far until she bumped into her one day.

She takes the coffee cup and she walks back to the bedroom. She smiles softly when she sees Sakua falling asleep on the bed. She sits on the bed without making any obvious movement and she Sakura's hair gently.

" Don't worry, Saku-chan. I will keep you in happiness from now on."

She whispers.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                         xxx                                            xxx

 

 

 

Jeongyeon is having a date with her boyfriend in the park nearby their school. She skipped school today and she decided to spend some time with him because she thought her mind had been confused for days.

It has been three days since they came back from the camp and she wants to make up with Nayeon badly. But the later keeps ignore her and the conditions are now upside down from the start.

Jimin is asking about something but she is not really into him. She keeps spacing out and he keeps reminding her of what they are doing.

" I think it will rain today."

He said while he is looking up the sky. Jeongyeon also looks up and she notices that the black clouds are covering the sky. Oh, Im Nayeon never takes umbrella to school. Ah, why I am thinking about her? Just forget and enjoy your date, Yoo Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon is scolding herself and she smiles at him. He points to the noodle shop in front of them.

" Let's go sit there."

" Nae, oppa."

They enter the shop and he orders two noodles for them. He keeps talking about his plans after graduation but Jeongyeon is not really into the conversation. It starts raining not long after and Jeongyeon becomes more worried for Nayeon who will be at school.

" Aww, the weather forecasting said it will be thunderstorm today."

He said while listening to TV and Jeongyeon shifts her attention back to him.

" Really? "

" Yeah, don't you hear? "

Jeongyeon looks outside and she sees thunder flashes in the sky. . Nayeon is afraid of thunder clash sounds. She will be really scared right now. She checks the time and it is near for their class to end.

" So what do you want to do after graduation? "

He asks but Jeongyeon is looking outside by the widow and she is not listening to him. Jimin pokes her and she turns to him.

" Are you alright? You are thinking about something."

" I- Oppa, I'm sorry. I think I need to go somewhere."

" What? But it's raining."

" That's why I need to go."

She said and she runs out of the shop. She takes out her umbrella and opens it as she runs to the university. Im Nayeon, wait for me. I'm coming. She is praying hard that Nayeon will be at school and she runs as fast as she can. She breathes heavily and looks around when she reaches in front of their class but there is no sign of the short girl.

Where are you, Im Nayeon? Are you walking back to home in the rain? She thinks and she is about to follow when the thunder clash happens and someone screams in a low tone. She turns around and spots the person she has been looking for at the corner of the building sitting and hugging her knees in fear.

Nayeon is thinking of going back home in the rain but she didn't bring her umbrella as usual. She first thought of calling her friends to pick her up but she didn't want to bother them. So, she decided to wait till the rain stops. But unfortunately, the rain has thunder storms and she is now scared alone in front of the class.

At that time, a shadow falls upon her and she looks up to see someone with an umbrella staring in front of her. opens a little in surprise when she sees that person is no other than Yoo Jeongyeon.

" Stand up."

Jeongyeon said and Nayeon doesn't want to follow her. But the taller girl pulls her up and she makes her facing her.

" Why you always don't bring the umbrella with you? "

She scolds Nayeon while the shorter girl is just looking away, biting her inner checks. Jeongyeon pulls Nayeon out from the shade and she sighs.

" Let's go home."

She takes Nayeon's bag from her hand and she puts it on her shoulder and starts walking. Nayeon wants to believe that it was like always but they are not. Jeongyeon is in love with another and she is just her friend.

" You are getting wet. Come closer."

 Jeongyeon said and she pulls Nayeon closer to her. They are really close to each other and both are feeling awkward again. 

" Hold on me or you will slip and fall."

Jeongyeon takes Nayeon's hand and she links it to her arm. Nayeon faces to the other side to hide her face but smiles weakly. Jeongyeon is taking care of her again like the old times. Jeongyeon is also smiling and she puts the umbrella over Nayeon more, making sure that the shorter girl will not get wet. 

They keep walking like this till they reach Nayeon's home. It was like the old times they used to be. And they both are wondering that what they are now.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                      xxx                                            xxx

 

 

 

 

Mina is at her ballet club and she has been practisng her black swan dance for the End year festival. She doesn't aware of the time and weather as she has been so lost in her dance. When she is done with her practice, it has been after school time and there is not much people left in the school.

" OMG, it's raining."

Mina frowns after she has closes the room. She told her friends to go home first without waiting for her. Now, she needs to wait till the rain stops.

" Unnie."

She is surprised when she sees Chaeyoung walking to her. She might be sitting here and waiting for her? 

" I didn't see you."

" Cause I'm small."

Chaeyoung said and Mina laughs. They are now standing side to side and watching the raindrops falling to the ground. Mina extends her arm and plays with the rain drops.

" I miss the old times in Japan. I always used to run in the rain and play with my brother."

" You have a brother? "

" Yes, he is living in Tokyo with his family."

Chaeyoung makes in an O shape and they continue waiting for the rain to stop. Mina knows she becomes comfortable with the girl day by day. At first, she thought that Chaeyoung was a bad girl but after she had known her for real, Chaeyoung is really a nice person. She listens to her very well and that's what she likes about her most.

" Unnie, unnie."

" Hmm? "

Chaeyoung turns to her with a dimple smile and Mina knows that she wants something from her.

" Let's play in the rain. Like you and your brother did."

" No! We willl get sick."

" Come on. It will be fun."

Chaeyoung said while she is holding Mina's arm with her hands and shaking the older girl. Mina doesn't find any word to reject the girl and she is dragged by the younger girl in the rain.

" Ahahahaha. It's fun!!! "

Chaeyoung is really enjoying the rain and she is running in the rain while extending her arms. Mina is standing at there while watching the kid. Yes, she really looks like a kid with this attitude.

" What are you doing unnie? Let's go."

" Alright."

They walk in the rain and Chaeyoung keeps jumping up and down. Mina doesn't know herself but she finds herself in smiling as she watches the kid in her every move. 

" C'm on, unnie. Let's play."

" No, I'm not a kid."

Chaeyoung laughs naughtily and she kicks the water on the ground to Mina making the older girl to scream in sherk. Mina bites her lip and she glares at Chaeyoung who is now raising her eyebrows and challenging her.

" Fine. Run if you can."

" Haha. Catch me if you can."

They start running on the Main Road of the school and Mina feels like she is a kid again. They don't care about the thunderstorm. They don't care about the falling rain bullets. They are enjoying their moments and it seems like there are only the two of them in ther world. Mina even forgets what if people might see them.

" Chaengie."

" Nae? OMG! I love that! Call me Chaengie. Hehehe."

Chaeyoung said as she runs back to Mina. Mina shakes her head and she continues talking.

" You should stay like this everytime. You look like a kid."

" Really? Hehe. But it is only for you."

Chaeyoung cheerfully said and Mina pretends to frowns. They have been staying in rain for long enough and Chaeyoung finally notices that Mina is shivering in cold.

" Are you cold? "

Mina nods and Chaeyoung is now rubbing her hands against each other. Then, she smiles and suddenly takes Mina's hands in hers.

" It will give you some warmth."

Mina's face turns red immediately but Chaeyoung fails to notice luckily. The younger girl keeps warming her up for a minute and she decides to take Mina home.

" Let's go. I'll send you home. Or you will get sick."

Chaeyoung said and Mina nods in agreement. They start walking in the rain on the Main Road of the school. They are walking really close so their hands are touching. Chaeyoung looks down to their hands and bites her lip as she wants to hold Mina's hand but she is afraid of Mina will be mad.

Mina sees what Chaeyoung is looking from the corner of her eyes and she smiles. This kid really needs a reward. She thinks and she slowly sneaks her hand to hold on Chaeng's. Chaeyoung looks at her in surprise but she said nothing and turns her face to the front again. But she can't stop smiling widely on their way to the car parking.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                             xxx                                              xxx

 

 

 

 

 

It has been raining the whole day and Eunbi has been in her room since she came back from school. She is sitting on her bed and reading a book to kill the time but she can't concentrate on what she is reading because someone is taking place in her mind.

What is she doing right now? It has been three days and I miss her already. Eunbi thinks and she sighs as she closes the book and puts it on the table beside her bed.

She stands up from the bed and walks to the window to watch the nature picture of raining. She bets Hyewon will love this weather a lot. She may be lying on her bed and reading a book about photography right now. Or may be she is thinking about me, too? No way. She knows we can't be together. She will not do this.

While she is thinking, she thinks she sees a figure in front of their fence under the thunder flash. Wait. Eunbi closes with her palm when she notices who it is. What is she doing in front of my house at this hour in the rain? Eunbi doesn't think twice and she runs down to the downstairs with an umbrella.

She checks the living room and luckily, there is no one at there. She opens the door quietly and walks out of the house to the fence where the person is standing with an umbrella and staring at her house.

But when she notices that someone is coming out from the house, she turns around and tries to run away but Eunbi stops her.

" Hyewon-ah."

Hyewon stops her steps but she doesn't turn around to Eunbi. Eunbi is sure it is Hyewon and she walks to the front of the girl, covering her way.

" What are you doing in the rain? "

Eunbi asks but Hyewon doesn't answer her. She is just looking at Eunbi and the older girl is staring her back too. They both are talking with their eyes and they know what the other wants at that time.

" I was trying not to come near to you but I can't." 

Hyewon starts talking.

" I tried to stay away from you because I know it will hurt both of us. But I can't help. I just want to see your face. Only a few minutes is enough for me."

" Hyewon-ah."

Eunbi tries to calm down the girl whose voice is now cracking because she is about to cry. Eunbi is also trying her best not to cry.

" Now, I can see your face. It's enough. I'm going."

" Yah, pabo-ah. What are you saying? "

Eunbi stops her and Hyewon looks at her. They are both with red eyes and stare at each other, finding answers in each other's gaze.

" I don't want to hurt you, unnie."

" Who said you are hurting me? "

Eunbi said and Hyewon stares changes color. She suddenly drops her umbrella and walks to Eunbi, cupping her face and pulling her face to her. She then crashing their lips together and Eunbi responds immediately. She also drops her umbrella as she puts her arms around Hyewon, busy with playing the taller girl's hair.

They both know they can't do this but they can't stop themselves now. Both are crying but they don't want to break their kiss. Hyewon slowly removes herself from Eunbi but rests her forehead on the older girl. Eunbi looks up her back.

They are breathing heavily and thier lips are shivering in cold but they don't care about it now. Hyewon smiles at the older girl and she whispers.

" Unnie, let's go crazy."

" I'm crazy in love with you already, Hyewon-ah."

Hyewon closes her eyes again and Eunbi did the same too. She hungrily captures the older girl's lips again and Eunbi responses the kiss with the same passion.They both are soaking wet and their kiss has been slippery but they don't care. They just put all their loves in the kiss and make out in the rain. It seems like it is long enough for the eternity. 

Their hearts are now beating as one and all they rememberer is how they let out soft moans or how they whisper I love you for several time. They don't want to wake up even if it is a dream.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                    xxx                                        xxx

 

 

 

 

* Thunder clash *

Tzuyu looks outside by the window and she knows the rain will not stop for tonight. She takes a sip from her coffee and she resumes what she is doing.

She is in her room which is decorated with the photos of her friends. As an only daughter of the family, Tzuyu really loves her friends. She asks Hyewon for help to print the photos of them and sticks them on the wall of her room.

But there is certain wall where only one person is taking place. That person is not only taking on the whole wall but also in her heart. She smiles while looking at the smiling Sana on the wall.

This is the first time she has fallen for someone and this feeling is new to her. She can't understand herself at first but later, she knows what love is by looking at her friends. And she is sure that she is in love too.

But she has been a coward and sent things in secret because she doesn't know how to get close to Sana. Sana is a friendly person and she is nice to everyone. That's what makes her more difficult to get out from the friend zone.

But it's fine with me. It is enough for me to sit and watch her happy. Tzuyu thinks as she finishes the paper star she has been making. She puts the star in the box where there are many of them already waiting. She has been doing it the whole day and it is finished now.

She walks to the table and takes out a note pad and pen. She sits on the chair and thinks for a few seconds before she starts writing.

" May all your wishes come true, Sana-chan. Lucky stars will be with you even if you can't see them in the sky."

She smiles at her note. She has made every single gift she sent to Sana by her own hands and she puts her love for her in each of them. She hopes Sana can feel her love through them. She puts the note in the box and closes the lid slowly.

I'll be your lucky star, Sana unnie.