Lovesick

Reply 2010

Surprisingly, the next day is sunny and the sky is as clear as a mirror. The friends are now in the canteen before they go to their classes.

Nayeon is sitting at the right side of the table while Chaeyeon and Sakura are beside her. Across to her are Eunbi, Momo and Sana. They all are chatting about random things and eating their breakfast together.

" Sana-chan, where is your secret admirer? "

Momo jokes while Sana is smiling at the box on her lap. She received it this morning which is put on the roof of Momo's car. Everyone is looking curiously at Sana who is now giggling shyly.

" I don't know who it is."

Sana said and she puts the box on the table. She opens the box and everyone's jaws drop when they see many paper stars inside.

" 1000 stars? "

" Yeah, she is so romantic."

" Sana thinks this is a 'she'."

Momo explains for her friend. Sana picks up a star and she puts it in her palm, closing her eyes and makes a wish. Her friends are laughing at her weird behavior and ask her what she wished for.

" I hope I can meet her soon."

Sana said with a smile. They are about to ask her further more but their conversation is disturbed by Jeongyeon who enters the canteen alone and sits at the chair in front of Nayeon.

" Good morning Jeongyeon unnie."

" Morning, guys."

" Where's your boyfriend? "

Momo asks and Jeongyeon shakes her head while she keeps eating.

" I don't know."

They look at each other as it is weird to see Jeongyeon alone in these days. She is always stuck with him. But before they can finish their wondering, Jimin enters the canteen and he looks around to find Jeongyeon. And when he finds her, he walks to her and pads her shoulder.

" Why you didn't answer my calls? "

" I was busy."

Jeongyeon answers without looking up him and the boy wipes his face with his palm. And he controls himself and tells Jeongyeon to stand up.

" Let's go."

" I'm not done with breakfast."

" Get up. We need to talk. People are watching."

Jeongyeon sighs and she stands up from her seat. She then faces Jimin and crosses.

" Alright. Let's talk. Guys, I'll be back. I'll leave my bag here."

She said and she starts walking out from the canteen. The boy follows her and they disappear from their sight. Nayeon pretends like she doesn't care what had happened but she feels like everyone is looking at her.

" What? "

" Did something happen between you two? "

" Yeah. Jeongyeon is acting weird today."

Nayeon hides her face immediately and she shakes her head.

" No, nothing happened."

" Ok."

Nayeon knows they don't believe her. She is also wondering what happened to Jeongyeon, too. What if it is really because of me? Ahh, no way. She said we are just friends. She said it in fornt of everyone. What are you expecting, Im Nayeon? Nayeon is scolding herself but she secretly peeks to the outside and waiting for Jeongyeon to come back.

" Aww, there she is. She has come back."

" Her face is red. Is she angry? "

" Yeah, I think they are having a fight."

The girls are saying as they watch Jeongyeon storms back to them. She sits on her chair and continues eating her breakfast like nothing happens. They look at each other and Eunbi decides to ask her.

" Are you ok, Jeongyeon-ah? "

" Yeah, I broke up with him."

Nayeon stops her hands cutting the egg in her plate and she is focus on Jeongyeon now.

" Broke up? Why? "

" He's annoying."

Jeongyeon answers shortly and she continues eating her breakfast like there is no tomorrow. Nayeon is trying her best not to show any emotion and she keeps eating but she feels someone is staring at her and she raises her head.

She is shocked when she finds that Jeongyeon staring at her and she gulps. Jeongyeon takes the juice in one shot and she takes her bag as she stands up without breaking their eye contact.

" I'll go first."

She said and she walks out from the canteen making everyone to frown.

" Aigoo, she is so y. And I bet the annoying one in their relationship is not him, but her."

" Yeah, I think so, too."

The girls are whispering and Nayeon also stands up from her seat.

" I'll go to the class too."

" Let's go together, Nayeon-ah."

" Okay."

Eunbi said bye to her friends and she and Nayeon leave the canteen too. Sana, Momo, Chaeyeon and Sakura who has no class at the first period are left and they continue sitting there.

" Sana unnie."

While they are having a conversation, a pale, super white girl enter the canteen and she skips her way to Sana. Sana smiles shyly as soon as she sees Dahyun.

" Dahyuniee, anneyoung."

" Nae."

Dahyun smiles and she sits beside Sana and puts the books on the table.

" Are you ok? You look tired."

" Yeah. We have tutorial today. And I think I am weak in Maths."

" Really? Omo, what will you do for this? "

" I don't know. I think I will fail in the exam."

Dahyun said with a pout and Sana feels sorry for the girl. She thinks for a few seconds and claps in excitement.

" What about me teaching you after school? "

" What?! Unnie, are you serious? "

" Yeah, I'm willing to."

Sana said and Dahyun is really happy as she is now smiling with her eyesmile. Sana finds it so cute and she pinches the younger girl's cheeks softly. Dahyun's pale skin turns red immediately due to the touch and it makes Sana to smile widely too. Momo is watching them silently and she shakes her head as she knows Sanake is in action again.

Dahyun stands up from the seat and she nervously rubs her nose.

" Then, I'm going to class."

" Okay. See you after school."

" Nae."

Dahyun walks away but she immediately runs back to them to take the books she left on the table, She neverously smile at them again and she runs out of the canteen. But she stops at the door and turns back to them and shouts.

" Sana unnie."

Sana looks at her with a smile and raises an eyebrow.

" You are like a shooting star for me."

Dahyun said and she runs out of the canteen in embarrassment. Sana'a face changes immediatly when she hears what Dahyun has said.

" She said Star? "

Momo asks and Sana puts her fingers on the box beside her. She is not sure about it but her heart is already fluttering. She smilies shyly and looks at Momo.

" I hope it is true."

 

 

 

 

xxx                                      xxx                                      xxx

 

 

 

 

The students chosen for the Play are busy in the hall with their practise. And there are students who are here to watch thier practise too. Sakura is sitting at the corner under a pile of boxes and she is watching Chaeyeon practicing her parts.

She knows she has been too clingy to Chaeyeon and it is weird for them but she is glad that Chaeyeon doesn't mind at all. And she even takes care of her more. She remembers how she has been sleeping on Chaeyeon's bed yesterday and she is embarrassed for her stupid move. What if Chaeyeon will think like she is strange while she is thinking Sakura as a very good friend?

" Saku-chan, are you boring? "

Her thoughts are cut when Chaeyeon runs to her and sits beside her. Sakura shakes her head and she smiles at the taller girl. Eunbi who is following them to take a rest sits beside them too.

" Guys, have you seen Hyewon today? "

" Hyewon? No, I think I didn't see her."

" You should ask Chaeng and Tzuyu."

" Okay."

Eunbi said and she takes out her lipstick to apply some. Sakura is looking at her and she praises the older girl.

" Unnie, you are so beautiful."

" No, it's the lipstick which is beautiful. Wanna try? "

" Sure."

Sakura takes the lipstick from Eunbi and she looks at Chaeyeon. Then she smiles and pokes her lap.

" Jjaeyeon-ah, let me apply for you."

" Umm? Me? "

" Stay still."

Sakura said and she starts carefully apply the lipstick on Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon is laughing but she has to stay still for Sakura. Sakura looks at her and smiles in satisfaction.

" You are beautiful."

" Not handsome anymore? "

" No, I mean you are both handsome and beautiful."

Chaeyeon is laughing as she takes the lipstick from Sakura.

" Come. I'll do it for you."

She gently grabs Sakura's chin and starts applying the lipstick making Eunbi to roll her eyes. 

" I'm going. Return me when you finish."

She said and she walks away from them. They are giggling at the frowning Eunbi and closes the lipstick back. Chaeyeon looks carefully at Sakura and she smiles at her Japanese friend.

" You are more beautiful, Saku-chan."

Sakura hides her face immediately from Chaeyeon and the taller girl keeps laughing. She stands up and told Sakura that she will go give Eunbi her lipstick back and she walks away. Sakura has to hold on her chest to calm down her racing heart. And she fails to notices that someone from the production team accidently bumps into the boxes from behind.

But Chaeyeon who sees the shaking boxes, runs immediately to Sakura and she pushes the girl away.

" Saku-chan!!! "

" Ahh, Jjjaeyeon."

The accident happens in a fast pace. Now, Chaeyeon is fallen on the floor under the boxes and Sakura is sitting on the floor at a safe place. When she sees what has happened, she stands up from there and runs to Chaeyeon, shouting her name for numerous time.

People notice them and they also run to them to help removing the boxes from Chaeyeon.

" We should take her to the hospital."

" I'm fine. Only my hand is hurt."

" No, Chaeyeon. You must go."

The teachers become busy for sending Chaeyeon to school. Sakura is crying all the time as she follows Chaeyeon who is taken to the hospital. She has been waiting outside the whole time and finally the door is opened and the doctor comes out.

" How's she, Dr? "

" Her arm is broken. We applied cast for her but she has to stay with it for two months."

" Oh. Thank you, doctor."

Sakura runs into the hospital room and Chaeyeon is waiting for her with a bright smile. Sakura feels like she is  crying but Chaeyeon tries to cheer her up.

" Yah, what's with this face? Smile. I'm fine."

" But, but what about the end year festival? It's in two weeks and you have to use the cast for two months."

Chaeyeon loses her words too. But she changes her mood immediately and shakes her head.

" It doesn't matter. The only thing that matters most for me is you being safe."

Chaeyeon said and Sakura hides her red face in embarrassment. Chaeyeon smiles and she holds on Sakura's hand. Sakura smiles and she doesn't pull away her hand from Chaeyeon. There are butterflies in both of their souls and they are now starting to write a new love poem together.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                      xxx                                           xxx

 

 

 

 

Eunbi walks back to the school buildings from the hall as their practise is cancelled because of Chaeyeon's accident. She decides to go to the first year classes and looks for Chaeng and Tzuyu to ask about their friend. She has been worried for Hyewon the whole morning. What happened to her? Is she sick? 

She waits outside the class and it is not so long after the class has ended. The students are surprised to see her at the front of their class but Eunbi just smiles at everyone and she waits for the certain persons to come out.

" Awww, Eunbi unnie. What are you doing here? "

Tzuyu is surprised to see Eunbi who looks nervous at the outside of their class. Eunbi smiles at her and they walk together to the canteen where their friends will be waiting for them.

" Have you seen Hyewon today? "

" Hyewon? She ddin't come to school. She said she is feeling headache today."

" Oh, really? "

Eunbi becomes worried for the younger girl. Tzuyu looks at her and she offers a help.

" i can drive you to her house if you want."

Eunbi looks at her in surprise. Tzuyu is smiling in understanding way and Eunbi nods with a shy smile too. When they reach canteen, their friends are already there. They are surprised to see Eunbi and Tzuyu together.

" Tzuyu-ah."

" What's up, Chaeng? Where have you been the whole morning? "

" I was looking for Mina unnie. But Momo unnie said she was sick and she didn't come to school."

Chaeyoung sighs as she knows it is her fault.

" It is my mistake. I shouldn't make her stay in the rain too long."

" You did what? "

Suspicious Sana and Momo ask in unison and Chaeng has to tell them what happened yesterday. The girls are now squeezing and they are cheering for their friend who has finallly opened her heart.

" It is really a cool move, Chaeng. She is into you. Just go and grab her."

" Really? "

" Yes, stop being stupid and get your unnie, kiddo."

" Arasso."

Chaeyoung said and she stands up from her seat but Tzuyu pulls her back.

" Where are you going? "

" To Mina? "

" No way. Mina unnie will scold you if she knows that you skipped classes and you don't take tutorial today. You can go to her after school."

Tzuyu said firmly and Chaeyoung pouts. But she knows her friend is right and she shuts up and sits back on her seat.

" What are you doing with Tzuyu, Eunbi unnie? "

" I- umm-"

" I wanted some help from Eunbi unnie to choose a gift for someone. So, I'm asking for her."

Tzuyu saves the day and Eunbi can let out a sigh now. Tzuyu and Chaeng go to their class for the tutorial after the lunch and Momo and Sana to thier class too. Eunbi is left in the canteen and waits for Tzuyu to come back wondering how sick Hyewon is.

Finally, Tzuyu comes back and they drive to Hyewon's house. Eunbi becomes excited all of a sudden. Is it too weird to go see her? Aigoo, we are friends neverltheless. We can visit each other's house. Tzuyu looks at worried Eunbi and she sighs.

" Unnie, are you sure you are choosing this road? "

Eunbi looks at the girl in confusion. But she finally understands what Tzuyu means and she nods.

" We both know what will happen at the end."

" Well, you are right. You don't have to worry about the future. Live in the present and enjoy your moments. It will become beautiful memories after a period of time."

" Thanks, Tzuyu-ah."

Tzuyu just smiles and she stops the car in front of a white House. Eunbi removes her seatbelt but Tzuyu doesn't so she looks at the younger girl in confusion.

" I won't come. Have fun you two. You can call me if you need a ride for your way back home."

" No, I will take the taxi."

" Ok, bye unnie."

" Nae, thank you, Tzuyu-ah."

Eunbi waves at Tzuyu as the younger girl drives away and she turns to the house. She walks to there and knocks on the door. A woman comes open the door and Eunbi bows her.

" Hello, I'm Kwon Eunbi, Hyewon's friend."

" Oh, come in. Come in. Hyewon is in her room."

" Nae."

" You can go this way."

The woman said and she takes Eunbi in front of a room. The door is painted in coral and she smiles as she smiles at Hyewon's surprise color choosing. The woman opens the door and she shouts.

" Hyewon-ah, your friend is here."

" Aigoo, Son Chaeng, I'm sleeping. Why you have to-"

Hyewon is stopped when she stands up from the piles of blanket and shouts back at the door.The mother shakes her head and she walks away from them, leaving them alone. Eunbi smiles at the surprised Hyewon and she closes the door.

" Hey "

" H- Hi, unnie."

Hyewon is still blushing from the last night incidence. She dosen't dare to look at Eunbi and she throws herself back into the blanket and hides inside. Moya? Is she blushing? Eunbi thinks and she walks to there, removing blanket from Hyewon.

" Yah~~ I'm here to check you. What are you doing? "

" I- I-"

Hyewon is stuttering and Eunbi smiles. She sits on the bed and looks around the neat room which is decorated with photos in every corner and wall. Her eyes fall on one photo on the wall which is at the right side of the room. It is her photo which won First prize at the photo contest.

" I sleep while turing to that side so I put it there so that I can see you before I sleep."

Hyewon explains and Eunbi smiles. She remembers what Tzuyu said before. Yes, she must live at the present. Past can't be changed and Future can't be predictable. She must enjoy the Present.

" I was worried for you."

She said and Hyewon smiles.

" It's just headache. Don't worry."

" Yah, Kang Hyewon, are you really not looking at me? "

Eunbi said with a pout and Hyewon slowly looks at her. Their eyes meet and Hyewon knows her heartbeat becomes fater. What happened to her? What had Kwon Eunbi done to her? Eunbi smirks and she leans in to Hyewon. The younger girl becomes nrevous and she closes her eyes.

" Ahhh, unnie, stop stop stop!!! Ahahahahahahahahaha."

But Eunbi starts tickling her and Hyewon is wrapped in the blanket so she can only move on the bed like a caterpillar and laughing hard till her eyes are filled with tears. She tries to take her hands out from the blanket and holds on Eunbi's to stop the older girl. 

" This is enough."

She said while holding Eunbi's hands and it is the time for Eunbi to shy. Hyewon smiles at the blushing Eunbi and she sits up on the bed and pulls the older girl to her.

" I miss you, unnie."

" I miss you, too."

Eunbi whispers and she hugs Hyewon back. Hyewon rests her head on Eunbi's shoulder and she whispers.

" What shall we do? "

" Oh, right. I have something to do with you."

Hyewon pushes away Eunbi and she waits for the older girl to continue. Eunbi searches in her bag and she takes out the script of her Play making Hyewon to frown.

" Let's practice."

" Seriously? Garrrrrr."

Eunbi is laughing at Hyewon who is now jumping up and down on the bed and complaining. Yes, Tzuyu is right. Living in Present is the only thing we should do to enjoy life. There will be no regret after all.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                     xxx                                          xxx

 

 

 

 

Mina has been in her bed the whole day because she is sick. She is always fragile and easily falls sick and she knew she would get cold but she didn't want to make Chaeng disappoint. She checks the time and it is already 10PM. Oh, I need to take the medicine.

Mina thinks and she walks down to the downstairs. Her parents are in the living room and they walk to her when they see that she is up.

" Are you feeling better, honey? "

" Yeah, only muscle fatigue has left."

" Okay. Take the medicine and go sleep now."

Her mother brings her a glass of water and her father is padding her head like a little kid. Mina said Goodnight to her parents and she comes back to her room. She lies down on the bed and thinks about the naughty girl without knowing herself. She wants to laugh herself too but Son Chaeyoung becomes her type.

Talking about her, what is she doing now? Mina thinks and she suddenly feels missing the kid. She removes the blanket and walks to the window as she still doesn't want to sleep yet. She opens the window and looks outside. Today, the sky is not cloudy and the moon is shining beautifully with her star friends. 

Mina puts her chin on her hand and wonders why Chaeng didn't come and visit her. She thought the kid will come to her if she finds out that Mina is sick but she never comes. Hump! I should not give her reward yesterday. Now, she is starting to ignore me. Mina sighs and becomes unhappy.

But at that time, she hears a car engine and she widens her eyes to see Chaeyoung's car in front of her house. Chaeyoung waves at her as soon as she sees Mina at the window and she is about to go to knock on the front door but Mina stops her. 

" Wae? "

" You can't. It's already late and my parents are strict people. They will not let you in."

" Really? Wait. Let me think a way."

Chaeyoung thinks and she sees that the window at the downstairs is opened too.

" I'll climb up."

" No, don't."

But Chaeyoung has already made her way to there and she starts climbing up. Mina is praying hard that her parents will not see or hear her. Chaeyoung grabs the bar of Mina's room window and Mina helps her to pull her up.

" Oop."

Chaeng falls on the floor but she can still laugh. Mina shakes her head and she crosses her arms.

" Ok, now tell me what you are doing at this time? Hmm? "

" Unnie, please don't be mad. I was about to visit you in afternoon but Tzuyu forced me to take tutorial or she would tell you. So, I was at school. And my father forced me to go to a party with him so -. I decided not to disturb you but I miss you so much so I drove here."

Chaeyoung explains and Mina sighs.

" Ok."

" Are you feeling better? Let me see."

Chaeyoung tries to measure temperature with her palm and she smiles as there is no fever.

" What a relief! There is none."

* knock knock knock *

At that time they hear a knock on the door and both of them widens their eyes.

" Get in the blanket. Now."

Mina said as she also jumps into the bed. She pulls up the blanket on both of them and pulls Chaeyoung to her so that the later will disappear in her embrace.

" Yes? "

" Can I come in? "

" Hai."

Her mother enters the room and she looks around. Chaeyoung is covering and trying not to make any sound while her face is hidden in Mina's embrace. Mina just hugs her and pulls her closer so that her mother will not notice that there is someone in the bed. She is now really thankful to her thick large blanket.

" We thought we heard some voices."

" Yes, Momo called me."

" Ahh, alright. You should take a rest, Honey."

She said and she is about to leave the room but her eyebrows arch when she finds that the window has opened. Damn. Mina thinks but her mother brings back a smile immediately to her relief.

" You should not leave the window open. It will make worse to your cold."

" I'm sorry."

" Ok, Goodnight."

Her mother leaves the room after closing the window and Mina can sigh in relief now. She removes the blanket and Chaeng's head pops out from there with a huge smile on her face.

" Yah, can you smile at this situation? "

" I don't care. All I know is you hugged me. Really tight."

Mina bites her lip in embarrassment and Chaeyoung moves closer to her again. 

" What are you going? It is time for you to go back home."

" No, I'm sleeping here tonight."

" What! You can't! "

" Please, please, please. I have been a good girl and I want this reward. Plus, it is not the first time we sleep together."

They are whispering to each other as they are afraid of Mina's parents hear them again. Mina knows how stubborn Chaeyoung can be so she sighs and walks to her closet to choose a pair of pajama for Chaeyoung.

" Then, wear this. And you can sleep here."

" Oh, thank you!!! "

Chaeyoung takes the clothes and she looks around but there is no bathroom in MIna's room. Mina closes her eyes as she knows what Chaeyoung is thinking.

" You can change. I'll close my eyes and there will be no peeking."

" Alright."

Mina smiles at cute Chaeyoung and she waits for the younger while closing her eyes. After about a minute, a weight falls on her body and she opens her eyes to see Chaeyoung sitting on her legs.

" What are you doing? "

" Hehehe, I am just happy."

" C'm on. Lie down and let's sleep."

" NO! It's not fun."

" Fun? Do you want fun in sleeping? "

Mina knows that she has said something weird. Her face turns red and so does Chaeyoung's. But the younger girl dares herself to sit more upper and she is now on Mina's thighs. Ah, Chaeng. What are you doing?

" Mina unnie. What do you think of me? "

Chaeyeoung whispers as she leans to Mina. Mina feels uneasy with the situation and she tries to move away from Chaeyoung's grip but the younger girl will not let her to do.

" Chaeng, I- "

" No excuse. I need an answer for me."

Chaeyoung slowly leans down and her face is now right in front of Mina. Their eyes meet and all Mina sees is a tiger about to eat his pray. 

" Unnie, do you love me? "

Oh, she is really asking me. She is really doing this. Mina is frozen and she doesn't remember how to talk at that moment. Chaeyoung frowns as Mina doesn't answer and she asks.

" Do you love me like I do? Answer me or you will meet the naughty tiger."

Chaeyoung said and she leans closer to Mina. Mina closes her eyes and she waits for the younger girl's move but nothing happens. She peeks and she finds Chaeyoung daring herself to do or not to do. Aigoo. 

" I thought you were a naughty kid."

Mina finally speaks as she flips their bodies. The small girl is now trapped in between her arms and Son Chaeyoung is staring at her with blinking innocent eyes. Mina tightly closes her lips and tries not to laugh out loud.

" Now, who is the naughty one? "

She asks with a smirk making Chaeyoung to turn other side with blushing face. Mina knows she wants this too and why we have to take times too long to show our love to the one we love? She gently pulls Chaeyoung's chin with her long fingers and smiles at her before she closes their distance by slowly leaning down to capture the strawberry like plump lips.

She leads the way and the younger girl follows but suddenly Chaeyoung pushes her shoulder and stops her.

" Wait, unnie."

" Hmm? What's wrong? "

" I still didn't get my answer."

" Does it still need? "

Mina asks and Chaeyoung nods like a kid. Mina laughs at the cute kid in her arms and she leans to her to whisper.

" I love you, Miss naughty Tiger."

" Unnie, you are teasing me."

" No, you are just cute."

Mina said and she lies down beside Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung automatically runs into her embrace and hugs her by the waist. Mina never knows that Chaeyoung will be that much clingy but she loves the way she shows her soft side.

" Unnie, I think you are having a lovesick."

" What? "

" Yes, you are having a lovesick. Now, your doctor is here to cure you and you are ok from head to toe surprisingly." 

Mina laughs at the silly statement of Chaeng and she closes her eyes.

" Stop talking and let's sleep now."

" Nae."

Chaeyoung said obediently and she closes her eyes too. Not long after that, Chaeyoung falls asleep and Mina is still watching her sleeping. The kid is really innocent and childish. She doesn't know how much she means to Mina now. She claimed Mina as her heart thief but Son Chaeyoung is the real heart thief of Mina.

" I love you, Chaengie."

Mina whispers and she plants a kiss on Chaeyoung's crown. The younger girl smiles as if she hears Mina in her sleep. Mina smiels and she closes her eyes too to join her lover in dreamland.