Intro

Reply 2010

Tzuyu's POV

 

Today is an usual day of Seoul, the roads are as busy as ever, as crowded as ever, as beautiful as ever. They are decorated with various kinds of lights and I can see many new buildings and places from every corner of the city. The Seoul I know may fade away in my head, but the memories I had here are still the same. I may not remember much but I still can feel this.

I turn the car inside the school compound and drive it directly to the parking lot. Everything is almost the same as my first day here as far as I remember. I walk along the Main Road while I reimagine how I teased that queens of our school with my friends. Yeah, that annoying brat, Son Chaeyoung. All her plans turned out successful everytime surprisingly.

I can see the canteen where we had a lot of fun time together. I still clearly remembered how Kang Hyewon messed up with Kwon Eunbi. Haha. It's really hilarious. And that was the start of our friendship too. Aish, I hate of growing up. Now, I miss my youth.

Look, over there. The stadium. That's where I first noticed her. Yeah, she was dancing cutely with her friends there. Of course, my friends, too. There were basketball stars and cheerleaders in our gang. We spent a lot of our free times in there, joking around and playing. 

I walk along the lonely road under the streetlights and feels lonely all of a sudden. We have walked on this road for countless time. This Main Road, she knows all our happiness, our tears, our falls, and our success. She knows everything. She keeps all our memories and makes my heart warm even if I am only walking on her.

I can see the main theatre in front of me which is at the end of the main road. I still remember the last day of the school. We performed a play and many things happened at that time. This is really unforgettable. It makes me fluttered whenever I think about it. Oh, it has rebuilt at the back. This lighting system is better.

I can see the entrance of the ceremony from here. My heart skips faster and faster. I can even see the huge banner on its top saying, " Student Reunion Party, 2020 ". So, it's been 10 years since I last stayed in South Korea. 10 years, huh? What is happening to everyone? Are they here or they won't come? 

" Invitation card please."

The girl at the entrance asks me and I smile as I remember how Mina Myoui used to be here. She was the beauty of the school and she was famous at the ceremonies for her well-behaved manners. And there would be noisy annoying teachers who loved them and they loved them too. Are they married now? I wonder.

I enter the party and the hall is crowded with people. I try to find someone I know but they have changed a lot so I don't know them anymore. Plus I still can't find my close friends. Finally, I decide to take a table and sit with a drink. I look around and still trying to spot someone I know.

" Hello, are you Chou Tzuyu? "

" Nae."

I smile at the two girls who come to me and greet me. They seem they are quite happy to see me as they are jumping in excitement.

" We are your fans. I mean, we are from Chinese Major speciality and we read your books to improve our skills. You are quite amazing writer. We recently discovered that you once studied here."

" Yeah, it was quite a long time ago. But I was happy to study here."

" Can we know what is your next project? "

I smile. I have no intention to give some spoilers to my new book but they seem quite excited to see me. I should do some fan services.

" I am writing a book, but this time, in various languages, including Chinese, Korean, Japanese and English. This will be me and my friends' stories here."

" A book based on university love stories? This sounds amazing because you are an amazing writer."

I just laugh in embarrassment. Well, I am quite famous but I still am not used to the compliment right in front of my face.

" Ok. Ok. Please give us the last spoiler. What is the title of the book? "

Aish, these kids. Whatever, I can make some trends from them, right? I think and say the name of my new book before I flash my smile. This is the most suitable title to the book which I have written with all my love. It is not my story. It is all about us. Our story.

Its name is...

" Reply 2010."

 

 

 

End of Tzuyu's POV

 

 

 

 

 

xxx                                xxx                                  xxx

 

 

 

 

Everyone knows that the first day of the school is always crowed and filled with excitement as it is the start of a new life chapter. We all have passed the best of our childhood in high school. And university is the entrance to the adult world. We learn, we make friends, we do crazy things, and we find love, we can try every chapter of our adult life here. The mother university accepts all kids and makes them Adults.

The Main Road of the school is flooded with students, old and new, searching for their classrooms. Some are trying to skip classes while others are planning for after school activaties. And you can see three girls sitting on the bench by the Main Road and gossiping about everyone they see.

" Yah, look, Im Nayeon is coming."

One of the girls said and they all look at the final year senior girl who is heading her way to the stadium. This is normal routine for Nayeon. She will come to this stadium and look for her bestfriend here who is in her basketball practice. Nayeon is a short girl with cute features. She has a wide forehead with bunny like teeth which makes everyone falls in love with her if they really don't know her true personality.

" Yoo Jeongyeon! "

Nayeon shouts and waves at her bestfriend who is in her training. The basketball team leader waves her back as she takes a seat and watches Jeongyeon playing. It has been five years they have known each other and this is normal routine of Nayeon to come and cheer for her friend in every section of her training and games.

Everyone is wondering that they are dating or not but they are just pure friends. Nayeon is watching Jeongyeon running in the field. She is a tall, handsome, yes, she thinks Jeongyeon is handsome, kind and a hottie with short hair. Nayeon thinks she looks like a professional player when she is playing. She has too much concentration on what she is doing and she finds that it is her charm.

" Yayyyyy!!!! "

Nayeon cheers for Jeongyeon as she scores. Jeongyeon shakes her head and she is laughing as she feels a little embarrassed due to her loud and silly friend. Nayeon cares no one and she keeps cheering for her friend till the game is over. Nayeon is waiting for her friend while Jeongyeon is taking all her things and makes her way to the bunny girl.

" Yoo Jeongyeon, you are the best."

" Haha, silly."

" Here."

Nayeon gives her bag and Jeongyeon carries it. Now she is carrying three bags, her backpack on her bag, Nayeon;s bag on her shoulder and her training bag on other hand. Nayeon smiles widely and she links her arm with Jeongyeon and they walk out of the stadium together.

" I bet they are already dating."

The three curious girls is still there watching people. Both Jeongyeon and Nayeon know that they are being watched. Jeongyeon is still a little embarrassed but Nayeon is proudly showing the world that she is Yoo Jeongyeon's princess. And this is how I ended up in the friendzone with her. Jeongyeon thinks and laughs silently in her mind as they go together to their class.

" Captain, when will the tomorrow training be? I have my dance club activity on tomorrow evening."

Jeongyeon turns to the voice and she smiles when she sees her fellow member of the basketball team. Lee Chaeyeon is waiting for her answer with a smile.

" You can go if you want. We will play friendly match only tomorrow."

" Oh, thank you, Captain."

Chaeyeon said and she waves at her before she turns around and bumps into someone.

" OMG! I'm sorry."

The other girl is holding the books and her drawing tools in her hand, which are all now scattered all over the Main Road. The three curious girls see the incidence of their one-of-the-famous-stars of the school and they are now giving their full attention to them. 

" I'm sorry."

Chaeyeon helps to get all the things on the ground and gives the things in her hand back to the girl. is opened a little as she sees the girl. She is wearing her round Harry Potter Glasses and with dumb stupid look. She is one of the exchange student programme of their school. She is the Sakura girl from third year.

" It's fine. I didn't see that you are coming. I'm so sorry."

Sakura says sorry although it is not her fault. Chaeyeon shakes her head and she smiles.

" It's totally my mistake. I was talking to my friend so-"

" Nae, it's ok."

Sakura smiles shyly and Chaeyeon bows her and she starts walking away from the girl. Sakura keeps watching the back of the school famous star. It has been three years she has been watching Chaeyeon. But how the later will notice her? She knows she is ugly and there is no way that she can get closer to Chaeyeon. This is just a daydream.

" Yah, Sakura."

But her thoughts are cut off by a call. She turns around and sees that three girls are coming to her way.

" Yah, Miyawaki Sakura. We saw you. Are you planning to get closer to our Chaeyeon? "

" Umm, no. This is just an accident."

" Then why you are smiling? Yah, look at your ugly face in the mirror before you think something funny with our Chaeyeon. Arasso? "

They shout at her and Sakura lowers her head as she tries to hide her face. At that time, some shadows reach beside her and someone said.

" Who do you think you are to judge people? "

" Huh? "

The three girls are freaked out when they see the school's queens beside them. Sana, Mina, Momo and Eunbi who are queens from their respective majors, are also the members of the cheerleader team. They just finished their practice and come back from the stadium when they see the incident with Sakura.

Sana, Momo and Mina are also from the student exchange programme and they become friends with Eunbi here when they all joined the cheerleader team. They all are beautiful, attractive and known for their own talents. Momo is the best dancer while Mina is the ballerina of the school. Sana is the Party queen while Eunbi is the natural actress of the school activities.

" It is too embarrassing to step on someone's weakness. You should also check yourself in the mirror before you say something like this to Sakura."

Sana who is in the same class with Sakura defends the Japanese girl and the three girl walk away from them after they give their last glare at the poor ugly girl.

" You ok? "

" Yes, thank you."

" No need. Next time, remember to fight back, will ya? "

Momo said and Sakura smiles at her before she raises her glasses which slowly falls down on her nose. And she bows at them.

" Thanks for everything. Bye bye."

" Bye."

Before they can finish their farewell, Sakura runs away from them like a flash.

* click click *

Eunbi notices a camera sound and they all turn to the direction of the sound. And they shove their shulders in unison when they see Kang Hyewon testing her camera on the Main Road.

" Geez, I thought some stalkers are taking our photos."

" Yeah, that camera nerd is scaring me."

They all look at Kang Hyewon who is also from third year. But she always skips school except her photography classes. She will spend her times in school compound while taking random photos of people as they live their days. She is somehow crazy and she feels like a nerd to them.

* noisy car engine *

At that time, a sudden noise catches everyone attention. There is an expensive car running on the Main Road at high speed. They all are surprised when they see a black drop-top Ferrari of 2010 latest edition model in their school. Who is that much rich? 

The car is stopped in the parking lot and everyone's attention is on the car. There are two girls in the car. One from the passenger seat opens the door and gets out of the car. She is tall, beautiful and calm girl who has a warm smile on her face. She is looking up the main building of the school and amazed at the greatest of the school as she gently closes the door back.

" They must be new comers. She even looks like a foreigner."

Sana whispers to her friends and they nod in agreement. While they are curious of them, another girl jumps out of the car, makng everyone's jaw drop.

" Look at her. What a spoilt brat! "

She is wearing a white Tee and short while wearing a black hoodie on her head. Her hair is shoulder length, a shining Bling Bling is on and a sunglasses is covering her eyes but they notice she has a mole on her chin. She is too small compared to her tall friend. No, not only the height but also the appearance are different to her friend.

" Ah, what kind of girl is she? "

" Is she the one who we keep hearing rumors about? The one who will transfer to school. The daughter of the highest share holder of the school, Son Chaeyoung."

" Ah, maja. She can be."

While they are talking, Chaeyoung removes her sunglasses and puts it in the pocket and she smiles at her bestfriend, Chou Tzuyu.

" Yah, this will be fun."

" Why? We just reach here."

" Over there."

Chaeyeoung shows the direction of the four girls who are watching at them. Tzuyu doesn't understand what she means so she looks at her friend again. Chaeyoung takes out a cigarette and she puts it on her lips. Her eyes never leave the one in the middle who is also staring back at her. She smirks and makes a flame with a lighter.

" She really is a bad girl."

Momo whispers. Mina is still staring at that girl who is also staring at her back. And she blows some smokes and suddenly winks at Mina, making the ballerina chills.

" Ah, she makes me having goosebumps."

" Let's go. Let's go. We should not be around them. They seem to be bad."

The four girls quickly leave the place as they all hop on Momo's car. Chaeyoung is still smiling with a smirk and she turns her head to Tzuyu.

" Yah, I've already found my fun."

" This is our Day 1 here. Please don't mess things up yet."

Tzuyu teases her friend as she starts pulling her to the main building as they need to send their forms and papers to the Dean's office. The news of the new students is spreading the whole school like a wildfire and everyone is now curious of the school's new stars.

" Aish, people are strange. Why they have to be curious about others' stuffs? "

Kang Hyewon thinks as she takes focus her camera to the new duo. And she clicks the button. Hmm, perfect. She can see the youth and excitement in the picture.

" This semester will also be boring. All I will hear will be how cool the new kids are. Haha."

She whispers and takes another photo of boys who are fanboying over the duo. She thinks people are interesting in their way of living. And she needs to capture the right moments. Her dream is to capture the beauty of the nature as its own. One day, she wants to be a wildlife photographer. For now, she has to capture all her memories as a university student here.

She checks the photo. Hmm, perfect. She smiles.