Start of the Friendship

Reply 2010

" Nayeon-ah, Jeongyeon is here!!! "

" Coming~"

" You can go to her room and wait, sweetie."

" Nae, thanks Eomeoni."

Jeongyeon bows and she walks up the stairs to Nayeon's room. She opens the door and she sees Nayeon coming out from the bathroom. She has changed already but she still has not done with her hair and her face.

" Oh, I'm not done yet."

" I will wait for you."

Jeongyeon said and she sits on Nayeon's bed comfortably. Nayeon is busy with her make-up and Jeongyeon checks the time. Oh, they will late for their first class if Nayeon continues doing like this. She shakes her head and walks to Nayeon, grabbing the comb.

" Stay your head still."

" Arasso."

The bunny girl smiles in satisfaction while the taller girl is helping her with her hair. Jeongyeon is combing the hair, gently and slowly so that she will not hurt Nayeon. Nayeon finishes her make-up by applying the lipstick and she suddenly turns around to Jeongyeon and pouts her lips.

" How am i looking today? "

She uses her ageyo and Jeongyeon bites her lip as she doesn't know how to react. She must stay calm and cool so that the bunny will not notice that Jeongyeon wants to change the color of their friendship. She pretends to frown and shakes her head.

" You are, umm, yeah, pretty."

" Eek, what kind of face is this? I hate you too."

Nayeon said while she is pouting for real and Jeongyeon laughs at her cuteness. She takes their bags and they come down to downstairs together. Nayeon said goodbye to her mom who is insisting them to stay for breakfast but it is already late so they refuse and walk to the bus-stop.

" Yah, Yoo Jeongyeon."

" Hmm? "

" Why you are stuck with me? I mean you hate me, right? I annoy you too much."

" Yes, you annoy me too much."

" Then why you are still friends with me? "

Nayeon asks after they get off from the bus and walk to school. Yoo Jeongyeon, please say something so that I can still wait for you. I am almost tired of waiting. She is thinking and takes a peek at the taller girl who is busy with rebalancing the bags in her hands.

" Yah~ I am asking."

Jeongyeon laughs and she ruffles Nayeon's hair.

" Is it important? "

" Of course, it is! "

Jeongyeon rolls her eyes.

" Well, you are the first one I know here and I have no friend apart from my basketball team and you as you keep shutting out people away who wanted to be friends with me. So, I am stuck with you as I don't want to be alone during boring lecture times."

" Aish, liar."

" No, I'm not lying! "

" I know you are lying. You like me, and this is because you are stuck on me, right? "

Jeongyeon frowns again and she walks a head of the shorter girl as she wants to hide her face from Nayeon. Aish, she is too annoying. How can she say it out? Is she really aware of me falling for her? No, there is no way! She will definitely be angry with me if she finds out that.

Nayeon is also frowning as Jeongyeon slips from her trap again. That Pabo. What is keeping her to deny that she loves me? Or does she really not love me? Ahh, you are driving me crazy. 

" Yah, Yoo Jeongyeon. Wait for me!! "

" You should walk fast with your short legs."

Jeongyeon shouts back without turning back and Nayeon runs after her. She links their arms together and Jeongyeon bumps her with her body in a teasing way. Nayeon gives her bunny smile as she looks up Jeongyeon.

Her friend never fails in handsomeness. The golden locks of her strands are falling on her shoulder and it makes her more attractive. Jeongyeon smirks.

" Am I good looking? "

" Yes, as always."

Nayeon proudly answers and they both walk into the university compound. They notice a group of people in front of the notice board and Nayeon suggests to go check it.

" Yoo Jeongyeon, I can't see."

" Ok. Ok. Please move aside. Thank you. Thank you. Please move aside."

Jeongyeon helps to make way for Nayeon to reach the notice board as they both are curious of the laughing people around them. They look at the notice board and when they see what is happening, their jaws drop, then they look at each other and laugh out loud.

" LOL. Who the did this? Give him a medal!! "

And they decide to cancel their class as they both are curious of what will happen next. They will wait here and watch the upcoming drama.

 

 

 

 

xxx                         xxx                             xxx

 

 

 

Sakura is in her Maths class. As she is a good student, she is concentrating on the subject and listening to the every single word of the teacher. She is acting her normal routine in the class before the teacher announces that they have to make a pair for the whole year.

Well, this is not my thing. No one wants to be with me. So, I will just wait and look for someone who is as lonely as me. Sakura is thinking and just focusing on the problem she is working out.

" Can you move a little? I want to sit here."

She is surprised to hear a voice and she looks up to see Lee Chaeyeon, smiling at her brightly. OMG, what is happening?

" Can I? "

" Oh, yes, please."

" Thanks, Saku-Chan."

Chaeyeon sits beside her and Sakura is feeling like she is dreaming. But the other girl is already preparing her books and getting ready for the study.

" Are you really pairing up with me? "

" Yeah, you are the best student here. Of course, you are the best choice for me as I am not good at Maths."

Chaeyeon whispers the last part and both Sakura and Chaeyeon giggle. Sakura looks around and she feels that almost everyone is looking at them so she feels uneasy for this.

" But I think there are many people who want to pair up with you."

Chaeyeon opens her book and she smiles at Sakura.

" I only want to be paired up with you. Don't care about others' opinions."

She said and she starts stealing from Sakura's book, tries to solve the problems. Sakura feels like she is so lucky as well as uneasy for having Chaeyeon beside her. Now, she is getting everyone's attention. That's something not used to her. She looks at Chaeyeon who keeps stealing glances to her book and sighs in secret. 

Ok, it is big chance for her to be friends with her crush. Worry later and let's enjoy the moment, Sakura. This year will be a great long year for her. Sakura thinks and she smiles at her own thought. Chaeyeon takes a secret glance at her and she smiles too. 

After the class, Sakura leaves the class first as she doesn't want people to see her and Chaeyeon coming out from the class together. This will be weird. She has had enough haters already. But she hears her name from the back and turns around to see Chaeyeon running to her. Oh, god. Everyone's attention is on them now.

" Saku-Chan, can i have your number? "

" Nae? "

" I mean we are partners now. So, we should have each other's number. We can just make a call if we need something. Right? "

" Ah, nae. Give me your phone."

Sakura puts her number in Chaeyeon's contact and the later bows her in thank you. Sakura bows her back and she is about to leave but Chaeyeon stops her again.

" Wait. Do you want to come to the stadium with me? "

" Nae? "

" You seem you have no friends, right? You can come with me and hang out with me if you want."

Chaeyeon offers and Sakura has no strength to say No to her. She puts her glasses back to its place as it is falling on her nose bridge. She then bows and follows Chaeyeon which makes the later to smile.

" Look, there are a lot of people over there. What's happening? Let's go and find out."

Sakura nods and they walk to the Notice board where people are watching something and laughing hard. What is happening?

" Yo, Captain, what are you doing here? "

Chaeyeon greets her Basketall team captain who is standing nearby with her bunny like friend. Jeongyeon shoves her shoulder.

" We are waiting for the actress to arrive here. Hehehe."

Chaeyeon doesn't understand what she means. Sakura walks to the notice board and she looks at the photo sticking on the board.

" Omo."

She covers in surprise. This is not good.

 

 

 

xxx                           xxx                            xxx

 

 

 

 

Momo, Sana, Eunbi and Mina are walking to the canteen from their class for their break time. They are chatting about random things and having their own world when they hear someone calls them.

" Hey."

" Oh, Tzuyu. Come."

Tzuyu smiles at them and she walks to her. The three girls greet her nicely but Mina frowns as she suddenly remembers Tzuyu's rude friend. Where is she? Thanks, Go. Tzuyu is alone.

" Where are you going? "

" I am looking for you. Well, Chaeyoung leaves the class before it is ended and I was worried that she might do something stupid so I looked for you and waited for her."

" Are you sure she will come find me? "

" Yes, she will."

Mina frowns again. They sit at a table and order drinks for them. Tzuyu is sitting between Momo and Eunbi, Sana is in front of her while Mina is on the side. 

" So, tell me. How you became friends with her? You are totally opposite."

Momo asks while she is stirring her drink with her pipe. All the eyes are on Tzuyu as they all are curious about it too.

" Chaeyoung is a nice girl. She may look like a rude, spoilt brat but she is pitiful if you really know her. She is from a broken family and she lived with her mother in Taiwan for her high school days. We became friends in Taiwan three years ago. When she heard that her father remarried, she became worse and did everything she liked. Finally, her mother gave up on her and she was sent here for University. She asked me to come here with her and I agreed as I thought it will be fun to study in a foreign country so I ended up here."

" Aww, you are so sweet, cutie. She is so lucky to have a friend like you."

Sana said while she is padding Tzuyu's hand and the younger girl is blushing again. All her high school days were stuck to that Pabo so she has no chance to find her own happiness. Now, she thinks she finds someone in the foreign land. Love is really strange.

At that time, Mina is busy with her drink. She takes a sip and pretending like she doesn't care but she is listening to Tzuyu. So, it is problem families issues? It will be hard for her but living in this way is not the solution. Oh, this is none of my business. She can do whatever she likes if she stays away from me. Yeah.

" It's not good. It's not good."

They all turn around when someone shouts. What happened?

" Let's go check."

They follow the place where people are heading to and they are surprised when they see Chaeyoung with a spray paint in her hand, standing on the hood of a car. She has destroyed the whole car with the paint already.

" What are you doing to my car? "

They all are surprised, well actually not surprised, when BamBam asks Chaeyoung from the crowd. So, is this his car?

" This is a warning. Stay away from Myoui Mina or you will face worse."

The crowd is filled with whispers. Mina is feeling like everyone is staring at her so she hides her face in her palms as she is embarrassed. Son Chaeyoung is too much. BamBam seems to think like this too. He points at her and shouts.

" I will go and tell the Principal."

" Do as you like. Just remember that Mina is mine. Stay away from her."

" Yah, Chaeng. Let's go."

She said and Tzuyu tries to calm down her friend. Mina walks away from there in embarrassment. Her friends run after her as they don't know what to react.

" Mina, Mina, wait for us."

" Yeah, slow down."

Mina stops her streps all of a sudden and they are almost bump into her. 

" Don't you think she is too much? "

She complains while crossing her arms.

" I mean we are nothing. I don't even know her. But why she is acting this way? She is too much."

" Yeah, but I am sure that no one dares to touch you now. Your kid is really scary."

" She is not my kid! "

" Yeah, yeah, whatever."

The four girls head to the stadium as they have their practice too. But when they are passing by the Notice board, they notice that almost everyone is looking at them. 

" Yah, do you notice that people are watching us? "

" It's natural. We all are beautiful."

" No, I mean in weird way. See, some of them are even laughing."

The four of them stop. What is happening? At that time, they see that Sakura girl is running to them and she said.

" You should go check the notice board."

" Why? "

" Just go."

She said, making them confused. Finally, they decide to go check and everyone give way for them. 

" What the-"

" Omo."

Eunbi's jaw drops when she sees her own photo sticker on the Board. Her eyes are squint, her tongue is sticking out, this is- this is- There are even words written beside the photo, "The School's most beautiful girl, Kwon Eunbi. You should save this photo so that there will be no ghost in your house."

" Eunbi unnie, what happened? "

Eunbi suddenly remembered that Kang Hyewon at Ball. Hyewon kept making funny faces and on that night. And Eunbi revenged on her by making a funny face too. It seems Hyewon took the photo secretly before she knew.

Eunbi clicks her tongue in anger and she removes the photo from the board. Nayeon who has been watching them walks to them while she is crossing her arms.

" This is too rude. How a person can do this kind of thing to our Eunbi! What will you do, Eunbi-ah? Do you know who did it? "

Eunbi is grabbing the photo tightly in her hand. 

" I know who did it. I'm going to the Principal's office. Bye, girls."

" Yah, yah, Eunbi unnie."

Eunbi doesn't listen to them anymore as she is now heading to the Principal's office. Kang Hyewon, you are so dead!

 

 

 

xxx                                xxx                               xxx

 

 

 

" Hyewon-ah, I really love your works but this is too far this time."

" Sorry, sir. I was my fault. I just wanted to ."

Hyewon said while she gives her bow to the Principal. The teacher sighs as he nods.

" I understand you. The University student days are life's most happiest days. But don't change fun into destruction. You all are this school's sisters. There is no need to fight with each other."

" Yes, sir. I understand."

Eunbi is still glaring at her and the teacher tries to calm her down.

" Eunbi-ah, Hyewon knows her mistake now. So, forgive her. I will punish her with detention so let's forget about this and make up. Okay? "

Eunbi nods although she doesn't want to forgive Hyewon yet. But what can she do? The Principal is telling her to let go of this Kang Hyewon.

Well, at least, she seems she has learnt her lesson. She will never dare to mess up with me. Eunbi thinks and she leaves the office to go back to her friends and tells them about everything.

After Hyewon has signed in the warning form, she leaves the office and heads to the detention room. Huh, she has to skip her club activities for a week as a detention. It's depressing but it's really worth it.

She opens the room and takes a seat. She takes out the camera and rechecks her photos that she has been taking these days to kill the time.

" I saw your masterpiece. It's really worth it."

Hyewon is nearly to jump in surprise when she hears a voice from the other side of the room. She looks at the direction and finds Son Chaeyoung sitting on the window and looking outside.

" I thought I am the only person here."

" Well, I did some graffiti on a car and they forced me to stay in this room for a few hours and think about my action which I pretty much proud of. What about you? "

" I did it because I thought that Kwon Eunbi is too proud and too full of herself."

" I agree. She needs a lesson. And you rock the show."

They laugh together. Hyewon is watching Chaeyoung as she takes out a cigarette and lighter from her pocket.

" Are you smoking here? "

Chaeyoung doesn't answer as she just shoves her shoulders and she lights up her cigarette. Hyewon is staring at the tattoos on her left arms and she wonders what kind of a girl she is. Chaeyoung blows some smoke from her lips and she smirks.

" Why? You want to smoke too? "

" No, no, I'm good. Thanks."

Chaeyoung laughs.

" Yah, I'm not that scary. I just wanted to kick his . I don't like to see someone around her."

Hyewon is just listening to Chaeyoung who walks to her and pulls a chair in front of her and sits.

" I like you and your pranks. Do you want to be friends with me? "

" Umm? "

Hyewon looks at Chaeyoung's hand. This girl is really weird but she seems to be nice. Hyewon thinks and she takes her hand.

" Ok, friends."

" Good. I know no one here and since you are my senior, I think you can give me some tips about this school and Mina."

" Mina? Ahh, Mina Myoui."

Hyewon finally understands now. This girl must have done something to Mina and she ends up here. Chaeyoung laughs and she resumes to sit by the window again as she is watching outside. They talk about the school stuffs, about Mina and her friends and many things. She is not that bad as she seems. Hyewon thinks while they are laughing together.

At that time, Chaeyouong finds that the four girls are walking out from the stadium and heading to the parking lot. Her lips curl up as she is watching Mina who is now chatting with her friends. It is good to see her smile. I will make sure that this smile will be for me one day.

" Let's go. Time's up."

Chaeyoung said as she crashes the rest of the cigarette she has been smoking. She then puts her hands in her pocket and leaves the room after she blows the remaining smokes from her lips.

Hyewon shakes her head and she follows after taking her things and bag.