The Match

Reply 2010

* whistle blowing *

" Kids, gather around! "

Yoon Bomi, the basketball coach shouts and the players of the team run to her, stand in a circle while hugging each other by their shoulders.

" Today is our first game. I know you all are excited. But we must show the best we can. You guys have been in many practices and training. You have your spirit. I don't want to say many things. Let's fight this battle and win."

She looks at Jeongyeon and signals her to give some speech as a Captain. Jeongyeon nods and she said.

" Guys, play like a Champion. No excuse. No explanation. Let's get the victory."

And she puts her hand in the middle. The members follows her and she starts shouting.

" Go. Go. GIrls. Let's win! "

They throw their hands in air, making the audience cheers for them loudly. Today is the start of the basketball season of the university championship. And this is their first game.

The stadium is filled with many students who are basketball lovers. And students from other school are here too. The cheerleader team is also performing their best as this is the first game. They don't want to disappoint the others.

At the front row of the pavilion, Nayeon is taking her seat and cheering for her bestfriend. She is holding a slogan which saying " Yoo Jeongyeon is our Queen ", and she is already preparing herself to cheer for her friend.

" Jeongyeon-ah, fightingg! "

She shouts at her friend, and Jeongyeon looks at her direction. And she smiles widely and waves at her friend who waves her back while jumping.

Jeongyeon inhales with heavy chest as it is her first game as the Captain. It has been five years that their team doesn't win the Cup. And this is her final year at school so she wants to win the Cup badly. 

" Are you ok, Captain? "

Chaeyeon asks Jeongyeon as she notices that their Captain is nervous. Jeongyeon nods with a weak smile and Chaeyeon smiles her back. And she pads her back and runs to her position.

She looks around and looks for someone in the crowd but there is no sign of the girl with round glasses. Where is she? I told her about the match yesterday. And she told me that she will come. Where is she now? Is she busy? Or does she forget?

At that time, they hear the whistle and the refree is telling them to take their places. And he throws the ball into the air which Jeongyeon jumps and steals, and the game begins.

" Please. Please make my way. Thank you. Thank you."

Not too long after the game starts, Sakura enters the stadium and she makes her way to the front line. She takes her place beside a girl who is cheering alone. Ah, she knows that girl. She is Yoo Jeongyeon's girlfriend from final year.

They play hard but the opponent team is also good. And they are now losing for 20 points in point difference. The students of both school are cheering for their team and the match is too worth to watch.

* whistle blowing *

But unlucky to them, the half time reaches and they are still losing. The teammates run to their coach and talk about the strategy while the cheerleader team is performing again.

Being the leader of the team, Momo is leading the dance in an amazing moves while Sana, Mina, Eunbi and other girls are following her. Sana notices that Son Chaeyoung is watching them so she signals her friends with her eyes.

" Mina-chan, your kid is here."

Eunbi looks at the direction and she sees Son Chaeyoung, Chou Tzuyu and huh? Kang Hyewon? What is she doing with these two? When did they become friends? Eunbi thinks while she is frowning. Well, this is really none of her business.

Mina is also looking at them and her eyebrows arch as she doesn't like to be watched by the brat. Her stare is too scary. 

But Momo notices that something is distracting the girls and she shakes her head while frowning, scolding her members in silence.

Chaeyoung, Tzuyu and Hyewon who are standing at the last row of the pavilion are watching the cheerleading team doing their performance. Hyewon is not actually watching. She is just taking random photos to keep them for school magazine.

Tzuyu is staring at the certain person with an open mouth. Sana is smiling as her body moves along with the beat. She doesn't know but she has a strange funny things in her mind but she can't name what it ts. She just wants to sit and watch Sana dances all day.

Chaeyoung is also staring at Mina but in a more bold way while she is inhaling the cigarette smokes into her lungs. She even smirks when she notices that Mina is looking at her direction. 

" I hate people when they want attention by geeting closer to famous persons."

A girl at the back of their seat is talking to her friends loudly. Sakura pretends as she doesn't hear but they are too loud.

" The shameless attention seeker doesn't know her position. She wants to stay beside our unnie."

" Yeah, I wonder how that ugly managed to get our Chaeyeonnie as her partner."

Sakura bites her lip and she stands up to say something but the girl beside her is faster than her.

" Yah! Girls. Why you have to be so loud? "

Nayeon butts in before Sakura can say anything while she is turning around and facing the group of girls behind them.

" It is more shameless to gossip about others in public with a loud voice. Plus I bet you will also try to get closer to Chaeyeon if you have any chance. There is no right to you to judge others. It is too shameful."

Nayeon said and the girl has lost her words. She opens and wants to fight her back but she doesn't know what to say. Finally, she glares at them and leaves the stadium with her friends.

" These kids are too much. Are you alright? "

" Nae, thank you unnie."

Sakura said with a bow and Nayeon smiles.

" It's nothing. I hate bullies. By the way, I'm Im Nayeon, Yoo Jeongyeon's, ummmmmm, bestfriend."

" Omo. I thought you are her girlfriend."

" Us? Girlfriends? No, no, no, we are not."

Nayeon laughs in nervous way. Aish, it sounds so right. All I need is a confession from that Pabo. She thinks and smiles shyly while Sakura is busy with apologizing her for her misunderstanding about their relation that Nayeon really doesn't mind. Nayeon decides to offer her to give the slogan as the girl has been lonely the first half of the game.

" Do you want to cheer together with me? "

" Nae? "

Sakura is surprised but she takes the other side of the slogan and she cheers together with Nayeon. At that time, the whistle is blown again and the match restarts.

" Yoo Jeongyeon fightinggggf!!! "

Nayeon shouts loudly and Sakura feels envy due to the bold action of Nayeon. She is showing her support and her love to Jeongyeon without caring about others' opinion. She wishes she has that kind of courage too.

At that time, Chaeyeon looks at the direction of Nayeon's loud voice and she finds Sakura too. She grins widely and waves at Sakura. Sakura smiles shyly and waves her back.

In this time, the team is more aggressive to play hard. And they can successfully reduce the point difference to 5. The clock is ticking and the match is about to end.

Jeongyeon skillfully steals the ball from the opponent and she is about to shoot the ball but two opponents are blocking her way. She bites her lip and making a solution to the situation.

She notices that Chaeyeon in the middle is free and she only has one second to think. She passes the ball to Chaeyeon who gladly takes it as she runs to the front to score. But one opponent is fast enough to block her way, leaving her no choice but to shoot.

This is a little too far but she needs to throw nevertheless. Time is clicking.

" Lee Jjaeyeon fightingggggggg!!! "

She hears a loud cheer for her and she jumps in the air to shoot the ball. Then everything happens in slowmotion. The ball flies to the ring, moves along its rim and finally falls into the basket, scoring for their team. And the whistle blow appears. The match is over.

" Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy."

The cheer is so loud that it even sounds like it even reaches to the heaven. Nayeon and Sakura are jumping up and down while shaking the slogan in their hands.

Jeongyeon is looking at Chaeyeon who is still standing at that spot and grinning. She runs to her and hugs her tight, later join by their team.

And the first game ends with victory.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                       xxx                                         xxx

 

 

 

 

" I thought we were going to lose at the last minutes."

" Yeah, we are so lucky."

Momo, Sana, Mina and Eunbi are in the changing room. They are busy with changing their outfits into normal ones while talking about the match.

Momo notices that Eunbi is frowning while pressing on her stomach so she asks.

" Was, unnie? Are you sick? "

" No, I am having loose motion. Can you please wait for me? I want to go to toilet for a minute."

" Go on, unnie. We will wait here."

Eunbi smiles and she runs out of the room to head to ths toilet. At that time, Chaeyoung and Hyewon are on Chaeyoung's car which is parked in front of the toilet while waiting for Tzuyu who runs back to the library as she has forgotten her bag.

Hyewon is busy with her camera when Chaeyoung pads her knee and calls her.

" Yah, there is Kwon Eunbi running into the toilet. You should go and get your revenge."

" Umm, should I? "

" Yes, she made you get your detention. You should take revenge."

Chaeyoung said and Hyewon thinks for a few seconds as she is not sure of what to do. Well, now or never. I want to too. She decides and follows Eunbi to the toilet.

There is no one in there and she notices that one of the doors is moving from the one chamber. Ah, there you are. She laughs and enters the one beside it.

But she has to immediately pinch her nose with her fingers as soon as she enters the chamber. What the- Hyewon knocks on the side wall of the chamber to the other side.

" Yah, Ajjuma. What did you eat? It's too foul smelling."

Eunbi wants to vapourize and disappear at that spot. Aish, I thought there was no one. Who just entered the toilet? She sighs, covering so that she will make no sound and she decides to wait for the other girl to leave before she goes out as she is too embarrassed to face that person.

Hyewon in the other chamber knows that Eunbi will not come out till she leaves so she opens the chamber door with a loud noise and pretends to leave the toilet. And she waits for the older girl by the door.

Eunbi waits for a few more minutes and finally she comes out from the chamber. She is washing her hand and fixing her hair when she hears a voice from her back.

" Even beautiful people poop with a bad smell."

" Huh? "

Her eyes become wide when she sees Kang Hyewon leaning on the door while crossing her arms. So, it was her? Eunbi angrily turns around and faces her.

" Why you? You followed me, right? "

" No, this is toilet. I'm here to do my stuffs. And you poop with a very foul smell so I just want to peek who it is. Yah, I'm totally innocent here."

" I'll go tell the Principal."

" Go ahead. People will know that a beautiful girl like you even poops with fishy smell. Aish, that smells really bad. I can't believe you. My nose is still- aish."

" Kang Hyewon!! "

Eunbi walks to her and she stops beside her. Hyewon is laughing hard in her mind but outside, she is just looking at Eunbi with a teasing smile playfully.

" Don't worry. I won't tell anyone about you. I will keep it as our little secret. You don't need to be worried. You don't need to go tell the Principal."

Hyewon said and Eunbi is glaring at her. 

" But seriously, what did you eat? It smells too bad. How can I forget that smell? "

Hyewon said while shaking her head. Eunbi angrily steps on her foot and storms out of the toilet.

" You are dead if you tell anyone. I hate you! "

" Ahhhh."

Hyewon has to shout in pain while she is jumping a little with the support of one leg. She watches the angry short girl's back and laughs.

" Ah, that's so fun. I can't believe she really stepped on me. That's hurt."

She leans on the wall and shakes her head.

" But it's really worth it. Hehehe."

She whispers and hops back to the place where her new friends may be waiting for her.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                      xxx                                            xxx

 

 

 

 

Momo, Sana and Mina are sitting in the fitting room and waiting for Eunbi. But the later is taking too long making them impatient.

" What takes Eunbi unnie too long? We are already late."

" Yeah. May be she is feeling sick?

Momo whispers while she is checking the time. Mina replies as she is worried for the oldest girl but Sana seems she is not with them. She keeps peeking in her bag and spacing out.

Momo notices the strange behavior of Sana who is always noisy and clingy so she asks her.

" Sana-chan, is everything ok? You are spacing out."

Sana looks at them and she is thinking for a few seconds if she should tell them or not. But she sighs and she opens her bag to take out something.

" Oh, it's beautiful."

Mina comments when she sees a beautiful red rose in Sana's hand. Sana nods and she whispers.

" Today, when I reached to my locker. I found this."

" Do you know who sent this? "

" No, it has no name. But only with this note."

Sana shows them a small note tied at the stalk, which saying, " Are you a camera? Because everytime I look at you, I smile. "

" What?! It's so cheesy."

Momo said and Sana nods with her shy red face. Momo claps in joy when she notices that her friend is blushing.

" LOL, finally, someone can make our Sanake to be blushing. Hahahhaa. Are you heart-racing? "

" Yah~ You are supposed to help me. But now, all you did is laughing at me. You are too bad."

" Arasso. Arasso. I'm not teasing you anymore."

Momo is trying her best not to laugh and Mina slaps her thigh as it is so funny to see that expression of Momo. While the three Japanese girls are talking about Sana's romantic secret admirer, Eunbi comes back into the room angrily.

" Unnie, what happened? Are you ok? "

" Yeah, I'm fine. Omo, whose flower is this? "

" Sana gets it from her secret admirer."

Eunbi raises her eyebrows as she listens to her members' explanation about the flower and the note.

" That's something new."

" Yeah, our Sanake is in her fantasy world now."

" Let's go, girls. We are already late."

Momo said and the four girls come out from the room to the parking lot where Momo has left her car. There are not too many students left on the way as the game finished long ago. 

" Yah, Sana-ah, please wipe away that stupid smile on your face. It's so creepy to see it."

" Wae unnie? I'm cute in every way, I know."

Sana fights back. But at that time, they hear someone is calling them from behind.

" Myoui Mina, stop! "

They all stop and turn around to see the school's most hateful girl with her car. She is smoking at the car door while it is already opened, making Mina rolls her eyes.

Son Chaeyoung smiles at Mina in the most annoying way she can be.

" You thief!! "

She shouts, making everyone's jaw drop. Mina also widens her eyes in surprise.

" Yah, Mina-ah, did you take anything from her? "

" No! I mean I even didn't know her. How can I steal something from her? "

" Yes, that's right. What is she planning to do? "

While they are talking, Chaeyoung walks to them and she stops in front of Mina.

" You have stolen my heart since the time I met you, you thief. But you don't need to return it to me. Just take a good care of it."

She smirks and turns around to get into her car without waiting for Mina's reaction. She then winks at Mina who is in her shock and drives away to look for her friends.

" OMG! Mina!!!! Your kid is too romantic!!! "

Momo shouts while slapping on her arm making Mina frowns more.

" She is not romantic. She is not my kid. Okay? "

" Whatever. But she is totally over you since Day 1."

" Yes, that's what scared me the most. She is not totally my type."

Mina said and the smoking image of Chaeyoung appears in her head again. This is too much annoying. That girl is annoying.

" But your kid is cool, you know.  Ahhh, I can die from the sweetness of Sana's secret admirer and Mina's kid. Poor Momoring~~ "

Momo is teasing her friends as they reach inside their car. She checks her friends from the back mirror and smirks when she sees Sana is smiling while Mina is frowning. But both are with pink cheeks.

Haha. This will be totally fun. She thinks.