The Night

Reply 2010

" How do we divide the tents? We have 3 tents and let's stay 4 persons per one tent. And I'll choose Jihyo as my sleep-mate."

Momo explains and they all look at each other, not sure of what to do. Tzuyu immediately pulls her bestfriend by the shoulder and she hugs Chaeyoung.

" Me and Chaeng, of course."

" Fine. Then, me and Mina with you two."

Sana gets the message from Tzuyu's stare and she pulls her friend with her too. Mina and Chaeyoung are shy with thier heads facing to the ground while Sana and Tzuyu are exchanging winks.

" Who's next? "

" Me with Chaeyeon."

Jeongyeon quietly said and Chaeyeon frowns as she wants to be with Sakura. Nayeon also pulls Sakura and she links her arm with the Japanese girl.

" Sakura will be fine with me."

" Yah, guys. It is too obvious that Chaeyeon and Sakura wants to be together. Aigoo. Fine. Fine. You 4 take one tent. Eunbi and Hyewon will be with us."

Jihyo settles them at the end and they all agree. Tent 1 has Sana, Mina, Tzuyu and Chaeyoung. Tent 2 has Momo, Jihyo, Eunbi and Hyewon. Tent 3 has Chaeyeon, Jeongyeon, Nayeon and Sakura. 

They enter their tents after saying Goodnight to each other. The tents are surprisingly large and there are two beds made in the there. Oh, they really have to sleep with the person they chose as their partner. 

 

 

 

 

 

-Tent 1-

" Wow, it's big!!! It's really big!!! "

Sana is almost screaming in excitement as soon as they enter their tent. Mina follows her friend quietly and she puts her bag on the bed at the right side of the tent. Chaeyoung and Tzuyu follow them and they also smile while looking around.

" This is the first time I go on a camping."

" Me, too."

" Really? Don't worry. This unnie will give you the best night ever."

Sana said with a wink and Tzuyu and Chaeyoung become uneasy due to the double meaning words. But Sana just sticks her tongue out and she skips her way to her friend to put the bag.

" Let's go."

Tzuyu pulls Chaeyoung and they also put the bags beside their bed. They can hear Sana and Mina are talking about something but they can't hear clearly.

" Let's sleep."

" Arasso, this is no fun."

Chaeyoung complains and Tzuyu is laughing at her friend. She lies down on the bed and pulls her friend with her too. Chaeyoung is sleeping at the inner side and she is turning to Mina and Sana'a bed as she is watching them.

" What's up, smol? "

Sana asks and Chaeyoung pouts. The older girl is laughing silently and she takes a peek at her friend who is on her phone and playing a mobile game.

" Wanna switch? "

" Yep."

Chaeyoung nods and Sana is laughing hard. Tzuyu widens her eyes as she doesn't like the idea of switching places. Well, she doesn't mean she doesn't want to sleep with Sana but she knows it will be super awkward to lie down in the same bed with her crush.

" Ok, show me your ageyo and I will let you."

" No, Chaeng. Don't."

Tzuyu tries to stop her friend but Chaeyoung has determined herself to spend the night with Mina.

" Unnieeeeeee, Sana unnieeeee, please let me. Hmmmm? Will yaaaa? "

Chaeyoung is trying her best to be cute and Sana is giggling in satisfaction. She takes another glance at Mina who is on her phone and doesn't hear them because her earphones is on. She rolls out from the bed and walks to them, pulling up Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung grins as she is too happy with the plan and she walks to Mina quietly. She is thinking for a few seconds and she decides not to call Mina and ask for permission. She just lies down beside the girl and Mina notices the movement beside her. She takes off her earphone and looks at Chaeyoung in surprise.

" Where is Sana? "

" She wanted to sleep with Tzuyu so I have no choice."

Chaeng tries her best to act innocent but Mina doesn't believe her. The younger girl tries to change the subject as she peeks in Mina's phone.

" What are you playing? "

" Hmm, Fruit ninja. This is the new game this year."

" Wow, it seems fun. How to play it? "

" See, you can choose the blade as you like. There are several blades which have different skills. And you slide the fruits when they pop up. Try to hit combo to get higher score."

" It's awesome. Can you play once for me? "

" Wanna see? "

Chaeyoung nods and Mina starts the game. She is sliding the fruits skillfully and the younger girl is cheering for her with wide opened mouth. She claps after the time up. Mina gives her phone to Chaeyoung.

" You can play if you want."

" No, I can't play. I'm not good at games."

" C'm on. Do it."

Mina commands and Chaeyoung takes the phone to play. The older girl is watching her and she is nervous over a game suddenly.

" Slide. Slide. Ahhh."

" Omo. Omo. Unnie, help!!! Ahhhhhhhh, time up! "

Chaeyoung said in disappointment as she looks at her score. Mina is laughing at the pouting girl and she suggests.

" Do you need my help? Let's play together this time."

" Alright."

Chaeyoung immediately smiles and she holds up the phone so that Mina can play too. Mina can't see the screen ans so she moves her body to half-up position while she is leaning her head on her hand.

Chaeyoung takes this chance and she moves closer to the older girl and it seems she is lying down in Mina's embrace. Mina also notices their weird position but she pretends like she doesn't care as it will be awkward to tell Chaeyoung to move away.

While they are playing happily, Tzuyu and Sana are silently watching them and they are giggling.

" Hey, Tzuyu-ah, I bet Mina has fallen for Chaeng already. She is just pretending like she doesn't care."

" Yeah, she is obvious. Hehehe."

" Aigoo, they are so lucky."

Sana blurs out and Tzuyu looks at the perfect side profile of the Beauty. She wonders if Sana ever knows how beautiful she is. Tzuyu no longer hears what Sana is talking about as she is just staring at the way Sana'a lips are moving when she speaks.

" But luckily, I have you by my side."

" Umm? Ye- yeah."

Tzuyu becomes stuttering again and Sana remembers something.

" Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot you were sick. Are you ok, now? "

" I think so."

" You should sleep, Tzuyu-ah. Your face is still red."

" Really? "

Tzuyu cups her cheeks and she is looking at Sana which makes the Japanese girl to laugh. She turns to the other side to sleep.

" Yes, you are. Now, sleep, my baby."

Sana said and Tzuyu sighs. Time has passed and she checks her watch. It's already 3:30AM and she still can't sleep yet. She raises her head and takes a peek at her friend who is now hugging Mina and sleeps closely to the older girl. She smiles for her friend and lies down again.

At that time, Sana suddenly turns around and she puts her arm around Tzuyu. What?! Tzuyu's eyes become wider and she knows she can even hear her own heartbeat as Sana is now hugging her. She is smiling while she is sleeping as she even moves closer to her. 

Tzuyu's body is soaked with sweats and she knows that she will not have any sleep tonight while Sana is hugging her and sleeping on her like this.

 

 

 

 

-Tent 2-

" Which side do you want, Hyewon-ah? "

" I'm fine. You can choose, unnie."

Hyewon said awkwardly and Eunbi nods at her as she lies down on the side to the tent's wall. Momo and Jihyo are chatting loudly and they have to reply them whenever they talk to them.

" Yah, Kang Hyewon. Don't you sleep yet? "

" I'm going to."

Momo shouts and Hyewon answers while she is looking at Eunbi. Eunbi smiles at her and she pads the space beside her and Hyewon sighs as she slides in the place. 

" Yah, I won't bite you. You can move a little."

Eunbi jokes because there is a huge space between them. Hyewon is laughing nervously and she moves a little closer to the middle. She is lying on her back while Eunbi is lying on her side facing Hyewon. Ah, Kwon Eunbi, what are you doing to me? Hyewon is blaming the older girl in her mind.

She pretends that she has already asleep by closing her eyes as she doesn't want to talk to Eunbi right now. She knows she can't do it in this position. She doesn't know how much time has gone by but she hears that Eunbi's breathing has become slower and she opens her eyes again.

She turns to Eunbi's side and looks at the older girl and admiring her beauty secretly. She laughs silently when she remembers how they fought during their early days. But this was not her fault. Kwon Eunbi was really arrogant and annoying at that time. She never knew that she would fall for her.

Hyewon feels sad all of a sudden and she sits up on the bed. She has no feeling of sleepy and she decides to go sit outside. She takes her jacket and walks out of the tent silently as she doesn't want to wake up the others.

The night is a little cold and the breeze is really strong at that time. The sea is as calm as ever and she can hears the songs of the waves in the breeze. The sky is starry and cloudless, shining in the silvery moonlight. It is a perfect night.

Hyewon decides to sit at the fireplace they made before and she sits on the sand while hugging her knees, thinking about her life.

" Hyewon-ah."

She turns her head and she is surprised to see Eunbi making her way to her.

" Did I wake you up? "

" No, I am a light sleeper."

" Sorry."

Hyewon said while the older girl sits beside her. They both are sitting silently and enjoying the beauty of the night at the shore. Eunbi becomes shiver after a few minutes because of the cold and Hyewon notices it. She sighs and takes off her jacket to give her.

" Here."

" It's fine. You will be cold."

" Take it."

Hyewon puts it on Eunbi's shoulders and the older girl is smiling shyly. Hyewon decides to make the fire again as they want to sit more so she grabs the sticks and makes the fire with a lighter.

" Ahhh."

" What happened? "

" I was cut with the stick."

Hyewon said with a pout and Eunbi takes her hand to check. 

" Aww, it's bleeding."

Eunbi whispers and she blows some air to the wound which is on Hyewon's palm. It's not a deep or serious wound but she just wants to make sure that Hyewon will not be hurt. She carefully checks the wound with the light from the fire and she sighs.

Hyewon is looking at her and she smiles as she sees the way Eunbi pouts to blow air to her hand. Her heart is fluttering with the touch and tender care of the older girl. Eunbi doesn't let go of her hand and she removes the handkerchief that she used to tie her hair. And she carefully wraps it around Hyewon's palm.

" It will stop the bleeding."

" It's a minor cut. You don't need to put bandage."

" But I was worried."

Eunbi said and thier eyes meet. Hyewon is the first one to shift the gaze because she doesn't want to make things awkward. Eunbi also turns her head to the front again and she clears . Hyewon picks up a stick on the ground and she starts digging on the sand in nervousness.

" Hyewon-ah. About the question you asked while we were playing- "

Eunbi suddenly starts and Hyewon smiles.

" You don't need to answer me if you don't want."

" No, I want to tell you. I want to tell you everything."

Hyewon inhales and she stays quiet letting Eunbi to do as she likes. 

" My father died since I was a little girl and my mother doesn't know how to make business. Siwon oppa's family is Appa's good friends and they helped us. I was engaged to him since we were young and I had no choice. I don't know I love him or not. I mean it was ok for me to marry him one day before-"

" Before what, unnie? "

Hyewon asks and their eyes meet again. Eunbi stares into Hyewon's eyes and she finally understand what the younger girl is feeling. She was not angry. She was sad. Her eyes are pleading her something. Eunbi sighs and she continues.

" Before I met that person."

Eunbi breaks their eye contact but she leans on Hyewon's shoulder all of a sudden.

" I tried not to fall for that person but she was already in my heart before I noticed. I know I can't. We can't do this but I can't control myself. I was stupid enough to do such sillly things."

Hyewon is feeling like she is crying now. She can't do anything about it too. 

" It will be really hurt."

" Yeah, it is."

Hyewon looks at the handkerchief on her hand. Eunbi has already tied to her heart with strong strings. How she can run away from these? They don't talk anymore after that. They don't need to talk either. They just sit by the fire and lean on each other while watching the moon goes down and the sun rises from the horizon.

 

 

 

 

-Tent 3-

" Will you be ok, Saku-chan? "

" Yeah, don't worry about me. Go sleep."

" Arasso. Call me immediately if you need something."

" Alright."

Sakura pushes Chaeyeon to her bed where Jeongyeon is already lying down and ready to sleep. She lies down on her bed and waiting for Nayeon but the older girl is not coming in yet.

" Chaeyeon-ah."

" Nae? "

Chaeyeon immediately answers as if she is waiting for her call. Jeongyeon rolls her eyes as she becomes annoying with them.

" Yah, Lee Chaeyeon. Just go sleep with her."

" I want to and I was about to but you guys were doing your stupid fight and we have to sleep on separate beds."

" Geez."

Jeongyeon turns to the other side and Chaeyeon shifts her attention back to Sakura.

" What's wrong, Saku-chan? "

" I was worried for Nayeon unnie. She said she wanted to take a walk on the beach before she slept but it has been about 30minutes since she had left. Should we follow her? "

" Oh, really? Let's go."

Chaeyeon and Sakura stand up and they are about to go out but Jeongyeon suddenly stops them. 

" Guys, I will follow her."

" What? Really? "

" Yeah. I want to ask her a few questions too. You can sleep together if you want."

Chaeyeon and Sakura look at each other as they are not sure of letting Jeongyeon go after Nayeon but they need to settle things down by theirselves too. So, finally they let her to go. 

" Aigoo, I have a bad feeling about it."

" Me too. But why you agree to her. You should have stopped her."

Chaeyeon is laughing and she shakes her head.

" No. They need to talk seriously before things get worse."

" You are right."

" Now, shall we sleep? "

Chaeyeon suggests and Sakura shyly nods. They choose to enter Sakura's bed and lie down together. Sakura smiles and she looks at the handsome girl beside her.

" My parents are always fighitng. I can't even sleep at nights because of them. I always have bad dreams about them when I am asleep. I am scared of sleeping, you know? "

" Oh, I'm sorry to hear that."

Chaeyeon whispers and Sakura sighs.

" I always dream of leaving the house one day. I can't live like this and torture myself. I need to find my own happiness too, right? They are giving me scares to my heart since I was a child."

Sakura said and Chaeyeon feels sorry for her. The Japanese girl tries to smile and she changes her tone.

" Ah, I am talkative tonight. May be because of alcohol. Sorry, I don't want to make you feel sorry for me. I am used to it already. Let's sleep now, Jjaeyeon-ah."

Sakura said and Chaeyeon gently takes her hand. And she links her little finger with Sakura's.

" Let's hold hands like this and sleep. You will not be afraid of bad dreams anymore. I'm holding you and right beside you."

" Omm."

They both smile and close their eyes to get into the slumber land.

At that time, Jeongyeon is walking out from the tent and she is looking for the certain short girl. She looks around and she finds her walking on the shore alone under the moonlight. Aish, is she a pabo? What is she doing alone? Jeongyeon thinks and she runs to Nayeon.

" Yah, what are you doing alone? It is dangerous."

She said as she slowly down and waits for Nayeon's reply. Nayeon turns around to her and she seems surprised to see Jeongyeon. But she changes her face to a strict one and stares at Jeongyeon with crossing arms.

" This is my business. You can't tell me what to do."

And she continues walking to the sea. Her feet are already wet and she becomes shivers with the cold touch of water to her feet. Jeongyeon follows her and she pulls Nayeon by her arm and turns her body around to face her.

" What do you want? "

" I want to know one thing. Who is the one you love? "

Jeongyeon asks and Nayeon is staring at her. She knows her eyes become teary just by looking at Jeongyeon and she jerks the taller girl's hand which is grapping on her arm. And she runs to the sea to shower her mind with the cold water.

" Im Nayeon, what are you doing? "

Jeongyeon runs after her and she tries to pull the shorter girl who is now in the middle of the water. The water is reached to their waist level and it will be worse if Nayeon goes any further. 

Jeongyeon pulls Nayeon to her and she firmly puts her arms around Nayeon, backhugging her and holding her at that spot.

" No, Nayeon-ah. Don't go anymore."

" Let me go. Let me go."

Nayeon tries to move herself away from Jeongyeon but the taller girl doesn't let her to do. She pulls her even more closer to her and puts her chin on Nayeon's shoulder. They both are shivering due to the cold and they are breathing heavily.

" I'm sorry, Nayeon-ah. I'm sorry."

" Let me go."

Nayeon is still whispering the words but Jeongyeon doesn't listen to her. She keeps hugging the shorter girl and Nayeon stops struggling herself from Jeongyeon's embrace.

" You know nothing, Yoo Jeongyeon. You know nothing."

Jeongyeon doesn't reply and she is just listening to Nayeon's crying. She is also crying but she doesn't let go of Nayeon.

" I have my own problems. I have my difficulties. You don't know Yoo Jeongyeon. You don't know about me."

Nayeon said and she wipes her tears on her face. She then holds on Jeongyeon's hands and she removes them slowly.

" You never tried to understand me."

And she walks away from Jeongyeon and goes back to thier tent. Jeongyeon is left in the water, still crying, wondering what had happened to them. It seemed Nayeon is really done with her now. I'm a pabo. Jeongyeon thinks and she angrily starts hitting the water with her both fists.

When she comes back to their tent, there is no sign of Nayeon. She changes her wet clothes and looks at Chaeyeon and Sakura who are sleeping peacefully while holding her little fingers together. This is so sweet to see them but she also envy them. At that time, their tent is opened and Momo enters with a frown on her face.

" I thought you have messed up everything, Jeongyeon unnie."

She said while crossing her arms and Jeongyeon is just scratching her head as she has no word to reply. Momo shakes her head and she skips her way into the empty bed to sleep. Jeongyeon understands that Nayeon will sleep with Jihyo and she sighs as she makes her way beside Momo.

But she can't fall asleep because she is thinking of what Nayeon said. What is her problems? What difficulties she is referring? And what I was wrong? She sighs as she doesn't know anymore what to do.

 

 

 

The next day...

They are on the bus again and they head back to Seoul. Mina and Chaeyoung who become more closer are now sitting together and playing Games on thier phones while Tzuyu and Sana are sitting beside them.

" Yah, Tzuyu-ah, are you sleepy? Why you are having panda eyes? "

Chaeng asks suddenly and Tzuyu is almost choked. She tries to laugh and shakes her head.

" I couldn't sleep when the bed changes. Don't you remember? "

" Umm, really? "

Chaeng becomes confused and Tzuyu can sigh in relief now. Sana is just laughing and she pulls Tzuyu to her.

" Come. Lean on unnie and get some sleep. I am the most comfortable bed to sleep on."

" Stop flirting with everyone, Sana-chan."

Momo shouts from the front and Sana just sticks her tongue out. Tzuyu is stiff at first but she tries to relax and closes her eyes to sleep on the older girl's shoulder. 

Nayeon is sitting alone at the middle seat and everyone has already known about their late night fight so they just let her to stay by herself. But Jeongyeon makes her way to that seat and sits beside Nayeon. The shorter girl is surprised at first but it turns into an angry one when she find out that it is Jeongyeon.

But Jeongyeon ignores her again and she is taking out her mp3 and puts on her earphones and closes her eyes. Nayeon glares at her ex-bestfriend and she turns to the window side to ignore the taller girl, too.

" I wonder if they got their sleep too."

Jihyo whispers while they are looking at Hyewon and Eunbi who are sitting at the front together. They are leaning on each other and sleeping. Chaeyeon looks at the script in her hand and she pouts.

" I was going to tell Eunbi unnie to practice."

" LOL. Forget that, Chaeyeon-ah. It seems Eunbi unnie is busy."

" I can hear you, guys. You are too loud."

Eunbi said without opening her eyes and they all laugh at her. It was a messy camping experience but they really had fun. And Momo believes that it is the best idea she has ever made.