The Gangster Who Loved Me - Chapter 6

The Gangster Who Loved Me

"I must admit, I was shocked when I opened the door," said the doctor as he tended to Sunggyu's injury, despite the later insisting that it was no big deal.  "I mean, you two looked like two ends of a spectrum, standing there next to eah other.  I thought he was your debt collector.  Had me scared for a second."

The doctor's words made Sunggyu smile.  "He's just a kind passerby."
 

Woohyun was so lost in thought as he sat drinking in a bar that he did not sense a presence beside him until a hand tapped him on the shoulder.  He glanced over to see his friend.

"Why are you drinking here by yourself?" his friend asked.  "Should have called me and the guys."

"Did you find them?" he asked.

His friend flashed him a grin.  "Of course!  Who do you think I am?"

He took a gulp of his drink.  "Where are they?"

"Before I tell you, are you going to tell me what's going on?" his friend asked.

"It's nothing for you to worry about," he replied.

His friend sighed in resignation.  He knew that he wasn't going to get an answer from the Ice King so he gave in with a shrug of his shoulders.  "They're the King Cobra gang.  That town we passed through the other day, seems to be their territory.  Their boss likes to hang out at the biggest club in central."  He paused and glanced at his watch.  "And I'd say he's probably there now."

Upon hearing this, Woohyun got up and headed for the exit.

The minute he stepped outside, he was surprised to find the rest of his biker friends waiting.  Before he could even say a word, his friend followed him out from the bar.

"You think we were just going to let you go and have fun all by yourself?" his friend asked as he draped an arm across Woohyun's shoulder.  "We're all brothers.  If someone messes with one of us, they mess with all of us."


The group of riders made their way through the dark and deserted streets.  Their engines were loud, their auras were menacing.  They were a sight to be seen.

When they pulled up in front of the club, they immediately attracted the attention of the two bouncers, who knew they were trouble.  As the riders got off their motorcycles, the two bouncers approached them.

"Hey, you can't park here," said the bouncers, attempting to shove one of the riders.

Without warning, the rider grabbed the bounder's arm and twisted it until they heard the sound of bones cracking.  The bouncer screamed in pain.

"We're here to see your boss," the rider announced with a grin.

After leaving the two bouncers crippling in pain, the riders made their way inside the noisy club.  Their presence frightened the patrons there who all scampered away.

As the riders headed for the VIP room, they were confronted by a group of men, members of the King Cobra gang who blocked their path.  The riders looked thrilled at the welcoming party.  Chaos ensued as both sides clashed.  The riders seemed to be enjoying themselves, smiling with every punch they threw as if they were playing.  Truth be told, they did not know the reason why they were fighting but they didn't care.  All they knew was that someone had picked a fight with one of their members so it was time for payback.

Soon a large number of armed men arrived at the club.  The riders seemed surprised, realising that they were clearly outnumbered but their surprise only lasted a moment before they grinned with excitement.  Being outnumbered did not faze them.  If anything, it seemed to further excite them.

The riders fought recklessly and uncaring until one by one,their opponents fell.  While the riders began celebrating with free drinks from the bar which they had helped themselves to, Woohyun made his way to the VIP room where he kicked down the door.


"Are you sure you're going to be alright?" the doctor asked as Sunggyu prepared to leave after having spent some time at the clinic.  "Need me to take you home?  It's dark."

Sunggyu smiled.  "It's fine.  Whether it's dark or not, makes no difference to me."

"While that may be true, but as your doctor and friend, I am concerned for your well being," said the doctor.

"Thank you but I'll be fine," said Sunggyu as he headed out the door with the walking stick in his hand.


As Sunggyu walked along the deserted street, he heard the low rumble of an engine from behind.  It was following him like before, only this time he knew who it was.  He smiled and continued walking.  The engine sound followed him until he arrived at the front of his house.  Only then did he hear the engine take off into the distance.