The Gangster Who Loved Me - Final

The Gangster Who Loved Me

It had been three days.  Despite being wounded himself, Myungsoo remained by Sunggyu's beside to watch over him.  He was lost in thought that he did not hear Sungyeol walk up beside him.

"You need to get some rest," said Sungyeol.  "He's going to be okay.  The blade missed his heart but I can't say the same for your commander."

After a moment Myungsoo turned to face Sungyeol.  "It was also you who saved me that night, wasn't it?" he asked.

Sungyeol replied with a smile.

"Thank you," said Myungsoo.  "Can I ask you to do me another favour?"

"There's no need to ask," Sungyeol teased.  "You know I would do anything for you."

Despite those words Sungyeol frowned upon hearing Myungsoo's request.  "Why?"

"I owe him," said Myungsoo solemnly.  "I should have trusted him.  Instead I inflicted that wound on his chest and watched as he fell off that cliff.  I should have known that he would never do such things yet I believed a lie and turned my back on him, the one person I-"  Myungsoo abruptly upon realising what he was about to say.  "Please do me this favour and I'll do anything you want."

Sungyeol stared at him in quiet contemplation.


For the first time in a long time Sunggyu looked up at the blue sky above.  The sun shone so bright that he had to raise his hand to shield his eyes.

The busy streets were filled with people.  As a figure passed him by, he stopped for a moment then he turned around and grabbed the arm of the young man dressed in a fine black suit with slicked back hair.  The young man looked at him in surprise.  The two men in suits beside the young man were about to step in to intervene but the young man signalled for them to step down.  Sunggyu stared at the young man.  Time seemed to stop for them while everyone else around them continued on.

"Woohyun," said Sunggyu.

The young man's eyes widened in disbelief as he stared into Sunggyu's eyes.  Those once sightless eyes now seemed to stare back into his soul.  He glanced down at Sunggyu's arm which firmly gripped his wrist as if afraid to let go then he cast his eyes back up to Sunggyu's face.  Their eyes met once again and he smiled. 

"How did you know it was me?" Woohyun asked, his eyes still locked on Sunggyu.

Sunggyu smiled.  "Your scent."

Woohyun smiled and let out a sigh of relief.  "I made a bet with myself that if you didn't recognise me then I would leave you alone," he admitted.

"Why would you do that?" Sunggyu asked.

"I was afraid that you would hate what I am now," said Woohyun solemnly.  "You still have once last chance to let go."

Sunggyu looked Woohyun up and down.  It was true that Woohyun was different to how he had imagined him to be.  The rider he knew was now replaced with a young man dressed in a suit.  Sunggyu smiled and stepped forward, closing the gap between them with a passionate kiss.

Sitting at a cafe not far away, a young man witnessed the scene and quickly dialled his phone.  "Sir, they're kissing in the middle of the street," he informed.  "Should I stop them?"

The voice sighed.  "Sungjong, I don't need to know that and no, leave them alone.  It was hard enough to get him to agree to take over.  I want to enjoy my old age in peace.  Don't make him angry."

"Yes, Sir."


On the roof top of a tall building, a figure stood admiring the night city view below.  He was soon joined by a second figure who stood beside him.  Neither made eye contact as they stood staring aimlessly into the distance.

"The rumours said that you died," said the second figure.  "It's good to see that you're alive and well.  I personally came to say thank you.  Thanks to you I escaped that day."

"You don't have to thank me," he said.  "We had a deal.  I was just doing my part."

"Very well," said the second figure as he turned to walk away but stopped after a few steps.  "About you and him, I'll turn a blind eye but just remember he's my son after all."

With those words, the second figure left, only to be replaced by a tall figure who stepped out from amongst the shadows.  He approached the figure and stood beside him as they looked at the city below.

"You don't seem surprised that I'm here," said the tall figure.  "Did you already know that I was hiding there?"

"I can smell your scent," he replied.

The tall figure let out a chuckle.  "Old habits die hard don't they?  When did your memory come back?"

"Awhile now," he replied.  "When did you find out?"

"That day in the mountain," the tall figure replied.  "When I exchanged swords with him, your ex commander told me that the most dangerous person is someone who can convince others to believe otherwise despite it being the truth.  He told me that the most dangerous person was you.  He asked me why I believed you and not him.  I couldn't answer him because I didn't know why myself."

He remained quiet as he listened to those words exposing him.

"So I watched as you two fought," continued the tall figure.  "I saw the smirk on your face when you killed him."  There was a moment's pause as they both recalled the event of that day.  "One more thing, I can lip read.  I know what you said to him."

His mind flashed back to that moment when he plunged his sword through the man's heart.  Despite him too being wounded, his wound was not fatal.  He smirked as he twisted the sword causing the man excruciating pain. 

"You should have died that day with the rest of them, commander."

"Despite being a member of the special forces, you really were colluding with the leader of the Damyeon clan," said the tall figure.  "I can't imagine what would happen if he knew that he had sacrificed his eyes for a man like you."

"Why didn't you tell him?" he asked.  "Why did you agree to his request?"

"Because we're both bad men," replied the tall figure.  "And I'm selfish.  I want to keep him by my side."

He smiled as he finally glanced at the tall figure beside him.  "You really are a bad man.  As am I.  Hell awaits people like us."

 

 

 

The End.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

We can all guess who the bad men were right?  Hope you all managed to piece together the puzzle and what was going on.

Thank you for reading.