The Chase

Daehyun Zelo One Shot Collection

The Chase

By Chloe Park (박세아)

“ZOMG. ZOMG. You guys are lost?!” SeAh freaked out into the phone and HeeEun had to continuously pull the phone away from her ear.

“HeeEun-ah, sorry. SeAh’s just really worried,” Daehyun’s gentler voice came over the phone, his Busan dialect slipping through his words with his worry. “Do you see any street signs nearby?”

HeeEun pressed a palm over the mouth piece of her phone to guard from Zelo’s soft giggles. ‘Shhhh!!!’ “ Ummmm… I’m not sure… we were in Myungdong…. But now I’m not sure….”

“Okay! Stay right where you are. SeAh and I will be right there!!”  Daehyun said and HeeEun could hear the sound of the door locking shut before he hung up.

“Oh God,” Zelo howled in laughter. “We fooled them!!! HAHAHAHAHaha… ha…. Wait…. SeAh noona’s gonna kill us when she finds out we were only pranking them.”

“Ehhhh, it’s okay,” HeeEun waved him off nonchalantly, sticking her hands into her pockets and turning out of the alley to the loud and filled Myungdong streets. “Let’s get something to drink while we wait. There was a smoothie shop somewhere near here.”

As the couple wandered the streets in search of the smoothie shop they had seen previously, a familiar blonde head was seen in the crowds of people. In place of the (in)famous mask was a crudely made black scarf courtesy of SeAh. However, the creator of the scarf was no where to be seen. It was most likely because of her petite height.

"HeeEun-ah, duck! I see Daehyun hyung!!" Zelo pushed my head down and pulled his beanie further over his blonde mop of hair. They began their escape, tip-toeing their way through the crowds. It was especially difficult for Zelo to hide himself due to the fact that he was more than a head taller than many of the girls roaming the shopping district.

"Daehyun oppa, I think I think they may be in that alleyway!!" They heard SeAh exclaim, pointing towards the alleyway that Zelo and HeeEun had just been in.

Ohmigod, close call!! The couple exchanged a relieved glance, sneaking away slowly until.... a hand clasped each of them on the shoulder.

"Caught you," Daehyun's deep voice sang, a smirk evident in his voice. "You thought you could hide?"

Zelo opened his mouth to argue when he felt a fist pressing into the crown of his head. He gulped, putting on a pitiful pout. He gazed up at SeAh, begging with his eyes to let him go free. "Noonaaaa~~~ Please don't"

"You think you could get away with fooling me like that? Not a chance!!" SeAh pressed harder, giving the younger boy a forceful noogie.

"AHHhhhhhh!! HeeEun-ahhhh. I told you she'd get violent!!!" Zelo whined, breaking free of the smaller girl's grasp and hiding behind his girlfriend.

Daehyun chuckled behind his scarf, grabbing SeAh's hand and slinging an arm around Zelo's neck. "Let's go home before Yongguk hyung throws a fit."

"How'd you find us anyway?" HeeEun inquired while linking her arm through SeAh's. "I thought we put up a good act...."

"I heard the music in the background." Daehyun grinned, "After that it wasn't hard to figure it out. Considering we fooled you back, I'm pretty sure we put up the better act. And when we got here, Zelo's ramen hair wasn't hard to find. You had SeAh fooled at first though.... She was freaking out like a mother bear."

"I WAS NOT!!" SeAh defended herself crossly, a slight tinge of pink flashing across her chubby cheeks as she elbowed her boyfriend. "I was not fooled... and I was not a mother bear..."