Midnight

Daehyun Zelo One Shot Collection

Midnight

By 박희은

                They had successfully bought DaeHyun’s new Beats, somehow managed to get sidetracked in the shopping capital of MyungDong, and ate practically every step of the way.  In SeAh’s opinion, the day had been very successful. 

                Upon returning, they found Zelo and HeeEun cuddled and asleep on the couch.  The room was dark and the TV flickered with what looked like an action movie.  “Aigo, look at the kids,” DaeHyun said playfully.  SeAh rolled her eyes.  “Oh please, you’re not much older than them…”

                “Three years?”

                “YongGuk-oppa and HimChan-oppa have you beat.”

                He snorted and pulled her into a hug.  “I’m guessing you’ll have to leave?” he asked, sadness creeping into his voice.  SeAh blushed and shook her head.  “I can’t,” she mumbled into his chest.  “You…can’t?”

                “Well…” she started and pressed her face deeper into his chest, embarrassed.  “HeeEun drove us here.  I don’t have my license with me and since I at driving anyways, she picked me up from my house and took us here.”

                After a few seconds, she could feel the rumble from him as he laughed low and soft.  It was a sound she really liked in her ears besides his music and voice.  “Aigo, you’re too cute,” he murmured.  Taking her hands, he pulled her into his room and they sat at his computer while looking at new MV’s that came out and updating themselves on the newest K-pop news.  Eventually, DaeHyun said he’d go make a midnight snack for them and left the room.  Since he was gone,  SeAh, being unable to resist, logged into her Tumblr account and squealed at all the K-pop stars that flooded her dashboard.  She re-blogged everything that came up as interesting to her and covered her face whenever her biases from other groups came up. 

                Fifteen minutes later, DaeHyun came in with a tray of pizza rolls and nearly dropped them when he saw that his girlfriend was fangirling over  [ a rather attractive ] picture of JunHyung from B2ST.  “Yah, SeAh, what are you doing?” he asked, trying to keep his voice down.  She jumped at the sound of his voice and knowing she was caught, she guiltily picked at the hem of her sweatshirt.  “Ah, well, you know…”  DaeHyun sighed and waved her off.  “Never mind,” he said quietly, setting the tray on the table and sitting down, staring off into space.  SeAh immediately felt bad when she saw the look on his face and quickly went to sit beside him.  “I’m sorry, DaeHyun-ah, but don’t worry; you’ll always be my favorite out of them all!” 

                No response.

                Oh crap, the girl thought to herself, suddenly panicking.  I did it this time, didn’t I?  Tentatively, she called out his name, but he didn’t even so much as bat an eyelash for her.  “DaeHyun-ah?” she tried again, this time with more aegyo.  She could see him swallow and smirked inwardly before throwing her arms around him and burying her face in the crook of his neck.  “I’m really sorry,” she added and he was immediately putty in her hands. 

                “Aish,” he muttered, “Why do I let you off the hook all the time?”  SeAh smiled and pecked him on the cheek.  “Because I’m your favorite?”  He laughed at her response and kissed her on the lips.  “That is true, I’ll admit.” 

                The couple ate and after spending a little more time on the computer and brushing their teeth, they cuddled on the bed and talked into the night.  DaeHyun could see SeAh’s head drooping every now and then and took that as a sign to leave her so she could sleep.  As he moved to get off, she grabbed his hand and gave him a questioning look.  He smiled at her.  “Well, I know you’re tired, so I was just going to sleep in the spare—.”

                “Ah, don’t.  Um, I mean…”

                She blushed and looked away.  “Don’t go.  Just for tonight…please…um…”  DaeHyun laughed at her shy expression and took his spot beside her again.  “Okay, I won’t go.  In fact, I won’t go anywhere without you.”