Emergency

Daehyun Zelo One Shot Collection

Emergency

By 박희은

                SeAh and DaeHyun woke up to the sound of screaming and the fire alarm going off.  They rushed out of the room and stared at the smoking wreck at the stove.  “W-what the hell happened?!” DaeHyun asked, despair and disbelief in his voice.  Zelo had a guilty look on his face while HeeEun took the radioactive product to the garbage and dumped it out.  “Err, it’s nothing, really,” she said as she took the pan to the sink.  “He was just trying to be sweet, that’s all.”  SeAh rubbed her face and yawned.  “Jeez, you freaked me out…and what the heck happened to your hair…?”  She saw that her friend's hair was a complete and tangled mess and resembled something like a bird’s nest [ even though in real life this never happens to me ^^ ].

                “Shut up, I know....”

                Meanwhile:

 DaeHyun sat beside Zelo, who was sulking by himself in the corner, and ruffled his hair.  “You don’t have to beat yourself up over this.”  The maknae pouted even more and turned his head away.  “I wanted to surprise HeeEun, though…”

                “Well, I’m sure she’d be okay with you doing something simple for her?  No need to be extravagant.”

                And then back in the kitchen:

                SeAh grabbed eggs, green onions, black peppers, and a small cup of salt and handed it to HeeEun.  “You know,” the shorter girl started, “Why did only DaeHyun and I wake up?  Where the heck is everyone…?”  HeeEun looked at her blankly before a realization dawned on her.  “Oh, yeah, everyone said that they’d be leaving a little early tomorrow for a guy’s day out.  Zelo opted to stay with me.”  It was quiet for a moment before the taller girl nudged her friend with her shoulder.  “So what happened with DaeHyun and you while I was sleeping?”  She gave a suggestive eyebrow wiggle.  SeAh blushed.  “What the—no, nothing happened!”

                “But you guys slept in the same room.”

                “You and Zelo did, too…”

                “Oh, come on.  We were asleep out here and you even saw us passed out.  So while we were in the open, you two had some privacy and—.”

                “HeeEun-ah, stop itttt.  Nothing happened, okay?”

                The two laughed and continued making breakfast [ well, actually, it was waaaay past noon when they woke up, so more like a late lunch? ]Eventually, they finished and set themselves up at the table.  Their boyfriends were lured in by the smell of something that was actually edible.  “Whoa, this looks good!” DaeHyun commented, pecking SeAh on the cheek.  Zelo joined and immediately began to eat.  HeeEun thought it was cute the way he was stuffing his cheeks. 

                After eating, they lounged around in the living room and watched TV or went on the internet.  It was an awfully boring Saturday and for hours, they honestly had no idea what to do.  DaeHyun and Zelo played the game where you’d say what came to mind, which went like this:

                “Red.”

                “Cherry tomato.”

                “Grape.”

                “Cherry tomato.”

                “Vegetable.”

                “Cherry tomato.”

                “What?  Tomatoes aren’t even vegetables…Anyway, house.”

                “Cherry tomato.”

                “COME ON NOW.  IT’S NOT EVEN ROUND FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.” [ sorry if DaeHyun seems OOC… ]

                Suddenly, Zelo suggested they go out and have a scavenger hunt.  With nothing else to do, they all agreed and got ready to go. 

                Nightlife in Korea was something to experience, from ritzy clubs to elegant restaurants.  Of course, with all things good, there had to be some that were bad.  Not only were there party-goers out on the streets, but there were also druggies and thugs lurking in the dark.  However, the group decided to only stay in the liveliest parts of the city and avoid dark, solitary parts.

                They split into their respective pairings and made a list of the things the other team should find.  After settling everything, they set off on their adventure.

                SeAh had to drag DaeHyun around since he seemed really sluggish that night and refused to walk fast.  “DaeHyun-ah, come on!” the girl pleaded.  “We have to get back first if we want to win.”  She pointed to the first item on their list.  “Infinite’s Repackaged Paradise Album…?”  Her eyes squinted a little and she thought, HeeEun probably wants this…

                They bought the album and managed to get to the ninth item after nearly three hours of walking around the city.  Tired and worn out, the couple sat down at a park bench and took a breather.  “Why did I ever agree to this?” asked DaeHyun, who was trying to cool himself due to the midsummer night’s heat.  SeAh eyed his glistening collarbone, blushed, and looked away.  “Um, let me go buy something to drink…”  The singer nodded.

                She went to the nearest vending machine around the corner and looked at all the options.  Seeing that most of it was all sold out, she opted to get two bottles of water.  When she turned around, she jumped and backed up into the machine, suddenly finding herself cornered.