Colourful Cacophony

Accidental Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Happy weekend everyone! Hope you have all have started having a lovely weekend! Here's the next chapter! Hope you enjoy it!

 

 

 

A cacophony of bird tweets and sweet singing filtered through the early morning calm as the sun broke through the monotonous blue-grey of dawn. Jonghyun stirred atop his covers, shivering as goose bumps erupted along his arms. Reluctantly he pried his eyes open as his mind became more aware of reality. Squinting he looked around the bedroom, taking a moment to figure out the difference from his usual bedroom. Becoming more alert as he noticed the elaborate and plush decorations that his shabby little apartment had never owned, he sighed as he remembered yesterday’s events.

 

Sitting up in bed, he yawned stretching. Rubbing his eyes off the remaining sleep, he turned towards the closed curtains of the window. Getting off the bed, he padded towards the window, gently moving the curtains to fully take in the beautiful flower garden in the pale lighting of dawn. He yawned again, raising his arms above his heads and twisting his body as he stretched fully, soaking up the morning sun. Smiling softly, he watched the multi-coloured flowers brightening the green background of the garden and the sweetly singing little robins and sparrows flying around each other merrily.

 

Looking at the time he noticed that it was only half six in the morning; deciding to get ready he walked towards his still packed carry-on and pulled out his clothes for the day before heading to the en-suite to freshen himself up. Fifteen minutes later he stepped out of the en-suite bathroom letting out warm steam as he opened the door. Dressed in his favourite, comfy large white hoodie and blue skinny jeans, he ruffled his still wet pink strands. Taking a deep breath in and bracing himself, he encouraged himself, “You can do it Jonghyun-ah!” before heading out of his quiet solace.

 

Slowly closing the door behind him, he tried to remember the way to the dining hall from last night. Walking along the long corridor, he noticed again with disappointment the lack of personal ornaments and the very strict outlook displayed around him. His ears perked up as he heard voices talking ahead of him, glad to have found his way he walked forward quickly to join the present company. As he entered, he noticed the handsome young President Lee standing by the large windows staring out at the garden as he had this morning, sipping what looked like a hot cup of coffee or tea, whereas his father sat by the dinning table eating gourmet breakfast.

 

They both turned around as Jonghyun entered the large open dining hall, fingers grasping at the end of his sleeves nervously. He gulped as he met the disappointed look of the older Lee as the man stared at Jonghyun’s very different outfit and out of the norm pink head of hair. Turning away he met eyes with the younger Lee, his ‘husband’ offered a slight nod in greeting as he said, “Good morning Jonghyun-ssi. I hope you’ve rested well?”

 

“Ah yes th-thank you, Jinki-ssi.” Jonghyun replied bashfully, returning a shy nod in greeting. “U-Um did you rest well, Jinki-ssi?” He asked, surprising the other man slightly as he was not expecting the question.

 

“Yes, thank you Jonghyun-ssi. Please, help yourself to any breakfast of your choice.” Jinki gestured to the food laden table with his coffee cup held hand, the other hand remaining in his trouser pocket. He remained standing by the window; body slightly turned towards Jonghyun but otherwise remaining unmoved.

 

“Thank you Jinki-ssi. H-Have you eaten?” Jonghyun enquired quietly, noticing from the corner of his eyes the quiet exit of the older Lee. He bit his bottom lip sadly, not knowing how to change the reception he received from the older man.

 

“I don’t take breakfast, Jonghyun-ssi. I’m fine with just coffee.” Jinki replied as he placed the half empty cup on the table, adjusting his sleeve cuffs. “Enjoy your breakfast, Jonghyun-ssi. I’ll be heading to work now. Minho will drive you to your work today just to make sure that there are no paparazzi following you. Once cleared, you may make your way to work as you wish.”

 

Jonghyun stared at the other man, eyes widened, “B-But wait! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!” He stuttered, looking at the dining table in a hurry. Noticing breakfast bars, he grabbed a couple before quickly stretching them out to the other man in offering. “Please take these Jinki-ssi! You can have them a little later, if you wish but please eat something!” He said, mentally bracing himself for retribution for overstepping his line.

 

Jinki stared at the other man astonished, chuckling he took the two breakfast bars from the shorter man’s trembling hands, “Thank you Jonghyun-ssi. Have a good day.” He said as he walked past him towards his waiting driver.

 

Jonghyun blinked in wonder that he had not been reprimanded, before turning around quickly bowing, “Have a good day too Jinki-ssi!” He stared after the disappearing man before sighing as he turned to look at the heavy food laden breakfast table. Dejectedly he thought of maybe grabbing himself a breakfast bar himself so to avoid being by himself. Reaching out to grab his breakfast bar, he started as a voice called out to him out of the blue.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter