Drowning

Accidental Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello everyone! Please enjoy the chapter! Trigger warning - panic attack -> will be highlighted with ** , skip if it will be triggering for you.

 

 

40 minutes ago … Happy Heart Kindergarten

 

Jonghyun blanked out for a moment as his brain repeated that the President of Lee Enterprises, the youngest, most successful bachelor in Seoul wanted to meet with him privately. He thought up possibilities of jail time, paying money for causing trouble and the worst for this to impact his studies and future career. He was so deep in thoughts he disregarded the person waiting for him to speak on the other side of the phone.

 

“—un-ssi, Jonghyun-ssi!” The voice called louder startling Jonghyun back to present times.

 

“S-sorry, I-I…it’s a l-lot to take in.” Jonghyun stuttered.

 

“I understand Jonghyun-ssi, so does my President so please don’t worry too much and come outside. I’ll be waiting to take you over to the President.” The man kindly reassured him.

 

“Ok.” Jonghyun mumbled. Taking a deep breath, he steadied himself, before he turned towards Mrs. Shim and Changmin, “Hyung, Mrs. Shim I’m going to meet the President of Lee Enterprises to discuss all this. I don’t know what he wants to discuss but I hope we can withdraw the paperwork or something, I don’t know.” He said determinedly.

 

Changmin and Mrs. Shim looked at each other before turning sympathetic faces towards the youngest in the room, “You want us to come with you Jonghyun-ah?”

 

“No hyung, I don’t want to look confrontative. I’ll be fine hyung, I’ll give you a call if anything.” Jonghyun gave the others an uneasy smile, trying to convince them that he felt better than he really was. Handing the landline phone back, he steadied himself as he walked to the front door. Putting his shoes back on, he braced himself as he walked out. Stepping in back in surprise as he noticed the tall man standing by the door, one arm raised ready to knock, he took a quick note of the good-looking man’s big eyes widened in surprise not expecting anyone to have opened the door before he had knocked.

 

“Ah, Jonghyun-ssi. I’m Choi Minho, I just spoke to you.” The man said with a slight smile. Jonghyun bowed quickly, keep his eyes trained on the ground. “Please follow me.” He instructed as he walked towards a sleek black BMW. Jonghyun followed, heart thumping away in his chest as he took deep breathes to hold in the oncoming panic, following the taller man at a safe distance.

 

 

Lee Mansion

 

 

Jonghyun gulped seeing the wide expansion of the mansion come into view. His anxiety increased as more and more evidence of the difference in statuses became increasingly apparent. He remained sitting in the car even after it came to a stop in front of the main entrance. He fumbled to get out as the Executive Officer opened the door for him, indicating that he is to exit the car. Together they walked into the mansion; Jonghyun followed with trepidation noticing the intricate and luxurious detailing to the interior.

 

“Please take a seat here, President Lee will not be too long. Would you like something to drink, Jonghyun-ssi?” Minho asked gently watching the growing fear on the shorter man’s face.

 

Jonghyun shook his head in the negative as he nervously sat at the edge of the white L-shaped sofa, as though afraid he might dirty the cleanliness of the furniture. After what felt like hours but only 10 minutes had passed in reality, Jonghyun straightened up as he heard sharp, brusque footsteps walking closer towards him with purpose. He looked up at the entrance finally spotting a tall, imposing man with gelled-back dark brown hair as came into view, his clean-cut pin-striped suit further emphasising his broad shoulders.

 

Finally coming to a standstill in front of Jonghyun, the man leisurely held out a hand,

 

“Kim Jonghyun-ssi. I’m Lee Jinki, the President of Lee Enterprises.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter