Move

Accidental Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello again everyone! Apologies for the late update! I was trying to make the deadline for the shinee winter fest and so couldn't update. The next updates shouldn't be delayed though! Thank you for all the support! Hope you enjoy the chapter!

 

P.S. If you don't recognise characters they usually are OC. 

 

 

Slight beams of sunshine filtered through the grey clouds as the sky darkened and the sun began to set. Jonghyun stared out the car window as the world darkened and rushed past him. Thoughts flickered through his mind as he absentmindedly gazed at the unaware couples and families heading to their destinations together. He sighed, closing his eyes tiredly. Leaning his head back against the car seat he tried not to let the thoughts overwhelm him again, he did not wish for another panic attack. He tapped a finger on the armrest, leaning against the door trying to steady his heart into a regular pattern as he worked to control his emotions.

 

“Jonghyun-ssi.” The calm voice of the Executive Officer alerted him back into reality as he straightened up, looking outside he noticed that somehow, he had arrived at his shabby little apartment whilst lost in his thoughts. Getting out of the car he led Minho to his small apartment; unlocking the door they entered as Minho looked around, noting the neat interior compared to the dirty and rough exterior.

 

Jonghyun walked deeper into the house, packing his bags as Minho looked at the small number of framed photos on a small cracked coffee table. He smiled looking at the good-looking couple holding a beaming bald toddler and a cute little girl standing by them, shyly hiding herself between her parents. He chuckled seeing the photo next to that, the frame that housed the same bald toddler wearing bright red lipstick, smeared messily around his lips, holding the hand of another toddler who appeared slightly younger wearing a bright pink bow on his little head, both toddlers beaming happily at the person behind the camera.

 

“Minho-ssi? I’m ready.” He heard Jonghyun’s soft melodious voice behind him. He stood up, turning around ready to help Jonghyun with his luggage when he noticed that all the other man had packed were a backpack and a small holdall. Jonghyun moved closer to him to pick up the two photo frames he was admiring before placing them into his barely full holdall.

 

“Is that all Jonghyun-ssi? We can take everything now instead of coming back in multiple trips.” Minho suggested with a frown.

 

“Ah no, Minho-ssi, this is all that I own. So yes, I’m ready. I’ll just have to return the keys to the owner sometime, but I can pass it onto a friend or come back later.” Jonghyun replied bashfully.

 

Minho stared at the other man in disbelief making Jonghyun shuffle his feet nervously at the extended silence. “Minho-ssi?” He called.

 

“Ah, sorry Jonghyun-ssi. I was lost in my thoughts. If that is all, we can leave now.” Minho said as walked back to the car before Jonghyun, not wanting the other man to see pity on his face. Coming from a well-off family himself, he had never experienced an instance where it would have only taken him 10 minutes to pack up his belongings from one place to another. He marvelled at the fact that the other man was able to live comfortably with so little.

 

He started the car as Jonghyun settled himself in the back seat. Silence aded again as he drove off back towards Lee Mansion. Minho glanced back at his passenger through the rear-view mirror. He searched for ideas to start conversation with the forlorn man behind him. Unable to think of any topics that wouldn’t lead to further awkwardness or bring down the other man’s mood any lower, he the radio.

 

“Next on Seoul FM, to energise everyone is the new single from the Super M collaboration, Jopping!” The radio DJ announced. Minho glanced back at the younger man, gauging his expression, ready to change the radio channel if he seemed irritated when he noticed the brighter expression on the other’s face.

 

“Are you a fan Jonghyun-ssi?” Minho asked with a small smile.

 

“Ah, no not really…I like the song I guess but I’m a fan of Taemin, so I follow all his collaborations!” Jonghyun replied with an excited smile.

 

“Taemin?” Minho asked, raising an eyebrow as a sly smile grew on his face.

 

“Yeah! You know the pop star Taemin? I’m a really big fan!” Jonghyun gushed, the earlier dejected expression completely disappearing with the onslaught of excitement. Minho laughed at the other’s cute, exuberant demeanour.

 

“I know this change will be lonely and strange for you Jonghyun-ssi and perhaps I can’t help you much but…I would like to support you if I can…Jonghyun-ssi please feel free and call me hyung and if possible I will help you manage in our side of the world.” Minho said resolutely. He wondered if he had overstepped his line when he received no response, glancing back up at the rear-view mirror he noticed the slightly watery smile on the other man’s face.

 

“Thank you Minho-ssi, I really appreciate it but…how old are you Minho-ssi?” Jonghyun asked shyly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter