Changes

Accidental Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello everyone! I know this is early but there has been some changes and I've been called into work early so I decided to post this and my next update won't be so soon. Thank you for supporting me and this story so far! Please enjoy! :)

 

 

 

32nd floor – Presidential suite – Lee Enterprises

 

 

The tall young President stood by the floor length glass panes that served as see-through wall, watching as the sun rose spreading its magnificence bit by bit on the slowly waking city of Seoul. He tightened his worn-out faded silver treble clef cufflinks absentmindedly as he stared out deep in thought. Straightening his crisp, ironed dark silver waistcoat he walked back towards his desk.

 

Lifting an old glass paperweight, he ran his thumb over it looking into it; he closed his eyes sighing,

 

“I’m sorry.” He whispered, replacing the paperweight to its usual place. With a sigh, he opened his eyes schooling his face back into its cold façade. Settling into the plush leather rolling chair he arranged his paperwork, looking over the reports provided by other branch leaders.

 

A sharp knock sounded on the door, disturbing his attention. “Come in.” He instructed.

 

A tall, sharp young man in a black pin-striped suit strode confidently to stand in front of the President’s desk; the sunlight further highlighting his carefully gelled back black hair and handsome face.

 

“You called for me, President Lee.”

 

“Yes, you will be relieved of your duties as Executive Officer for a while; I want you to lead the investigation to verify the accounts of the Jung Enterprises side branches. Report to me as soon as you find any inconsistencies. Meanwhile the general managers can report to me directly.” The President ordered. Sliding the file that he was reading toward the Executive Officer he gestured towards it, “I want you to look into this too, privately of course.”

 

“Of course, President Lee. I will see to everything and will report back to you as soon as I have substantial information.” The good-looking man bowed accepting the file. Turning around to leave the room as he was dismissed, he slowed down a hand on the handle of the door.

 

“Hyung…? Is what I heard true...Are you marrying Jessica noona?” He asked hesitantly, slowly turning around as the silence grew.

 

The young President stared seemingly into nothing, looked up nodding “Yes I am. One of the secretaries will take our paperwork to the Council today and register our marriage.”

 

“So, you’re not going to the Council office yourselves? Is this really a marriage or just signatures on paper hyung?” The younger man asked incredulously. “This isn’t you Hyung…are you going to be happy with this decision later?”

 

“Marriage and happiness don’t mean much to me; neither last a long time. However, I can be content with the growth and strength of my empire.” Jinki answered impassively.

 

“Doesn’t last…hyung don’t tell me…you still? It’s been five years hyung!”

 

“Minho! That’s enough. You’re dismissed, I’ll be waiting for your reports.” Came the sharp retort; the first show of emotion on the young President’s face.

 

Minho scoffed shaking his head, reminding Jinki of his brother’s similar expression from the night before, “You’ve changed Hyung…you were changing but…I don’t know how to get you back anymore.” With that he sadly exited the room.

 

Jinki grabbed the paperweight, running his fingers around the rough edges deep in thought, “I know.”

 

 

 

Meanwhile at Happy Heart Kindergarten

 

 

 

Jonghyun kneeled on the floor, distractedly wiping the fruit-shaped kids tables with a wet cloth. He thought back to the surprising and overload of events that took place last night. He remembered with a giddy smile about meeting his idol singer and dancer who he so admired, he then frowned thinking back to the young man’s sad and lonely countenance.

 

“It must be tough being famous so young.” He supposed.

 

He then thought back to what actually led him to sit at a corner store eating ramyun instead of going home to hot rice.

 

 

Flashback

 

 

Jonghyun sat scribbling notes as he paid attention to the lecturer. He pulled the sleeves of his oversized, comfortable yellow hoodie further up to cover the tips of his fingers as he unsuccessfully tried to hide his tired yawn. It was difficult working at the kindergarten during the day and then attending his lectures in the evening to get his degree. But it’s so worth it, he thought to himself smiling.

 

He glanced at the clock behind the young professor and noted that it was nearly time for the end of the class. Determined, he focused on jotting down more notes that would be useful for his future exam preparation. As the bell rang signalling the end of the class, the students all hurried to leave when the Jonghyun heard his name being called by his professor.

 

With a small grin he skipped down the stairs to the front of the lecture hall where the young professor was waiting for him.

“You called Teukie hyung?” He asked in a soft voice.

 

“Yah, I’m still your professor! We’re in class.” The professor mock reprimanded with a grin.

 

“But the bell has rung hyung so it no longer ‘class time’.” Jonghyun replied cheekily.

 

“Aish you little brat! You’re lucky you’re cute!” Leeteuk laughed ruffling the younger’s pastel pink hair. “Anyway, on to more important matters; I wanted to talk to you about your course. You’re working on your bachelor’s degree as a part-time student…are you willing to put in a couple of extra hours along with that to get your Masters?”

 

“Masters hyung?! But…but how is that possible? The university wouldn’t allow it and I don’t have enough money for that hyung! I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter