A New Day

Accidental Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Silence stifling yet familiar surrounded the interior of a sleek black Audi. Chang Ok stifled a sigh as he glanced at the rear-view mirror checking his boss’s reaction. At the age of 55 he never thought he would have to bow his head down to anyone other than the older CEO of Lee Enterprises – Lee Geunho, however the day came too soon when the elder man stepped down for his son. His son who was now his boss, someone he had never seen in the limelight until he took over Lee enterprises.

 

“Eyes on the road Chang Ok-ssi.” The deep voice startled Chang Ok out of his thoughts and he stifled another sigh when he thought of the young, serious and apathetic man.

 

“I apologise President Lee. Shall I head to the main entrance or the side entrance President?”

 

“Main entrance.” Was the single command. As usual there was no place for any conversation not relevant to the driver’s job.

 

Giving in to the urge, Chang Ok sighed quietly in relief as a large glass building came into view. The 32-floor building looked impressive on all accounts; fragile yet imposing in central Seoul. Parking by the curb, Chang Ok quickly exited to open the door for the young President. As the young President Lee got out of the car, Chang Ok had the same thought as he gazed upon the tall man, a thought he has had every day for the last three years – ‘it is not only the building that appears imposing and impressive’.

 

“You may head back to the main house, Chang Ok-ssi.” With that the President headed towards the entrance of the building. With another sigh, Chang Ok got back in the car and made his way back to the main house.

 

 

 

Lee Enterprises

 

 

 

Sharp footsteps ricocheted off the white marble flooring as a tall young man in a sleek black suit headed towards the reception desk. He stood out from those around him with his perfectly tailored black suit, perfectly coiffed dark brown hair, cold handsome face and the commanding aura surrounding him as he took each step.

 

“Welcome President Lee. Shall I arrange for a coffee to be taken up to the Board room?” The well-dressed receptionist asked with a formal bow.

 

“Espresso.” Was the one-word answer as he walked past reception towards the lift, heading up to the board room on the 30th floor.

 

“Oh, I’m so glad I came to work here Unnie! He is so hot!” The younger receptionist swooned as the older straightened from her bow.

 

Raising her eyebrow, the older said “Miyoung-ah eyes on the job love or you’re gonna get your heart broken. He is known as the Cold Demon for a reason you know. He’s perfect and perfectly ruthless. He’s shown no interest in anyone or anything but this Enterprise, he won’t be interested in you so don’t get your hopes up. This isn’t a K-drama.”

 

“Ah Chansook Unnie! Don’t be a spoilsport! I won the beauty contest in Ansan you know! I’m sure I have a chance!” Miyoung pouted petulantly.

 

Chansook chuckled as she shook her head, “You don’t understand Miyoung-ah. You will soon understand, there are many to come to the meeting today still. Come let us prepare.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter