Chapter 8

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Krystal slightly jumped, startled by the voice behind her when she turned around. "Oh. You are back." She told him calmly even if her heart was threating to get out of her chest. "Why are you here?" She could see that he wasn't in a good mood. Surprisingly, even if annoyed, his voice hasn't wavered. Impressive. Or crazy. She wasn't sure yet. "To see you." Go boldly. Nothing to lose. "I thought we agreed for our time to be a one time thing." Take a shot Krystal. "You said you found me amusing." He looked at her in a way that she could only explain as agreeing. "So, let me amuse you some more." Let me use you a little bit more.  "What do you really want?" To find more about you. But she can exectly tell him that. "Why is this painting larger then the others?" She looked back at it. All in different shades of blue. "Do you even live here?"  "I will ask you to leave patiently before I am made to throw you out." Krystal looked at him in shock and puzzlement. Would he really do so? Somehow she doesn't doubt it.  "What's your real purpose of being here?"  "Okay. Let's go for another round. Date me."  He chuckled. "You are saying that with such confidence that it almost made me forget who was the one who was begging and using me for their own benefits not too long ago." Krystal winced. True. "Is there something you want in return? I can get it for you. You've seen it before." "Anything I want?" She nodded. "And all I need is to pretend?" She eagerly nodded. "Okay." Krystal wanted to jump out of joy but restricted herself. She wasn't stupid. The favor must be a big thing. He doesn't seem like a person who would just accept things so easily. "What's the catch?" He fake smiled. "How about you stop with the background check thing and I might be merciful enough to tell you beforehand." "How did you know?" "I think the real question is why would you do that?" He is playing with me. "You knew about that?" He hummed in comformation. "It was fun at first since it's been a long time since somebody tried to do that to me, so I let it be. But then he got daring. I don't like people who don't know their place." "So, you had something to hide?" Kai smirked. "I'm sure you do too." "Fair enough." "I'll be nice enough to hear your reasoning about this nonsense so take a chance. Depending on it I might even give you some advice." Krystal sighed.  "My sister has been rubbing it in my face how happy she is with her current boyfriend, my ex-boyfriend." She heard him laugh. "Don't you think this is a shallow thing to do in that situation then." If only you knew. "Will you or will you not help me." Kai stood there as if actually thinking about it, but in all honesty half past her talking he decided to help her out. Poor little thing really seemed to struggle with the sister. Kai doubted she was that bad but it's girls' pride in question so who could guess what's on their mind. Kai left her by herself while he went out the door so Krystal took a chance to look around some more. The room she was in at the moment gave of that cold feeling, all empty with barely any decorations or light. Even the number of paintings on the walls were cold and distant all in shades of green, blue and purple. "Get moving." Kai told her when he appeared again. "When are we having that meal again?" "I will arrange it for tonight." Krystal took out her phone and called her mother. "Mum how about we have family dinner tonight? I will introduce you to him properly this time." There was a pause on Krystal's end before she continued. "Yes, for real this time. He had something come up suddenly the last time." Another pause. "Don't worry about it. He promised me to come tonight." Krystal put her phone on speaker. "Here. He can hear you."  Kai looked at Krystal annoyed for putting him on a spot. Before he could speak ap Krystal's mother did. "Oh, stop it honey I will see you tonight." She hung up. "Is there something I should now before tonight?" Krystal looked at him as if he should've asked that earlier. "A lot. But let's talk about on the way to do some shopping." Kai looked at his fashion. "What's wrong with this?" He gestured to himself and Krystal stopped walking, taking a quick look at what she sees. Kai was wearing a turtleneck of a darker shade of green and black jeans, his hair back, with a black (leather she guesses) shoes. "Nothing. But you're usually my style. We need to change that." "So your type are bad boys?" Jessica's type is my type. "Just start the car."  "As you say."

___

"We are getting you a cozy, warm looking sweater and blue jeans with sneakers. Your hair is also going down."  "What are you trying to do?"  "You are going to look more approchiable." I also need to check if Jessica's style are really just my boyfriends or she just likes bad boys. Krystal went around, storming the store while Kai just took a step back and was sitting on a couch. All he could hear was 'we will take this and this and this and also.. oh yes this too.'

___

The next thing he knows Kai is in front of the house, about to meet them, his clothes long forgotten thanks to the play that is about to take place. When the door is opened he sees elderly man and woman. Kind looking couple with incredible presence. I guess it runs in the family.  He wasn't sure what to do after a greeting but he didn't even have to try. He is quickly assured to the living room by Krystal and the parents had no time to ask before they were already sitted. Krystal's father is a businessman, that much was obvious. The careful use of each word and
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter