Act Seven

Behind the Exodeux
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Act Seven

            People will think that he is the bad one, but actually, he just want to run away from his messy life. He lives from the fear and the blood from living human. To survive, he needs to ruin their life. At first, he didn’t think of having a new life. He ran away just to kill himself, because he knows that he couldn’t be a good guy. Instead of breaking anyone’s life, he is better to leave the world for good.

            And at the time he plans to do that, he met him. The guy comes to him with a smile on his face, offering hand to be hold by him. He is an angel, coming from above to save him, and thus he took his helping hand. He never regret the time when he got a new life, even though he knows it is not permanent.

He opens his eyes in the morning, yawning a little, before preparing to have another day. Another day is to be cherished every second. He tried his best to live in hidden, not to get into a commotion and make sure to enjoy it. That is why he chose to work in the night life. As the other people sleep, he started his life.

Having a new friend is just a bonus to him. Meeting Luhan is just an additional happiness to him. He knows what priorities are. Both of the angels of his life gave him a new life and he knows that he is not alone.

Thus he started to set everything right. To make everything right before he could give back his life he lends and dies for good. And to do that, it started from the guy in the living room.

“At least give me some food before you left” the guy glared at him while he is wiping his lips from the red liquid in the glass

            Xiumin nodded. He poured some red liquid to the glass and offered it to Number 07.

“What should I call you? I couldn’t just call you as Number 07, it sounds weird”

“I don’t want any name. We will be dead anyway, why bother to have one”

“Wow you are such a pessimistic guy!”

“From the one who always remind me of death as our future, thank you. Now release me”

            Number 07 lifted cuffed hand and glared at Xiumin who just chuckled and look for the key. He found it under the table then un-cuffed Number 07. The guy just glared at him before drink his meal in one gulp.

“I won’t thank you for that” Number 07 gave the empty glass back to Xiumin and offered his hand to be cuffed

Xiumin looked at the hand while is taking the glass. He thought hard before throwing the handcuff away. At the action, Number 07 widened his eyes in surprise, didn’t believe what he saw.

“It is not unfair if I am the only one who had a new life. I think you deserve one. So changes your clothes, we are going out”

“What the hell. You just asked me to go out with you? But I thought that you kidnapped me because you know I will kill your Luhan. You couldn’t just trust me and let me be free-“

“Oh, but I just”

“Yah, Code Number 99! This is why you always got manipulated! You trust people too much! It will lead you to your death sooner than it should be!”

“Aw, someone is worried at me? Don’t worry. You will save me, won’t you?”

            Number 07 glared at Xiumin who didn’t show any reaction unless laughing.

“I know you wouldn’t betray me. You are made to follow every order just like Number 04, unless you can talk. So, having you will be no problem for me. What are you waiting for? Change your clothes, better to wear caps or wigs. Or anything so you wouldn’t be look likes Luhan”

            Then Xiumin pushed the other guy to his room, trying all of his clothes before he is satisfied with the result. Number 07 ended up with a long hair wig and a hoodie. It is completed with oversized hoodie and tight pants. Just like Luhan, Number 07 has a nice figure. They could be mistaken as a woman easily.

            As Number 07 finished his look, Xiumin pack another blood in the bag and took a basket of fruit. Number 07 raised one of his eyebrows, is looking at Xiumin oddly. On the way getting out of the apartment, he then asked.

“Where are we going?”

“Visit someone in the hospital”

“Who?”

“My other-self”

***

“Tell them to stop it”

Jongdae raised one of his eyebrows “What? The siren? It is an ambulance, you couldn’t just tell them to stop” he nearly laughed if only the one who talk is not one of the serial murderer

“I will break it then” he continued

            Jongdae rolled his eyes, pulled something out of his bag and handed it to Chen.

“This is a headset. Wear it, or anything, just plugged your ears with something while I visit Donghae. You are not allowed to leave the car, you got it?”

Chen glared at the annoying ambulance which by now has left them in the parking lot, then turned around to Jongdae “Are you sure you are allowed to visit a patient then? You just came out from hospital yesterday!”

“And it reminds me who is responsible for that” Jongdae murmured in annoyance as he hit Chen’s baseball cap and made sure his face is not shown “If you do anything bad in my appearance, I will kill myself thus you don’t have any blood supply. So don’t do anything hasty, you got it?”

Chen smirked “Are you threatening me? You are not the only blood supply I have. I mean, I could just go to the blood bank and steal some, better to steal your identity as well because you are rich as f-“

Jongdae took out his pocket knife and raised one of his eyebrows to Chen. The other rolled his eyes and stole the pocket knife immediately. He seems surprised and annoyed at the same time.

“Tu es sérieux?” he grumbled “Fine. It is not like I will leave you anyway. Unless there is something really urgent, I won’t go anywhere. Now, go. The ambulance’s sirens are such a nuisance and now I also have to deal with a psychopath” he tightened his baseball cap and closed his eyes “Call me when you are done. I am going to sleep”

            Jongdae nodded, tried to take his knife back but Chen glared at him.

“Mine now. You are not allowed to have this kind of things. Go, before I change my mind and locked you in house instead” Chen hissed

            He couldn’t help not to laugh this time. Jongdae left the annoyed Chen alone and come up to the hospital. He is informed by Eunhyuk that Donghae has been moved to the ward. He took out his phone to check on the number and cursed himself for forgetting to charge his phone. The notification told him that the battery is critical.

            Just when the lift announces him that he is already in the desired floor, he heard someone argued. He frowned, thinking that might be good information as he recognized the deep voice is belonged to. He walks out from the lift and pretends to play with his phone.

“No- it is not about me, but try to think what will happen if hyung knows someone is trying to kill a police in front of our house? We need to explain why there are polices in front of our house at first, don’t you think so?”

            It is Chanyeol’s and his little sister, Joy.

Joy widened her eyes and gasped “You are so right oppa! If he knows that I witnessed a murder, he will forbid me going anywhere! Worst, I will be locked in the house! No! Then, what should we do? Sooner or later Leeteuk oppa will know about this from the CCTV, you know oppa often check them!”

            Leeteuk? He is sure that he reads the name somewhere.

“It is handled already” Chanyeol took out a small device from his pocket and told Joy “Thus why I need your help. I already made the fake one so what you need is to change it while I am not around. Hyung will not suspicious at you because you like to wander around-“

“Yah! Are you telling me that I am a rebel?”

“That is not the point even though I didn’t say no” Chanyeol chuckled and back to the point “-and while you are in the house, don’t forget to tell the officer in guard to stop coming to our house. I am afraid hyung will find out”

Joy pouted and nodded “Fine then. If it is not about me, I am pretty sure you are hiding something. Perhaps that beautiful guy visits our house again. Urgh, I miss him so much! Why did you even cut the contact with him? He seems nice and I definitely don’t mind to have him as my brother in Law. If I know Park effin’ Jungsoo a.k.a. Leeteuk hyung will tell dad, I won’t tell him”

“Language, sis”

But Joy just sticks out her tongue “But it is true!”

“You better go before hyung find out”

“Alright. Leeteuk oppa kills all the fun, bye!”

            The conversation ended just like that. Joy turned around and surprised to see Jongdae is behind her. He puts his phone back to the pocket and greets them. When he saw Chanyeol started to sweat, he knows that man didn’t ready for his question. But he won’t wait anymore.

“Good afternoon Detective Kim” Chanyeol and Joy greet at the same time

“Yeah, good afternoon” Jongdae smiled, glanced at Chanyeol before turning to Joy “Leaving already?”

            Joy nodded. She apologized before hurriedly leave them. When Joy disappeared into the lift, Jongdae turned to Chanyeol.

“I am sorry about your dad”

Chanyeol seems taken aback and said “Yeah, Officer Lee told me. But he didn’t leave me any memories, seems like I didn’t feel anything. So, I guess you have already known that I am adopted”

Jongdae nodded, leaned closer to whisper “-and also your little secret twelve years ago. Want to talk about it?”

            Chanyeol widened his eyes. He looked around in panic and noticed the camera on the alley. He asked Jongdae to follow him and both of them are going to the rooftop.

***

            It is unusually in the morning when Baekhyun decided to show any sign of life in the house. Not exactly in the morning as the sun has arisen up way above. But that doesn’t mean Baekhyun can’t enjoy the wind breeze.

He made sure that he wore cap, padding jacket, and oddly fake mustache, perfectly is hidden by a cheap material disguise. He set up his foot outside. He closed his eyes and took a deep inhaling completed with an exaggerating yawning, is enjoying the wind he took after a long lonely night. The worst and bloodiest, if he has to recall.

But let’s forget about it. Baekhyun hummed happily, took in the newspaper Kyungsoo always ordered in the morning and a box of milk aside, before turning back and enter the house. Well, that is the plan, before someone just stood up in front of him and took the milk instead.

Baekhyun raised one of his eyebrows, lifted his eyes to see the man who just blocked his sun rays. It turned out to be someone familiar, which he knows shouldn’t be there in front of him. Baekhyun widened his eyes, feels taken aback, before slipping on the door and falling on the floor while is opening the door itself.

There is Kris, which is as surprise as Baekhyun, who immediately hide behind the table and disappeared from the view. In the split of second, Baekhyun corrected his fake mustache, is making sure the thing is still there and cleared his throat immediately. He dusted his pants and stood up, trying hard to imitate someone as its best.

“Wh-who are you?” Baekhyun made his voice deeper, sounded to be years older than it should be then cleared his throat and added “What are you doing here, in front of my house? That should be my milk, thank you”

When Baekhyun said that, the man hurriedly handed the milk to Baekhyun and introduces himself “How rude I am! I am sorry, my name is Yixing. Zhang Yixing. I am the new neighbor here just rented the next door house for months, want to say hi” he offered his hand which only Baekhyun stared at

            Yixing feels embarrassed, but he knows for sure that he is a stranger. So he took his offering hand back and offered something else, a box of rice cakes with a warming innocent smile. Baekhyun likes the rice cake so much, so he unconsciously took it, even drools at it.

“It is not much, but hoping you like it sir” Yixing added awkwardly when Baekhyun opened the box in front of him and eat one of the rice cakes

            Right, Yixing waits for his name.

Baekhyun bit his lips and introduced himself “Just call me Mr. Byun, and thank you so much for this” he pointed at the rice cakes “So, urm-“

“Alright, I am sorry to bother you in the morning sir. Have a nice day, see you later!” Yixing got the clue like a crystal clear when he knows that Baekhyun didn’t want to talk

Baekhyun sighed in relief at first, but surprised later when Yixing just turned around once again to say “I know it is random, but you are oddly familiar sir. I think I have met you somewhere when I was teenager. Right! You are so look alike like a boy I bumped years ago in the orphanage!” when Baekhyun shows no expression, Yixing flushed in embarrassment “I am sorry I am blabbered. See you later sir!” then he bowed deeply and left Baekhyun dumbstruck there

            As Yixing entered his rented house, Baekhyun feels someone patted him on the shoulder. He turned around to see a tall man with a bird mask and that, seriously, almost make him have a heart attack. Baekhyun handed the rice cakes to Kris, closed the door, and hit him immediately.

“Hyung! I am just having a heart attack moments ago, don’t add anymore!” he protested

Kris giggled and imitated Baekhyun’s deep voice “I am sorry, he shouldn’t see my face so I need this”

“Stop it, it is embarrassing!”

“Yeah I know. I am having the second-hand embarrassment moments ago. So- who is he?”

“Yixing, Zhang Yixing. Oh my goodness, did you even listen to our story, hyung?”

Kris chuckled again and said “I think it is a no then, so- who is he?”

“He is the son of the Doctor who accused me to be crazy” Baekhyun answered “One of us who got kidnapped” he added, looked around, and whispered “-and Suho hyung’s fiancé”

Kris widened his eyes in surprised “Eh? We should tell Suho then”

“The thing is, we are better not”

“Why?”

“Yixing is clueless about us being a project, moreover the cloning things. For these years, Suho hyung hid from the world. And who do you think took his position as a fiancé? It’s none other than Head Police Kim Joonmyeon” Baekhyun explained “Yixing knows nothing about Suho. He only knows Head Police Kim Joonmyeon. And imagine that Suho hyung suddenly shows himself to his poor heart, what would it be mean? He will report us as a fraud and says bye to our freedom!”

“I still think that we should tell Suho about this” Kris argued

Baekhyun gasped, he stomped his feet in anger as he yelled in the house “There is no use talking to you. I should talk to Kyungsoo instead. Where is him? Kyungsoo-ah, where are you? Kyungsoo-ah-”

            Kris shrugged his shoulders. He went towards the window and slides the curtain slightly. He could see Yixing just went outside with his thick and luxury padding jacket.

            That made Kris frowned.

“That is why you are saved. Rich people are indeed different” he scoffed

***

            The rooftop seems to be a wise choice. There is no living creature here, literally no one, not even a bird or flying mosquitos. Perhaps because of cold temperature, or the windy weather, but once they are step on the rooftop, they know they will have private conversation there.

            Jongdae waited Chanyeol to check on every part of the rooftop, before he comes back to him and locked the door. Making sure that they are alone and the power poles are the only witness of their secret conversation. He sat on one of the blocks when Chanyeol remained stand up not that far from him so he can whisper all the words he could.

            Now Jongdae took a closer look on the other guy. Chanyeol indeed seems familiar to him. At their first meeting, he notices some of Chanyeol’s odd behavior. But now he has gotten some clues, he is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter