Small Steps

Pet Life

Yunho spent most of his day with Jongho in the dance studio practicing. Jongho once again brought Nugget with him. The little hamster scurried all over the ground and Yunho nearly stepped on him a few times. He started to get a little frustrated as he sighed heavily, taking a small break to drink some water. Jongho poured some water into the cap from his bottle and gave it to Nugget to drink. He cooed over how adorable it was while also drinking some water for himself. Yunho finally managed to muster up the courage to say something to Jongho in fear of pissing him off. “Can you please set Nugget in a specific area? I nearly stepped on him earlier and that’s why I wasn’t even in the right spot when we finished,” he explained while looking at Jongho with a serious expression. Jongho sighed and thought for a moment. He too had nearly stepped on Nugget a few times. “I suppose you’re right...but I don’t know where to exactly put him. Every time I leave him alone he gets sad so that’s why I bring him almost everywhere with me,” he said to Yunho as he held Nugget in his hands. Yunho sighed and sat down for a moment to think. How could Jongho keep Nugget in line while also still being able to bring the little fur ball along to practice? “You have a cage in your room where you normally keep him, right?” Yunho asked, an idea sparking in his head. Jongho simply nodded, tilting his head in questioning. “Maybe you can get a cage for him to put here in the studio so you can place him in there while still being able to bring him along,” he finally suggested. Jongho’s eyes sparkled with joy as he smiled. “That sounds great hyung!” he exclaimed. The two then set off to get a new cage, one that would sit perfectly in the corner of the studio where Nugget could still see Jongho and vice versa just like the cage in Jongho’s room. Jongho soon picked out a new cage that even had a wheel inside of it like the other one and once they got back, the two instantly found the perfect spot to put it. Jongho placed Nugget inside and the small hamster happily enjoyed the cage while the two boys set off to go back to practicing in pure bliss. Nugget ran in his little wheel inside the cage as the boys practiced, finally getting things right without fear of stepping on the hamster.