New Ground

Pet Life

Shiber jumped up into the bed and started to San’s face as the sun had just risen over the horizon. Small rays of light peeked into the room as Wooyoung covered his face with the covers more to keep the sunlight from his eyes. San groaned as Shiber kept his face and he slowly opened his eyes, seeing the puppy cutely perked up on top of his chest. Shiber let out a small bark and Wooyoung slightly jumped. Wooyoung sighed and smiled. “You really want us up, don’t you?” he asked the puppy as he simply tilted his head at Wooyoung. San slowly pulled Shiber down between him and Wooyoung. Shiber happily snuggled up between them with a tiny bark. San flinched at that bark and Wooyoung slightly laughed. Shiber wagged his tail back and forth as he playfully pawed at San’s face so he could wake up. “It’s too early Shiber,” San slowly groaned. Wooyoung giggled a little and slowly got up. “Come on Shiber, let’s get you some breakfast and let Sannie wake up so we can play afterwards,” Wooyoung declared as Shiber instantly followed him so he could be fed. San slowly woke up and walked down the hall. He peeked into the room, seeing Seonghwa, Hongjoong, and Snowball all snuggled up together. He smiled to himself and walked into the kitchen to see Wooyoung trying to find something to eat for himself while Shiber chowed down his food. Soon enough the two boys got some breakfast, eating together in silence before washing up the dishes afterwards. The small talk they had during washing the dishes soon got interrupted by Shiber playfully barking at them to come play with him. They both giggled and went to get somewhat decently dressed as they let Shiber out into the backyard. They played around for a little bit before San and Wooyoung decided to sit down for a small break. San sighed happily to which Wooyoung’s head tilted in question. “What’s got you so happy so early in the morning?” Wooyoung questioned. San laughed a little before responding, “Just Shiber being the best. Even better than you.” San giggled at his teasing toward Wooyoung while Wooyoung playfully acted shocked and lightly hit San’s arm. The boys both started to laugh and midway through, Wooyoung stopped and instead simply smiled as he looked at San. San kept on lazily throwing the ball for Shiber as Wooyoung looked on in sweet awe. His eyes gleamed with content and happiness as he leaned back in his chair to watch San playing with Shiber. Wooyoung knew that getting Shiber was a step in the right direction to getting even closer to San. He knew that he would take care of the dog alongside him no matter the outcome as he too also wanted a dog not just San. San stopped and looked over at Wooyoung, tilting his head as he asked, “What’s up Wooyoung? Why are you looking at me like that?” Wooyoung shook his head and shrugged, not bothering to answer as he couldn’t say anything just yet. He stood up and stepped back inside to grab some water to drink while thinking about going to the dance room. San and Shiber followed suit as San tried to shrug off the odd atmosphere he suddenly felt around Wooyoung. Was Wooyoung being too subtle on how to convey his feelings? Was San being too oblivious to the way Wooyoung would always stare at him longingly? It didn’t matter too much as the two decided it was around the time they went ahead to go off to the dance room together to work on some adjustments, happily petting Shiber goodbye for a little bit as the puppy took a nap in the bed while they were away. No matter what they were doing, whether it was dancing, performing on stage, playing games, or playing with Shiber, San always felt content and happy by Wooyoung’s side.