Welcome Kitty

Pet Life

 Seonghwa calmly read his book while sitting on the couch as rain poured down outside the building. Shortly after the storm starts to come down harder, he started to get worried as Hongjoong hasn’t come back to the dorm yet. He could only wonder where he could have gone as Hongjoong was only supposed to go to the store and back. Seonghwa set down his book, marking his page so he doesn’t get lost, and pulled out his phone almost ready to call Hongjoong as he paced back and forth in front of the couch. Right before pressing the call button, the door flung wide open and Hongjoong rushed inside. He was drenched from head to toe, carrying a few sacks and what also seemed to be something moving behind his coat. Seonghwa tilted his head before asking, “Where have you been?! You had me worried sick!” Seonghwa’s voice shook with grief. Hongjoong laughed a little before setting down the bags on the kitchen counter. Hongjoong took a deep breath before shakily answering. “Well you see, it started raining and I could barely get a taxi to notice me the harder it started to pour down so I kept running to try to make it back faster. But, there was something along the way that stopped me...and...oh, please don’t be mad Seonghwa-ssi! I couldn’t bare to see the poor thing alone in the cold rain like that,” Hongjoong exclaimed in explanation. Seonghwa was a little confused before his eyes widened while Hongjoong pulled out a small tiny white kitten from his coat. The kitten meowed and shivered a little as Seonghwa’s heart sank in his chest. “Oh the poor thing! Give it here,” he said as he slowly took the kitten away from Hongjoong. While Hongjoong put up some of the groceries from the store, Seonghwa went to the bathroom and grabbed a towel to dry off the wet kitten. Seonghwa chuckled to himself as the kitten shook its body after being dried off. Its fur purely white as snow poofed up a bit to make the kitten seem fluffier. The kitten’s bright crystal sea blue eyes looked up to Seonghwa as it purred, getting closer to him. Seonghwa smiled and held the kitten close while heading off to his room. Him and Hongjoong got ready for bed and as they laid down the kitten laid with Seonghwa. Hongjoong looked over and chuckled as Seonghwa spoke out, “We’re keeping her.”