Something Unlikely

Pet Life

Yeosang was outside in the backyard of the dorm flying around his drone Coco as Seonghwa came out to see what he was doing. As Seonghwa approached Yeosang, the drone almost hit Seonghwa in the face and Yeosang started laughing. “That’s why you don’t get in the way of Coco,” Yeosang said as he giggled savagely. Seonghwa rolled his eyes and shook his head with a sigh. “If you like things that fly so much, you might as well get a bird,” Seonghwa stated as he sat down in one of the lawn chairs to watch Yeosang. Yeosang stopped for a moment before shrugging a little at the idea. “Maybe...that doesn’t sound too bad. Maybe it’ll be funny if it gets stuck Mingi’s hair,” Yeosang said with a small laugh. Seonghwa lightly chuckled and replied, “Or maybe it’ll just be a nice companion for you besides being lonely with just your drones.” Yeosang scoffed and shook his head. “Me? Lonely with just the drones? Never,” he said in disgust. Yeosang landed his drone right on top of Seonghwa’s head and said, “However, the idea isn’t that bad.” Seonghwa sighed with the drone on his head and simply closed his eyes to ‘relax’ a little. Yeosang took his drone back inside into his room and set it down before getting ready to go to the pet store. Mingi walked in and tilted his head in question. “Where are you going?” he asked as he walked over to Yeosang. “To the store. Wanna come with?” he asked, looking up at Mingi. Mingi agreed and the two set off. Once at the pet store, Mingi lit up as he went inside faster than Yeosang did. Mingi looked around at all sorts of different kinds of pets before landing around the lizard section, meanwhile Yeosang was looking at the birds. Mingi looked around and saw a chameleon, almost instantly falling in love as he picked it up with a wide smile on his face. While Yeosang wasn’t looking he quickly adopted the chameleon and named her Camille before telling the store owner that he’d be back for a tank and other stuff later. As Camille blended into Mingi’s clothing while resting on his shoulder, Yeosang didn’t realize she was even there as Mingi stood next to him. “You should get a parrot if you’re getting a bird. That way you can actually talk to it and get a response unlike with your drones,” Mingi said before getting a small slap on the arm by Yeosang. He huffed and thought about it for another moment before nodding in agreement. “Ah yes..a parrot...I can annoy even Hongjoong-hyung with something like that,” he said as he looked at a specific parrot in one of the cages. He got one of the staff to help him, soon fully adopting the parrot. Once both of them were back in the dorm, Camille was revealed on Mingi’s shoulder and Yeosang nearly had a heart attack. “When did you get that?!” He asked in surprise. Mingi laughed and responded while holding Camille, “I got her while you were looking at the parrots. She must’ve been camouflaged this whole time and just got comfy with me. Isn’t she the cutest?” Yeosang sighed and rolled his eyes at Mingi before setting up his cage with the parrot inside. “Can you believe him parrot?” he said, speaking to the bird before being interrupted once again by Mingi. “What did you name it?” he asked. Yeosang looked at Mingi puzzled by the question. “Why would I name it? It’s just here for my amusement,” he answered as the parrot instantly cawed back the word amusement at the two boys. Yeosang and Mingi both laughed before Mingi went off back to the store to get stuff for Camilee, leaving Yeosang to get used to having a pet bird. Yeosang smirked to himself while looking at the bird, knowing he was going to have a fun time with the parrot.