08. Hearts On Fire

Silhouette
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

08.  Passenger - Hearts on Fire w/ Ed Sheeran

Author's note: Hi my people xD Before u guys throw rocks and bread at me, I just want to say I had so much fun on my month-long vacation in my home country the Philippines but I still missed you all no doubt so here I am ;P Murdering me would do no good, I assure you! Lol okay, so Idk if this chapter is IT! but I'm hoping it is. So, in that case, please leave me wonderful comments, critiques, anything you just want to throw at me. I'll even be grateful if you guys tell me how your summer went :D So pls pls pls? Communicate with me! *desperation mode*

PS. Listen to it!

Yonghwa settled his guitar on the floor and sat next to Jonghyun, who kept strumming his guitar undisturbed. "So... how's practice going?" he asks.

Jonghyun didn't even bother to look or acknowledge his presence, which meant something was wrong with his friend's mood. 

He tried again. "Did something happen?"

Finally, Jonghyun turned to him with a stoic look. "Where have you been? Oh, wait, the wrong question. Where have you been these past two weeks? Have you forgotten that we have the performance we need to prepare for, or is your new girlfriend more important now?"

Yonghwa frowned almost immediately. New girlfriend? He knew he'd miss some practice of their band performance for the music festival, but it was all because he was busy helping Juhyun and receiving help from her for his classes too... Jonghyun must be out of his mind. "You can't be serious. It's not like you don't know what I've been up to, Lee Jonghyun. I don't even have time breathe properly and here you are spitting nonsense out of nowhere. Seo Juhyun is my friend, period."

Jonghyun smirked at him. "Whatever. Make sure you fully convince yourself that because obviously, I'm not. Also, tell your friend Juhyun, not to take all your hours away because your other friend name Jonghyun needs you to practice with him too, alright?"

This time, he's the one to smirk, but Jonghyun practically just beamed back at him. "Shut up. And stop acting like a jealous girl, Lee Jonghyun. It's disgusting." 

Jonghyun grinned. "At least, I'm not in denial." 

"Just practice, will you? You're wasting time with your nonsense. I have better things to do than listen to you."

Jonghyun chuckled. "Look at you being so excited to end practice just to see your new friend," he said emphasizing the words in the end.

"Cut it out, punk. We agreed not to meet today so I can make up for practice, satisfied?"

"Ah... Well, I guess, I should apologize that you won't be seeing each other, huh." Jonghyun laughed mischievously. "My bad."

With a frustrated sigh, Yonghwa chose to just ignore his relentless friend and ped his guitar from the case and started strumming some chords. There was no point in going further with Jonghyun's childish remarks or they might just end up wasting time with the nonsense conversation. It was the last hour of the school and he and Jonghyun had been fortunately exempted from school activities to practice and he didn't want to waste it. 

All of a sudden, Jonghyun turned to him again, this time with a steady expression. "You know, I think... Seo Juhyun is not bad, Yonghwa. It's not hard to be happy if you really want to. Maybe she can be that person to you. Not everyone is the same. Not everyone will hurt you".

Yonghwa is dumbfounded for a moment. Amidst the things Jonghyun said, something among them hit him straight in the guts. 

Maybe she can be that person to you. 

"It's not going to happen again, Jonghyun. She can never be that person," he said, turning away. 

No one knew about her. No one knew about the girl who saved his life once. Anyway, she doesn't exist anymore. 

"I didn't say she can be Ji-Eun. I'm saying she can be good for you."

"Good?" Even hearing her name made him somehow unsettled.

Jonghyun smiles. "Yes. Like the kind of good that makes you happy."

Yonghwa didn't say any more, tangled in the thought of Juhyun's smile and the little girl in his dreams.

A while later, another student name Jung Jinwoon stopped by the music room and delivered a message from their homeroom teacher Mrs. Park telling him to drop by their classroom along with Seo Juhyun. 

"Does Juhyun know about this already?" he had asked Jinwoon. 

Jinwoon told him she did and told her to meet there. 

After Jinwoon left, he had noticed Jonghyun give him a knowing look as if he knew something Yonghwa didn't and just smiled and mumbled to himself, which Yonghwa happened to have heard. Words along, he got it bad, and it annoyed the hell out of him the rest of practice. 

 

Juhyun stood nervously beside Jung Yonghwa as they waited for Mrs. Park to arrive after being informed that she wanted to see them together after school.

She knew they weren’t exactly in trouble but at the same time, she couldn’t help but squirm thinking of the possibilities. After all, there was so much to prepare in the future such as the music festival, the upcoming finals for the semester, and the pending of her heart being broken. 

It was a ridiculous thought, actually, about her heart being broken when it wasn’t whole, to begin with.

She suddenly feels a nudge in her shoulder and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter