02. Collide

Silhouette
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

              (Click please)

         02. Collide

 



Why she ran back to him that night, she doesn't fully know. All she could remember was running as fast as she could with a heart that didn't seem to belong to her anymore. At that time, it had seemed like nothing mattered anymore. Not even the thought of maybe losing her sanity in the process.

 

Still, while daydreaming, someone nudged her arm that caused her to flinch. "Wake up, princess!" A snap of a finger appeared in front of her.

 

She blinked twice unconsciously turning her head on the side. "Good Morning!" She greeted, trying not to sound daze, still.

 

A boy name Cho Kyuhyun flashed an uneasy smile. "Good morning to you, too. Aren't you a little too early to be daydreaming?" He asked, studying her.

 

"Oh. I was just thinking about something. Don't mind me."

 

They looked at each other both unconvinced. "Okay... if you say so. But where's Yoona?"

 

"She's not here yet. Probably late again. Do you want to go first? I can wait for her."

 

Kyuhyun smiled brightly nudging her. "No way. I'll stay here with you. Besides, you might need help hauling her to class."

 

She laughs, nodding. "You might be right."

 

"By the way, where were you yesterday? We were looking for you."

 

"Oh..." she trails off and unconsciously ran her fingers through her straight long brown hair smoothing it out slowly, nervous. "You were? I was in the library finishing something. Then I went home straight. " She finishes looking somewhere else.

 

Her friend Kyuhyun let out a short laugh, knowing her. "Really... you need lessons to learn how to lie, Juhyun-ah. Do I need Yoona here to make you talk, huh?"

Finally, she turns to him, surrendering with a small smile. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to. It was just.." She suddenly froze with the words stuck in when she catches a glimpse of the figure standing in front of them.

 

Jung Yonghwa stood there, hands on his pockets with the same blank expression he wore everywhere.

 

Juhyun turns her gaze on him, dumbfounded. She feels her heartbeat take its pace, once again. The moment takes over her like drifting in a dream.

 

Fortunately, Kyuhyun cleared his throat and nudge her into reality, or else she would be lost in his presence, again. "Yonghwa-ssi" Kyuhyun speaks in recognition, standing up from his seat. "What brought you here? Do you need anything?"

 

Yonghwa turned to Seohyun. "I was just wondering if I could borrow Juhyun-ssi for a moment if you don't mind, Kyuhyun-ssi," Yonghwa spoke politely.

 

"Oh.." Kyuhyun turned to look at Juhyun. "Is it okay?"

 

She was in a daze for a moment. "Uhm, is there something wrong, Yonghwa-ssi?"

 

"I just need to talk to you for a moment, Juhyun-ssi. Is that okay?"

 

"Uh - yes. It's okay.." she answers.

 

As if knowing his cue, Kyuhyun excused himself. "I'll wait for Yoona by the gate. See you later, Juhyun-ah." He gave Yonghwa a polite bow and dashed off, leaving them alone.

 

They both stood awkwardly facing each other with enough distance between them, to Juhyun's relief.

 

"I just wanted to ask when can we start, Juhyun-ssi. We can go by your schedule. It's not a problem." Yonghwa says, finally breaking the ice.

 

"Uhm, okay. We can start this afternoon if you're free, Yonghwa-ssi." She responds trying to avoid his eyes as much as possible fidgeting with her fingers. She didn't want to be trapped by his eyes - not when she has to draw a line between them.

 

"After school?"

 

"Yes. That is if..."

 

"Okay. I said we'd go by your schedule, so... okay!" He flashes a small smile but she doesn't see it, not when she's busy looking at her shoes.

 

"Um, if that's what you want, Yonghwa-ssi," she said, eyes traveling, waiting for him to excuse himself so she could start breathing normally again.

 

"Uh, Juhyun-ssi?" Yonghwa suddenly snaps a finger in front of her to catch her attention.

 

She stiffens finally meeting his eyes, somewhat playful. "Am I making you that uncomfortable?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter