05. Sort Of

Silhouette
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

05.  Ingrid Michaelson - Sort Of

 

 

Juhyun stood against the wall her body rigid and her heart thumping inside her as if desperate to run away. But turning and running away was not an option anymore especially when there was nowhere to run to. She was standing in a dead end and the only exit is where Jung Yonghwa stood with another student, specifically a girl, Hwang Tiffany.

 

She'd known Tiffany to be the prettiest in the campus when she transferred to the school at the start of High School coming from the states. Everyone was mesmerized by her and she was too, though she admired her beauty like everyone else, she admired her more by her uplifting personality. She was kind and humble as a person. No wonder Yonghwa's always been close to her.

 

Though the only thing she really knows about them is that Yonghwa is different around Tiffany. He looks relaxed, comfortable, and even happy. People always speculated their relationship with each other but they always denied it and it was at least believable to others when Yonghwa dated different girls. But not to her. She knew what they had been something different from all the girls he dated.

 

Juhyun felt a pang of guilt as she watched them converse with each other so easily. They were so perfect together. Her long dark brown curls fell on her shoulder gracefully as she stood facing Yonghwa, a smile radiating her beauty reaching to her crescent eyes.

 

She turned to the empty dead end of the hallway and sighed. Kyuhyun would be waiting for her at the front gate so they could visit Yoona as planned, but how in the world would she be able to pass by them without getting noticed?

 

There was no other way, she realized as she mentally prepared herself. She felt the usual nerve-wracking feeling inside her as she started to walk forward keeping her eyes low, half walking - half running, as if they didn't exist.

 

"Juhyun-ssi!"

 

She stopped but didn't turn around, hating herself in the process. She already stood a good distance away from them so when he didn't say any more, she started walking away again.

 

This time more hurried than before. The memory from the other day when he asked her to be his friend played vividly inside his head; a basket of emotions whirling inside him.

 

She walked forward reaching Kyuhyun who was smiling at her as usual. "What happened to you?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

 

She finally grasped in control and smiled at him. "Sorry. I had to drop by in my locker. Did you wait long?"

 

His smile lit up. "It's okay. I called Yoong that we would be stopping by. Do you want to stop by a store to buy something we could bring to her? She was complaining how auntie wouldn't fill her enough food" he laughed.

 

Juhyun laughed with him and nodded. "I'm sure that's all the reason she needs us, Kyu. Let's go? We wouldn't want to make her wait."

 

Kyuhyun nodded smiling as they started walking. "I heard you're presenting your class for the music festival"

 

Juhyun sighed, remembering. "Yes. But really, I don't anything about music, Kyu. I don't know what to do."

 

Kyuhyun chuckled. "Yeah, you do! Remember when we went to noraebang with Yoona? Just the three of us? You got the best score out of all us! Yoona was even furious that I beat her, remember?"

 

Juhyun smiled remembering a little about how they all had fun that time but still felt unease about herself. "That was just pure luck! You were a little out of yourself so I won. It doesn't count Kyu. Jung Yonghwa is..." she trails off when she notices Kyuhyun stop at his tracks which made her stop too.

 

As she looked back at him she caught the concern in his eyes. "I'll be at the competition too. I can help you out if you want." He smiled a little. "Will you let me?"

 

She nodded adding a small smile. "Thanks. I wouldn't know what to do without you and Yoona, you know." And it was true. Im Yoona and Cho Kyuhyun have always been there for her.

 

They've always been inseparable. Besides having her parents, Yoona and Kyuhyun were like the siblings she never had.

 

She smiled up to him tugging him in the arm to go on while her own mind wandered around the scene she saw just a moment ago.

 

She reminded herself once again that jealousy wasn't for her, especially when it came to Jung Yonghwa. But still, it didn't help to ignore the pain.

 

The day after... Saturday

 

Yonghwa stared blankly at the pale blue sky above him wondering what the hell was he doing at Seo Juhyun's doorstep this early morning when it's Saturday and he obviously doesn't have any reason to be there or to see her.

 

The only thing he really has in mind is finding out what happened yesterday when called her out and he saw her stop but instead she seemed to have ignored him. It bothered and annoyed him at the same time especially when he followed her only to find her running to Cho Kyuhyun.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter