04. Fearless

Silhouette
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

04.  Fearless  - Colbie Caillat

(Go on... go on and break my heart. I'll be okay I'm fearless: A song that I'll forever remember.)

 

"Where's your guitar?" Jonghyun asked, not bothering to look at him as he continued strumming his guitar.

 

Yonghwa settled on the floor, grabbing some notes from his bag and handed them to Jonghyun.

 

Jonghyun reached for them eyeing him. "You never go anywhere without it, so..." His friend looked at him waiting for an answer.

 

Though he didn't feel like giving him one, he knew Jonghyun. He wasn't a nosy friend but curiosity always gets ahead of him and he wouldn't stop until he knows. "Seo Juhyun has it."

 

Jonghyun laughed. "Since when?"

 

Yonghwa just ignored him. "Those are the notes I finished yesterday for the music festival. I suggest we practice them."

 

Jonghyun didn't budge and continued to stare and Yonghwa didn't have a choice. "Just last night... It was raining so I asked her if she could hold on to it. She promised to bring it today. Happy?"

 

Jonghyun nodded, smiling as he turned away. "Is it that painful to be away from it just overnight?"

 

Yonghwa lifted his chin, turning to the ceiling. "Shut up. It's not that..." he trails off, not exactly sure what exactly was wrong with him.

 

"Then what?"

 

"Nothing."

 

"Nothing actually means a lot of things, especially the way you look right now. What is it?"

 

"I don't know... Maybe its because I didn't expect her to be so..."

 

"To be what?"

 

"I don't know --to be the way she is? I can't explain it. Hell, I could barely even understand myself, but there's just something... I don't know what it is..." he trails off.

 

"Don't tell me she reminds you of--"

 

"No --no --not like that. She can never be."

 

They were both silents for a moment until Jonghyun decided to speak again. "She's different, yes. But that doesn't mean she's an exception, Yonghwa."

 

"I don't know but it’s like--" Yonghwa stopped midway as he heard footsteps from behind and he turns around.

 

"Juhyun-ssi..." Jonghyun spoke first.

 

Juhyun politely bowed to them. "I'm sorry for interrupting. I knocked a few times but... I just came to drop Yonghwa-ssi's guitar. I thought you might need it!" she finished hastily, handing the guitar to Yonghwa.

 

Yonghwa stood on his feet taking it from her. "You didn't have to Juhyun-ssi. I was going to find you anyway, but thank you for bringing it."

 

"Then... I'll be going now, Yonghwa-ssi, Jonghyun-ssi" she bowed once again before turning around to walk away.

 

"I'll see you later, right?" Yonghwa suddenly called out to her making her stop on the doorway.

 

Juhyun turned around, giving him a nod before leaving.

 

Yonghwa sighed, feeling his frustration rising, and not knowing exactly where it's coming from. He turned back to Jonghyun, who seems to be enjoying his friend's frustration.

 

The bell rang.

 

"I'm guessing practice is off again today. Just don't forget to ask your helper to make time for practice for the music festival, Yonghwa." Jonghyun mused, gathering his things standing and walking past Yonghwa without waiting for his answer. "See you at lunch."

 

He sighed once again before leaving the music and heading out to his own classes where Juhyun would also be present. Not that he minded before nor when they were still young. But this time, somehow seemed different.

 

Because now, he's forced to recognize her, know that she doesn't just exist but she's also become part of his life now, somehow, somewhat; and he didn't know yet how to cope with it. 

 

 

 Before entering the class on the first bell, Juhyun felt a grip on her arm stopping her.

 

"Juhyun-ah!" It was Kyuhyun.

 

"What's wrong? Did something happen?" Juhyun asked, worried.

 

Kyuhyun stared at her for a moment as if thinking, and then he spoke, "I've been calling you from behind since you came out of the music room to tell you something, but it seems like you couldn't hear me. Are you okay? Is something bothering you?"

 

"Oh. I'm sorry I didn't hear you. What were you going to tell me?"

 

"Hey, I asked first! Are you okay?"

 

"Yes," she lied adding a small smile, hoping that her friend would just her off just this once.

 

Kyuhyun nodded slowly. "Okay, if you say so. But-"

 

"So what were you going to tell me?"

 

"Oh, that! Yoona won't be able to make it to school today. She caught a cold yesterday, so she probably won't be here for a couple of days. She was going to call you, but your mom answered the phone saying you left it at home so she called me instead. Also, I won't be able to join you for lunch today too because I have a science lab I have to finish. Are you going to be okay alone? Or maybe I can do it after-"

 

Juhyun cut him off, as he seems to run out of breath. "It's okay, Kyu! Your lab is important. Besides, I'm not a baby that you have babysit, you know. I can handle 30 minutes of being alone, so don't worry."

 

"Really?" He looked disappointed.

 

Juhyun nodded, smiling for the sake of her friend's comfort. "Of course!"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter