01. How to save a life

Silhouette
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Click on the title and listen:D

01. How to save a life

 


Seo Juhyun stood leaning against the wall, frozen; her heartbeat was increasing rapidly by the minute. She wants to turn around and just walk away but her feet seemed to be rooted on the ground; her heart refused to move all the same. It's stubborn - no, actually, it's more than that. It's beyond under her control whenever a certain boy is around. As long as he is in her sight, she loses control.

 

Juhyun hates it and she wants to hate him, too, but how can she?

 

Jung Yonghwa has always been her dream, never reality because he's too good to be true.

 

A pang of guilt comes over her for eavesdropping, but she couldn't help it as it concerned him so without much fight, she stays.

 

"Jung Yonghwa, I don't know what is wrong with you, but this can't go on like this. This has to stop," The teacher said seriously, looking directly at the student with his head bowed down. "You're a senior now and no matter what, I won't let you fail this year, you understand?"

 

The student name Jung Yonghwa finally looks up, expressionless. "I understand, Miss Park. I'll do my best. Can I go now?" he asks with an urge, but the teacher ignored him.

 

"I'll assign someone to tutor you so I have the guarantee that you won't fail me, got it?" It was more a statement than a question.

 

"But- I..."

 

"No buts."

 

He stood up and nodded. With that, Juhyun knew it was her cue to go as panic slowly started to creep into her. She can't be caught so she went, half walking, half running.

 

On her way, it was no question that she was thinking about him again. Jung Yonghwa was in trouble again, no doubt. But wasn't he always? Maybe the difference this time is that it's much worse because his future is at stake and it made her worried and sad. He has to graduate, she thought. No matter what.

 

Juhyun headed to the library as usual. Her daily routine wasn't yet ruined. She could still do her homework ahead everyone else, study for the rest, and head home. Maybe if she was lucky enough, Jung Yonghwa might still be in the mood to stop by in the library, too. After all, he hasn't missed a day of visit according to Juhyun's record.

 

Until now, Juhyun still didn't understand why Jung Yonghwa came to the library every day without missing a day. She knew well he wasn't the type to read, even more, to study. So why come to just to do nothing? Most of all, why drive someone innocent, like Juhyun, to her insanity with his presence? It was already enough torture that to him, she didn't exist at all. They belong in different worlds. Amidst that reality, there was a time when she desperately wanted to satisfy her curiosity and just ask him.

 

In Juhyun's world, Jung Yonghwa is the boy she sat next to in kindergarten up until freshman in high school. In high school, though they sat far from each other they still had the same classes in every subject (much to Juhyun's's unwanted fortune) and yet it seems like she was the only one to notice.

 

They were the opposite of each other. He liked to sleep in class while she did all her work ahead of everyone else. He had friends (so many of them, Juhyun could barely count) while she only had two (Yoona and Kyuhyun). She passed every year of their school year with flying colors while he had barely passed every time. She'd never experienced what it's like to be in a relationship while for him, it was like changing clothes, one after another. They were that and more different from one another.

 

So the only question now is that, how the hell did she end up falling for a guy like him?

 

6:30 pm

 

Juhyun sighed as she saw the last student leave the library. The librarian is already tidying up so she decided to head out first, packing everything into her bag.

 

Jung Yonghwa didn't come; that much disappointed her. Maybe he already found a tutor, she thought, and walked her way home deciding that she would stop by at the park near her house just to get fresh air.

 

She stopped abruptly a few steps away from the bench she was heading to when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter