06. Wonderwall

Silhouette
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

06. Wonderwall Cover by Ed Sheeran

 Author's note: So, long time no see eh? I know you guys have waited for so long, well, excluding my new (overwhelming) subscribers, but nonetheless, I'm glad that you've waited for this far for this story! I really appreciate it xD Anyway, the sole reason why I put this story in 'subs only' is because I was really curious as to how many people read my story and not because I wanted to get more subs, honestly. At the same, I could monitor just how many ignores to comment lol. Ok, I'm sorry but I can't help but feel disappointed by the lack of commenting of my readers. I was happy with so many readers but I think I'd be happier if people took time and let me know that all my hard work wasn't going to waste. I won't force you guys, of course, but as the author, I thought I at least had the right voice out my own thoughts. I hope you guys don't misunderstand. 

Anyway, away from my dramas, happy reading folks!

 

Juhyun feels her frustration rising as she stared at the book in front of her unable to comprehend the words. It’s as if the words melted into something indefinite and unknown. Nothing seems to register in her head, but the memory of Jung Yonghwa’s eyes soft brown eyes and the feeling of getting lost in them in the process. It seems to her, she hasn’t found her way back yet.

There is no doubt she had lost her mind. She was seeing things through him; feeling them as if they were real and not just something she imagined.

She shook her head again for the umpteen time of the day, trying to wash her thoughts away from him. She’s thinking too much, that’s all.

For some distraction, Juhyun moved her gaze to the person seating next to her, Yoona. She watched Yoona concentrate on the book she was reading. They were in the library of the school and she was supposed to be helping Yoona study for her upcoming test as a senior student. But instead, Juhyun felt guilty that she was the one who lacked concentration.

And as if sensing Juhyun, Yoona turned to her. “Is there something wrong, Juhyun-ah?”

She shook her head and said, “I’m fine, unnie, just a bit tired that’s all.”

Yoona closed her book and looked at her. “You should go home. I’ll be fine by myself here.”

“But I haven’t—“

Yoona cut her off and smiled at her lightly. “You obviously need time alone right now. You’ve been busy studying, preparing for the music festival, and of course, tutoring Jung Yonghwa for the past few weeks that I barely got to ask how you are doing with your favorite person being so close to you and all. I know you, Juhyun-ah, and I know those kinds of feelings aren’t easy to handle all by yourself, so don’t. I’m here, and I know when you’re ready, you’ll tell me right?”

Juhyun just nodded with a small grateful smile. “Thank you, unnie…” She stood on her feet and gathered her things.

“Be careful on your way, alright?” Yoona reminded her. She nodded at her with a small smile before making her way out.

Juhyun stopped on her feet the moment she reaches the front porch of the library as she saw the drizzling rain coming down from the sky. Without much thought, she extended her arm and opened her palm to touch the fine rain.

“It wasn’t your fault, child… It was an accident.”

The drizzle sent sullen memories of the past to her, and sometimes, just sometimes she wished they didn’t hurt as much anymore. She realized she was closer to her dream than ever before, but just like everything else, she also realized there was a catch to it and eventually the catch would hurt her and that dream. She doesn’t know if she will

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter