Staring at him

Baekhyun oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“You should stop staring at him before it becomes obvious,” Jennie whispered into her ear. “I am supposed to stare at him. Everyone is. He is an actor.” She whispered back and hit her best friend on the head. “I know. But people are staring at him, but you are staring at him.” Her cheeks colored pink clearing understanding what Jennie meant. She was too engrossed in looking at him. Baekhyun’s acting was very appealing to emotions. He was a good singer, good dancer, amazing actor, brilliant in academics, in a nutshell, he is perfect. She was one of the girls who had a huge, huge crush on him. But he being her best friend’s brother was the best thing that happened to her.

She got to see him every day, talk to him every day and stare at him every day. She really hoped he didn’t notice how she couldn’t stop looking at him but at the same time look away before it gets creepy. She loved his cute rectangular toothy smile, his glimmering eyes, his everything. She wished that he noticed it but at the same time he didn’t. The thought that one-sided feelings could be so hard to bear never crossed her mind. She really wanted this to happen but she couldn’t take a risk. If it doesn’t go well, it could affect her friendship with Jennie whom she didn’t want to lose.

The musical just ended, making everyone give the performance standing ovation, and it deserved it. How Baekhyun managed to perform during the weekends and study? It was beyond her ability to comprehend. After the performance ended, she and Jennie visited him (one of the privileges of being friends with Jennie). Jennie’s best friend stood shyly behind her afraid that the ‘star’ of the performance will notice her. “You were awesome, bro.” Jennie hugged her brother making the male ruffle her hair. “I am the best.” He winked at her making his sister smacking his arm playfully. “That’s why I don’t compliment you. You start making con-”

“Hi.” Baekhyun noticed the shy female who was now suddenly too scared to look into his eyes. “Hi.” Her breath hitched in making it a bit difficult for her to speak with him. She drowned in those eyes, swimming in them and then regaining her consciousness. “You were r-really good. You did great.” Her racing heart didn’t stop her from complimenting him for his skills. “Not really. I am still trying to be better. Thanks for attending the musical.” He rubbed his nape and smiling at her. Jennie winked at her best friend making her glare at her.

 

“That is so unfair.” She punched Kai in his gut making him wince. “You are so out of our friend circle.” Jennie kicked Kai in his shin and pulled her best friend in a protective hug. “Girls are mean.” Kai pulled their hair making them immediately regret their decision of befriending him. The three of them were together since the first year of college. It was a group of three people just staying friends, well, that was until Kai and Jennie fell in love. Cliché. And obviously, their common friend was their biggest shipper. She would often third wheel deliberately and sometimes she regretted it (they are wild). “We need to go.” Jennie tried to pull Kai to his feet but he pulled her down, making her fall on him. He pulled her in for a sweet kiss making a third presence in the room cringe. “Stop making out in front of a single woman.” She threw a pillow at the couple making them laugh. “We’ll be back soon. I hope you spend a nice time with your sweetheart while I spend some time with mine.” Kai pinched her cheeks making her pout. She sometimes felt like she was their adopted daughter or something.

She stared at the ceiling, her body sprawled on the bed. There was nothing to do. It was her best friend’s house and she did have the liberty to do a lot of things but the fact that Baekhyun was breathing the same air as she was, was holding her back. She was planning on staying in Jennie’s room until she comes. Facing the most handsome guy in the world was not in her to-do list today. Her string of thoughts was broken by the sharp knocks on the door. She quickly sat up on the bed, straightening her dress and checking her appearance before she opened the door. There stood Baekhyun. His presence was strong and brightening. His cologne was different now, he smelled like strawberries. “Hi.” And there it was his signature smile that was the source of the world’s joy. “Are you free? The tap in the balcony

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter