I love you and Happy New Year

Baekhyun oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She was an outcast. She had always been. She was like the moon among the stars. You could see the moon in the dark sky but choose to ignore it and instead, the glimmering stars are what people love. Like the moon, she is always there; sometimes in the corner of the room or at the library, into the books when the people are gossiping. She was different from the others. She hated the crowd and would enjoy her own skin. Being alone was not that bad but being lonely was. Her brown eyes would always look at others with envy. Wishful thinking was an activity all too familiar to her. She was used to being the moon but it all changed when the sun came.

Baekhyun was the exact opposite of her. And that’s what birthed the interest in her. Suddenly, she was the talk of the whole college. He would follow her everywhere; try to talk to her, sit with her and whatnot to unfold the enigmatic ‘outcast’. She didn’t like him following her everywhere. He was just stuck to her hip and she hated the fact he was acting like her shadow but that warmth, the memories, the…feelings she experienced whenever she was with him, she couldn’t get rid of them. She grew too attached to him. She was adamant on not being with him but she missed him. He was like a teddy bear she wanted to keep with her all the time.

She was sensitive. That’s what she hated about herself the most. Consequentially, when she heard everyone talking about her, she freaked out. Her ears always heard the whispers of the students when she walked through the crowd. It was as if everyone wanted her to hear them talk. And what they spoke sounded the truth to her. Of course, they shouldn’t be together; He’s the popular guy on the campus and she is a nobody. That’s what she heard them say and no matter how much she yearned to be with him, she started agreeing with the whispers.

Baekhyun started to miss her laugh. He missed her rambling on and on about her studies, he missed her glasses, he missed the tiny mole on her collarbone, he missed her cheeks that colored pink whenever he stared at her. He missed her. He couldn’t get why she wouldn’t look at him. She would always run away whenever he called her name or when she spotted him from far. She would not pick up his calls or meet him. She was avoiding him and he hated that. He wanted to be with her, he wanted to make her laugh and smile, he wanted to hug her and tell her that it will be fine but it was clear that she didn’t want to be with him. But Baekhyun wouldn’t keep silent. He wanted answers. So he finally found a way to get to her and it wasn’t exactly ethical.

She hated parties. People getting drunk and couples grinding, sure! Sounds fun. These were the parties her neighbor liked. The music was so loud that she couldn’t even hear her own voice. She really couldn’t blame anyone. It was New Year’s Eve and everybody was celebrating to welcome the New Year and here she was alone. Being alone in an apartment was her decision. She was the one who didn’t want any roommate in her apartment, so here she was alone. No friends and no boyfriend, sounds good to celebrate New Year, doesn’t it? She thought in her head. Her family was travelling to America

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter