Chapter 2

Risky Business
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyong hid under the covers, trying to block the blinding sunlight. He wasn't ready to wake up but he knew he had to soon. Jaehyun was still asleep and his arms were still wrapped around the celebrity; Taeyong wanted to stay like this forever.

He arose from under the covers and shifted, trying to wake up the bodyguard. Jaehyun groaned and rubbed his eyes, shifting his attention to his lover next to him.

"Tae?" His voice was raspy from sleep. He removed his arm to rub at his eyes.

Taeyong snuggled closer to Jaehyun. "I have to go soon before my manager finds out," he said with a hint of sadness. Jaehyun leaned closer to the sulking celebrity and gave him a kiss on the cheek. He pulled away and smiled.

"What?" Taeyong said with a pout. 

Jaehyun shook his head, smiling even wider at how cute his boyfriend look at the moment. "Nothing. You're just beautiful under the sunlight."

Taeyong wanted to throw up. It was too early for Jaehyun's cheesiness but he would be lying if he said he didn't love it. He bit back teasing the older and instead hugged Jaehyun a little tighter before getting out of bed. Taeyong grabbed his robe that was left on the armchair and put it on, walking over to the bodyguard's side of the bed. He leaned over and cupped Jaehyun's face, giving him a loving kiss

"I love you," Taeyong whispered against the bodyguard's lips. 

Jaehyun grinned, his urge to fight sleep present. "I love you too."

Taeyong opened and closed the door quietly, making his way back to his room.

He had an half an hour before it was time for him to get ready. He figured he could get some more sleep. Before Taeyong could get some more shut eye, a text from his company CEO, Nam Sungmin was brought to his attention.

Come to my office when you arrive. There's a matter we need to talk about.

"That was weird," Taeyong thought but he brushed it off and quickly fell back to sleep.

The ride back was quiet. Taeyong had his headphones in listening to some hip-hop playlist on Spotify. The text from his ceo had him on edge, and he couldn't help but think of the worse case scenario. Did someone perhaps find out about the relationship between the celebrity and his bodyguard? No, it couldn't be; they have been very careful for the most part. Then what else could it be? This was the first time his CEO wanted to speak with him other than his debut day.

Taeyong sighed and leaned his head back, closing his eyes. He could feel the sensation of someone glaring at him and the last thing Taeyong wanted to do was talk. He shifted his body away from said person and let sleep engulf for the nth time today.

They made it to the company and Taeyong let his manager know of the text. He didn't say anything and just nodded. Taeyong knew Jaehyun was drilling holes into his back and decided to just tell him before he went. He waited for his manger and Han to go in first before entering the company with Jaehyun closely behind him. Taeyong around and grabbed the bodyguard's wrist, leading him to the bathroom.

"Something wrong?" Jaehyun asked, worry laced in his voice.

Taeyong picked at his shirt sleeve. "I got a text from Nam Sungmin ssi saying there's something he needs to talk to me about."

"Maybe he just wants to congratulate you on your first concert," Jaehyun said, always having to be the postive one.

"Yeah, maybe your right but it was so abrupt. What if it's something bad?" Taeyong frowned.

"Bad like what?"

"Like, you know," Taeyong lowered voice, "Someone finding out about us."

Jaehyun glanced at the door before placing his hands on Taeyong's shoulders. "Tae, you need to relax. Don't get yourself worked up. The last thing I would expect this meeting to be about is us. The more you think about it, the more you're going to overthink. Go in there and see."

Taeyong looked up at Jaehyun. He wasn't completely better, but it did boost his confidence. "You're right. I was just getting worked up."

"I'm always right," Jaehyun replied, smirking.

Taeyong rolled his eyes, no longer tense. "Whatever. Now move out of my way."

Jaehyun placed his hand on his chest, mouth widened, "Is that anyway to speak to your hyung?"

"I don't even remember the last time I called you that, at least not in public," Taeyong crossed his arms while titling his head to the side.

Jaehyun got caught off when a staff worker barged into the bathroom. Taeyong pretended like he was fixing his hair while Jaehyun waited by the blow dryer. The two bowed and quietly left after the staff went into the stall.

"That was close," Jaehyun exclaimed. "I'll see you after the meeting."

"Here or at the apartment?" Taeyong asked.

"Apartment. I have a meeting with Han to take care of as well concerning by bodyguard duties."

Taeyong nodded. They parted ways and went to their destinations.

Taeyong knocked on the door, hearing a 'come in' from the CEO. He turned the knob hesitantly, not expecting to see a crowd of staff in there.

"Sit down Taeyong," Sungmin ordered. He obeyed, bowing as he made his way to his seat at the furthest end of the table, opposite his CEO. "Congratulations on your first concert. It went well." Before Taeyong could mutter out a 'thank you' Sungmin quickly continued on. "We know your popularity is starting to skyrocket, but we have something to help you reach ultimate stardom quicker. Most companies would shy away from this proposal, but not us. We thought it would actually benefit you and make your name appear more on headlines."

Taeyong had no clue as to what his management was thinking about doing. He really didn't even care about gaining more popularity at the moment. He only debuted a year ago and Taeyong felt he had a solid standing compared to others that debuted around the same time as he did. Yeah, he wasn't the most famous but the general public at least knew who he was.

Sungmin stood up and started pacing back and forth, looking like he had a lot on his mind. He stopped in front of his chair, placing his hand on the table while sighing. "You're going to be in a fake relationship with one of the hottest female celebrities right now."

"Wha- Excuse me?" Taeyong was in shock. He gripped his chair, wanting to so badly to run out of the room.

"More people will have their eyes on you and will want to know more about 'The Upcoming Idol Dating One of Korea's Thriving Female Idols'. By throwing you out there with a girl, your exposure will skyrocket. Headlines will be everywhere," the CEO said with pride like he came up with the best idea ever.

Taeyong wanted to know if this was serious. Maybe he was daydreaming. He did not want to fake a relationship just to have his name out there. Besides, he already had so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter