Chapter 3

Risky Business
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They arrived at the company. Jaehyun went to meet up with Han while Taeyong went to the CEO's office. He walked in and was met with the back of a girl with her hair in a ponytail sporting causal clothes. A man stood against the wall near the girl which Taeyong assumed was probably her manager. He looked at Taeyong with an unreadable expression before looking away. Taeyong relaxed as he spotted his manager.

"Taeyong! You're finally here," he said as he took Taeyong's wrist and pulled him next to the unknown girl who still had her back facing him. She had on a mask and glasses that covered her face. Taeyong tried to sneak a glance but failed when the girl turned her head to the side. 

She probably doesn't want to do this either.

"The CEO will be coming soon. He was grabbing some food from the cafe," his manager announced.

Taeyong nodded. The girl did not acknowledge the announcement and continued to look at the floor.

A few minutes of awkward silence passed before the door was being opened. Sungmin walked in with a wide grin plastered on his face.

"Look at the gorgeous soon to be couple," he said happily as he pranced over to the two celebrities. 

Taeyong wanted to roll his eyes. The girl scoffed lowly next to him, making him glance to the side once more.

The CEO stood in front of them. "Taeyong, this is Jeon Soyeon. Jeon Soyeon, this is Lee Taeyong. I'm sure you have heard about each other," he introduced.

Soyeon took off her mask and glasses and shook Taeyong's hand.

He was genuinely surprised. Soyeon wasn't just anybody, she was someone who had been in the industry going on four years now and developed a strong fanbase both locally and internationally. She hadn't done much variety shows but had been featured on many songs, had two successful concerts and an early first win. Soyeon was also captivating on stage and honestly very pretty.

"You two can sit down now as I explain the plan." 

Taeyong and Soyeon did just that.

Sungmin cleared his throat and clasped his hands together, "Thank you for being here, Hyunsik and getting the okay from your company CEO. This will not only benefit Taeyong but both parties as well. As Taeyong's popularity will go up, money will be given and more show offerings will come your way. To even it out, why not also have Soyeon feature on Taeyong's upcoming album?"

Her manager, Hyunsik, stepped froward. "As long as we get something out of this too is all we care about. Are there any rules for the relationship she may have to partake in? How exactly are they going to be found out?" He inquired.

"A little bird told me that dispatch will be out near Hongdae tomorrow which is where your company is located, right?" The manager nodded. "So, we can have it seem like they're going on a date with Taeyong picking up Soyeon using our backup company car. The news will travel fast. For rules, just try to act like a real couple; hugs and kisses on the cheek here and there. You can go further if you want, like an actually kiss, but nothing extreme. It is fake at the end of the day."

"That sounds good," Hyunsik said. He looked towards Soyeon. "Any questions?"

She shook her head. "No, just as long as I benefit too I'm okay with whatever."

Her manager looked satisfied with her answer. 

"Taeyong, how about you?" his manager inserted.

"Do I have to do this?" Is what he wanted to ask but he bit his tongue and shook his head.

"Good," Sungmin clapped. "Taeyong will pick Soyeon up at her dorm tomorrow at five." 

The two bowed and left, leaving Taeyong with his manager and CEO. He was looking down, not sure what to say or do. He felt hands on his shoulders causing him to look up.

"I know you don't want to do this, but you will thank me in the future," Sungmin said dryly and patted Taeyong's shoulders before dropping his arms to his side. "You can go now. I will send the address of the dorm to your manager. Dress nicely and wear a mask as if you're not trying to get caught on purpose. Maybe even bring a bouquet of roses."

"Okay," Taeyong complied.

He exited out the office with his manager following behind. "Taeyong, do you want me to drive you to your apartment?"

"No thank you," he protested. "Jaehyun is the one that drove me here, so he can drive me back."

"You two sure are close," his manager mumbled.

Taeyong pretended like he didn't hear he's managers comment and continued walking. "My head hurts from the meeting. I really wish I didn't have to do this," he uttered quietly. 

His manager frowned, "I get it but sometimes you just have to do whatever it takes to rise and get your name out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter