Chapter 4

Risky Business
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyong decided to buy a teddy bear instead of the bouquet of roses. It wasn't anything better, kinda generic, but he thought a nice stuffed animal would be great.

It was near the time he was expected to pick Soyeon up, and Taeyong was actually kinda nervous knowing dispatch would be in the area and that he would be found out for a relationship that wasn't even real. 

He didn't get to spend that much time with Jaehyun before he left because he had bodyguard duties to attend to along with basically another boring meeting. Taeyong pulled up to the dorm and fixed his hair in the mirror before messaging Soyeon's manager to let him know he was outside. He wore all black with a black mask covering his face; the only thing visible was his blonde hair and dark brown eyes. 

Taeyong waited patiently for about 5 minutes before Soyeon appeared with a gray jacket on and blue skinny jeans; her face was completely bare. She looked around a bit before spotting the vehicle and looked down as she made her way hastily to the vehicle. Taeyong unlocked the door and handed her the teddy bear with a forced grin. Soyeon looked down at it and smiled, clinching it to her chest before giving Taeyong an enthusiastic hug.

He was taken aback but fixed his composure and looked away shyly. He waited a little longer, allowing for just the right amount of pictures to be taken before he drove off. They sat in complete silenced as Taeyong drove for a bit before Soyeon spoke up.

"Any idea where where we're going?" She asked, not making eye contact with Taeyong and instead looking out the window the teddy bear now abandoned.

Taeyong shook his head. "Nope, just driving." Soyeon hummed in response. Silence filled the car again. Taeyong was bad at communicating with strangers, so he didn't know what to talk about. It resorted to putting on some music to air out the awkwardness instead.

Wow by Post Malone came on and he started tapping his fingers along the steering wheel and rocking his head back and forth to the beat. Soyeon stayed still, not moving an inch with her attention still focused on outside. It wasn't long after though when she loosened up and started humming the song. As the music went on, Soyeon started to sing the words.

"G-wagen, G-wagen, G-wagen, all the housewives pullin' up," Soyeon sang loudly. "I got a lot of toys," she waved her hands in the air, a big smile on her face and turned towards Taeyong.

"I love this song!"

Taeyong looked over at her and chuckled. Wow, she wasn't an cold as he thought she was.

"I do too," he replied. He joined in and started singing too. The two having a full car karaoke session.

The song ended with Soyeon and Taeyong looking at each other before laughing.

"Wow, that was unexpected," Taeyong said.

"Yeah, 'Wow' indeed." Soyeon joked. "Get it? Because we just listened to Wow and-"

"I get it. I get it.," Taeyong nodded. "You know, you're more fun than you look."

"Same could be said for you," Soyeon shrugged. "I'm not going to be all friendly right away especially when I've been thrown into some fake relationship with some guy I don't even know." Soyeon said matteroffact.

"Honestly, I agree. The predicament we're in is just weird."

"Exactly. But since we'll be doing this for like 4 months, I think we should get to know each other so it won't be so awkward, you know?" Soyeon looked at Taeyong ,twisting her hair around her finger."

"Yeah, let's stop somewhere and get some food and play 20 questions," Taeyong suggested.

Soyeon looked at Taeyong with a 'really know' expression.

Taeyong laughed, "I was joking about the last part, but really, let's get some food. You should have bought a mask too."

"Oh, I did. I just didn't wear it when I came out," Soyeon declared. "I knew what I was doing, babe."

She pulled out her pink mask from her jacket pocket and put it on. Taeyong snorted, "At least I know my girlfriend is smart."

Soyeon rolled her eyes. "Can you hurry up a bit. All this talking is making me hungry."

"Hey, aren't I the older one?"

"Yeah, but I'm the sunbae," Soyeon said.

"What does that have to do with our relationship?"

"Correction, fake relationship thank you." Soyeon flipped her hair. "If you think you're going to make me say oppa to you, try again."

"Wouldn't dream of it bit I'm still older by a year," Taeyong affirmed.

Soyeon huffed and just closed her eyes. 

They sat in the back of a cafe, masks on and trying to act as natural as possible. The two have already ordered: Soyeon, two chocolate macarons with a caramel latte and Taeyong, an eclair with an frappe mocha. They busy themselves with their phones as they wanted for their food.

The waitress comes a few minutes after, looking past the awkward atmosphere and giving the two a wide grin. She tells them to 'enjoy their meals and have a great day' before bidding them goodbye. After scarfing down their food and taking a few sips from their drinks, they finally get to talking.

Taeyong clears his throat and looks at Soyeon, "How did you figure out you wanted to be an idol?" He puts down his phone and gives her his full attention.

"I think it just came naturally to be honest. My mother was in showbiz and my dad worked behind the scenes as a producer, so I kinda fell into it," Soyeon said. "How about you?"

Taeyong thought for a moment before speaking. "I thought the only thing I could possibly be good at was something that involved performing. I didn't want a regular officejob or something that I would dread waking up to go to work for. I begged my parents to let me audition and they complied after five times," Taeyong looked down and chuckled,"I think also me pulling up my Ds to Bs is want really persuaded them."

Soyeon nodded her head. "Being an idol can be hard at times but I wouldn't pick anything else. Just the joy and happiness I get from hearing the fans cheers and knowing they enjoy my music is what keeps me going."

Taeyong agreed. "Sometimes we really have to work in ty conditions but it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter