Chapter 10

Risky Business
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyong arrived at his apartment, two bags filled with sweets in his left hand as he opened the door. The bags weren't as full as before since he was eating some sweets while in the taxi. He tried his best not to make a mess but he still ended up getting crumbs on the seat. Like the clean freak (and polite man) he was, he made sure to clean up all of the crumbs as he left the taxi, giving the driver a big tip as well.

The apartment was dimly lit.  Taeyong switched on the lights before placing the bags on the counter. He the TV and found the new netflix original he was watching two nights ago. He took off his jacket and placed it on the sofa as he grabbed a bag off the counter, getting ready to munch on more sugary delights again.

It was quiet with the sound of cars driving by from outside. Taeyong was slipping into a sugar coma when his phone buzzed. He perked up, suspecting it to be Soyeon to tell him about the meeting she had.

Instead, it was an unknown number.

He swiped up to see the message and he nearly choked on his milkyway.

unknown number

come outside

"What the Hell?" Taeyong muttered under his breath, both creeped out and frightened. He looked around his apartment, checking the windows to see any chance of a stalker. He prayed it wasn't one of those crazy 'fans' known as sasaengs. He hadn't encounter one yet, and frankly, he hoped he never would.

Thinking it must be a wrong number, Taeyong ignored it and went back to eating his sweets. Just when the show was starting to get really good, his phone buzzed again. The idol sighed, pausing the TV and reading the new message from the same number.

unknown number

lee taeyong, come outside

i promise you know who i am

i'm not going to hurt you 

Well, it definitely not a wrong number if they know who he was. If they were so hellbent on him coming outside, they could have just called him or at least let him know just who they were. Plopping a starburst into his mouth, Taeyong dialed the number. 

The phone just rung before going to voicemail. Taeyong waited to until to end to here if there's a custom voicemail with the person's name, but it's just the generic one you here all the time. He shrugged, it must not be that important. Unpausing the TV, he went back to enjoying the show.

The couch was nearly filled with candy wrappers and Taeyong cleanfreak tendencies were starting to kick in. He stood up to grab the trashcan and dispose of the wrappers, his couch nice and clean again. He walked back toward the kitchen to place to trashcan back in it's original spot when a resounding knock is heard at his door. The hairs on his arms stood up and his body started to shake. 

He turned around slowly, grabbing his candy bag as he made deliberate movements to the door. Taeyong placed his hand on the doorknob, but did not turn it. He kept it there as waited for another unexpected knock. But, it never came.

Looking down at his phone that was clenched tightly in his hand, Taeyong gulped before opening the door. Surprisingly, no one was there. He scanned around to see if there was anyone nearby and when there absolutely was no sign, his rapid heartbeat calmed down. 

Maybe he was just hearing things.

Just as he turned back around to close the door, he was abruptly grabbed by his waist and a cloth was put over his mouth making it impossible for people to hear his cries and screams. A cold hand covered his eyes as Taeyong was lend out of his apartment. Taeyong, struggling against the tight hold, tried to break free, but he ended up getting pushed inside a car. 

Eventually, the hand was removed from his eyes and his vision blurry from unshed tears. The cloth was still covering his mouth, causing the idol to breathe heavily. Taeyong was shaking. He wanted to sneak a peak at his kidnaper, but the thought of being met with the eyes of a crazed killer terrified him. He was clenching onto his bag of candies so tightly to the point he's knuckles turn white.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter