Chapter 8

Risky Business
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Taeyong's album charts in the top 15 on all platforms worldwide with a breaking record of streams for the rookie

Long Flight by Lee Taeyong gets 3 millions views in just 24 hours

Taeyong wakes up to a thousand notifications from his company congratulating him on his success. The feeling of exhilaration is one he never experienced so strongly before and he wouldn't mind experiencing every time he dropped something new. Taeyong was not expected such a grand response, one even bigger than when he announced he would be having his first ever concert, and it felt like his mark was finally being made. He hoped the publicity stunt wasn't the main reason though.

The photoshoot would be releasing tomorrow and with the newfound support for the couple, it was sure to gain a lot of reactions. 

Taeyong read through some of the comments his fans left under his MV and the ones that were under articles that talked about his album. A lot of it was positive, but of course, haters were present which Taeyong paid no mind to. He replied to the messages his manager and CEO left him with 'thank you' before turning off his phone and lying on his side, closing his eyes. He stretched out his arm and sighed.

The right side of his bed was empty. The body that was usually there gone and without a trace. Today was supposed to be happy, and he was, but it was just different. He was supposed to be experiencing this with him. He would have been so proud of him.

Taeyong had to stop himself from crying with every fiber of his being. His eyes stung and he clenched his cover in his hand, his knuckles turning white. He took deep breaths as he slowly composed himself. He let go and faced the ceiling, looking up with no particular thought in mind. A lonely tear trickled down his face which he quickly wiped away.

He stood up and slipped on his slippers, looking in the mirror to fix his unruly hair before starting his day. He entered the bathroom, flicking on the lightswitch and turning the sink faucet. He grabbed his toothbrush and put it under the stream of water before squeezing a small amount of minty toothpaste. Taeyong brushed his teeth for a good 2 minutes before gargling with mouthwash. 

Turning the water to hot, Taeyong did his skincare routine and put a panda bear sheet mask on as he turned off the water. He shuffled to his bathtub and filled it with lukewarm water as he put in a lavender bath bomb. Eventually, he stepped in after the water was just right and he had shimmied out of his clothes. Taeyong relaxed and slowly sunk into the water, just letting the warm sensation heat up his body.

Taeyong washed himself off and placed the sheet mask in the trash as he wrapped a towel around his body. He threw on whatever he could find and blowdried his blue hair, grabbing his phone and apartment keys as he left for his day.

He arrived at the cafe. Gasps and muffled voices were heard as Taeyong entered. He briefly looked around before making a beeline straight to the back. His decision to not bring a mask was on purpose since he knew dispatch would be lurking around and he didn’t see the need to hide anymore.

Bending down to place a kiss on Soyeon's forehead, Taeyong gave her a stiff grin as he sat down and placed his hands on the table, interlocking his fingers. Soyeon had cut her hair into a bob and it was now platinum blonde. She had on light makeup and had her hand wrapped around a small cup of hot chocolate, one next to her. She placed it in front of Taeyong's interlocked hands and cleared before showing a beaming smile.

"Congrats on everything!! I saw the articles and the responses were great. You deserve it," Soyeon said, unable to contain her excitement. "Long Flight was amazing and the MV really captured your visuals well. Your voice is so enticing."

Taeyong chuckled, "Thanks. That.. really means a lot to me." Taeyong unclasped his fingers and blew on the hot chocolate before taking a sip.

Soyeon waved him off. "Don't get all sappy on me. It's just facts. And whoever says different does not now want good music is."

Taeyong grinned but it didn't reach his eyes. Soyeon's beaming smile began to drop and she placed her hand on top of Taeyong's. She squeezed it lightly before placing it back around her hot chocolate. They sat in silence, the bell of the cafe chiming as people kept coming in and the sounds of baristas taking orders filled the space, before Soyeon spoke up.

"Is it him?" She whispered hesitantly. Taeyong sighed and moved his hot chocolate away, placing his arm on the table as he rested his chin in the palm of his hand. 

"I miss him," he croaked out.

"Tae-"

Taeyong shook his head, tears started to well up in his eyes. He hurriedly blinked them away. "No. It's fine. It was his decision to leave anyway," Taeyong sniffled and bit his lip. He shook his head again, now filled with anger instead of sadness. "Let's not talk about it. I just want to know how you plan to end this."

"Are you sure? I don't think you're in the right mind right now," Soyeon said, doubtful.

Taeyong slammed his hands down and stood up, the cafe going silent. "If you don't want to help me, I'll help myself," he bit back and strode out of the cafe, the 'Taeyong, wait!' falling o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter