I Will Make You Hiccup

Love Artist {HIATUS}

                                                               Minwoo's Perspective: 

   "What are you guys doing?!?!" 

   I can't help but shout it out once I see them. 
   What...the hell were they doing?! Jeongmin and Mi-Cha..were they about to kiss?! 
   Even though they had separated immediately when they had heard the sound of my voice, I had still seen them. Jeongmin had his hands planted on each of her cheeks, and he was leaning in, very closely. 
   Too close. 
   But that wasn't what had made me so frustrated. What really made me so mad...was that she was doing the same thing. 

   "Minwoo oppa," Mi-Cha says, looking at the ground hopelessly. "How did you find us?" 

   I look over at Jeongmin. 

   "It was quite difficult," I answer softly, embarrassed now that I had yelled. "Why...did you guys come up here? Mi-Cha....I thought that we should head somewhere after the show together, but I wasn't able to find you." 

   Even through my ears, my words sound worthless and pathetic. 
   What was I thinking? The tiny maknae of the group getting the girl...
   How stupid and unreasonable. Mi-Cha...she wouldn't want a boy as a lover. Of course, she would want a..man. I bite my lip and look at the ground, fighting back tears. 

   "It's too late now, anyway," I continue when none of them answer. "I'll send Mi-Cha...You should call your mom to come pick you up." 

   Stuffing my hands in my pockets, gaze to the ground, I turn on my heel and head back down the stairs. 
   How embarrassing. And I thought that I really stood a chance with her...I guess along with youth and inexperience comes stupidity.
   But the worst part was...while speaking to her over the phone and talking to hear about her father and brother...that moment when I figured out that I was in love with her...
   I'd thought she had fallen in love with me also.
   I guess I had been wrong. 

   But Jeongmin is not the only one who is a man.
   I set my chin and try to look as if I hadn't cared about that scene at all. Even though I had witnessed it, it didn't mean that Mi-Cha was strictly Jeongmin's property. And even though it may pain me and hurt me, I know that I can't just give up. 
   I clench my fists. 
   Sorry, Jeongmin oppa, I think to myself. But I will try my best to win her heart.
   May the best man win. 

                                                            Mi-Cha's Perspective:

   I touch my fingers to my lips. 
   What had just happened?! Was I really about to kiss Jeongmin oppa? I can hear them through the door to their waiting room, laughing and talking about the performance. I think of how I had pushed him away when I heard Minwoo's voice. I wonder...what is Jeongmin thinking of me now?
   I shake my head, trying to get rid of any stray thoughts. 

   "Mi-Cha?" Umma says through the phone. "Mi-Cha, are you even listening to me?" 

   "Hm? Ah, deh," I answer her. "So you'll be here in thirty minutes?" 

   "Yeh," she says. "My legs are tired, so I don't plan on getting out of the car. Wait at the front of the building." 

   "Ah, deh, umma," I say. 

   "But don't wait there alone!" she yells. "You don't know what kind of ert is lurking out there! Get someone to wait with you." 

   "Mwuh? Umma, I'll be careful, it would be troublesome to get someone to wait with me - "

   But I can already hear the dial tone on the other end. 
   Sighing, I flip the phone closed. 

   "Who can I ask to wait with me..." I murmur to myself. Shrugging, I turn around to see that Minwoo oppa is standing right behind me. 

   "I will wait with you!" he says immediately, a smile crossing his face. "Don't worry, Mi-Cha, no ert is going to come hurt you if I'm there." 

   I feel sudden warmth flood my system Ever since the day that Minwoo had comforted me after I'd talked to him about Appa, I'd always felt so safe around him; like if he was there with me, no one would harm me.
   I'm about to thank him for his consideration when a thought suddenly occurs to me.  

   "Ah, but Minwoo oppa, wouldn't there be any press or fans outside hoping to get a glimpse of you?" I say, thinking of the cons of letting him come with me. "Maybe you shouldn't come with me. It's doubtful that there are any erts outside, and it wouldn't be good for you to get mobbed by papparazzi. I can wait by myself. It was nice to see you guys perform! I'll call you when I reach home. Kamsahamnida again~!" 

   I start to walk away when Minwoo catches my wrist in his hand. 

   "Yah - what do you think you're doing? Ahjumma told you to wait outside with somebody. I won't take a chance that harm will come to you. I'll wait with you." 

   The tone of his voice tells me that there's no way I can argue with him. 

   "Deh," I say, smiling. "But...you should at least wear a disguise. There will be many people outside."

   "Deh, I will," he says. "Just give me a minute." 

   And he disappears behind the door. 

 

                                                               Minwoo's Perspective: 

   "Stop laughing," I hiss as we walk down the hallway. 

   "Ah~Mianhae oppa, but you are just so funny looking..." she says. giggling a little more.

   I shoot her another glare through these big sunglasses of mine. I'm wearing things that are much too big for me; a Christmas sweater with a picture of a Rudolph on it, pink plaid pajama panrs, fuzzy pink earwarmers and a extra large pair of neon yellow sunglasses. 

   "Where did you get all those things anyway??" She question, holding her hand over to keep from laughing too hard. 

   "It was leftover from the people who were here last," I say grudgingly. "I didn't want to wear it, but Kwangmin and Donghyun made me. Then they took pictures. Stupid hyungs...." 

   She giggles once more. 
   "Yah~Why would someone wear sunglasses that big if they were going outside at nighttime?" She teases. 

   I pout and look away. 
   "Let's just go," I says, crossing my arms. "Ahjumma must be already close by, so we shouldn't be late." 

   She nods and grins at me, and I can'thelp but stare a little. 

   "Deh. Let's go," she tells me.

   But before we head through the doors of the building, she grabs hold of my hand and I look up at her, eyebrows raised. I feel a slight blush color my cheeks. 

   "Why are you..?" I start to say. 

   "If any erts see me and want to harm me, they'll know that I have this hero by my side~" she explains. "Then they won't come and attempt to hurt me." She grins at me, and starts leading me through the door. 

   While she pulls me along, I feel my heartbeat get louder and louder. Can she hear it? I put my free hand to my chest and feel the repetitive beat thrumming through my fingers, like a butterfly fluttering its wings. Warmth is emanating from her hand, and I smile softly. 
   Mi Cha...do you even know how crazy I am about you?

   As Mi Cha had said, there were multiple spectators at the entrance.  Leftover fans lined the place, their signs held under their arms or being used as a seat on the ground; Papparazzi hoping for some last minute stories, and cameramen looking for some memorable or embarrassing shots. 
   I bow my head when they look up as we walk out. If any of them recognize me, the result would be catastrophic. They would wonder who Mi Cha is, since I'm holding her hand, and they would wonder why I'm wearing such weird clothes. They would probably turn this situation into a story that includes a new trend I'm trying to get out and a new relationship with an unknown girl. 
   But the only thing that people did was take one look at me and start snickering to their friends. I caught some of what they were saying. 

   "Pfft~Who is that guy? What a weirdo." 
   "What does he think he's wearing? He looks like a rainbow." 
   "He looks so stupid..." 

   I don't really care about what they're saying. As long as Mi Cha is here, she is allowing me to hold her hand, and no one is making any wrong assumptions, I'm fine. Happy, even. 
   We make our way to a bench nearby, and we sit down together, still hand in hand. I start to sweat from nervousness. My eyes widen.
   Why now?! Why does my impulsive sweating have to start now?!?!? 
   I try to let go of her hand, hoping she can't feel its wetness, but she squeezes it and looks over at me, making a confused expression. 

   "Is something wrong?" she asks. 

   "Ah, aniyo, nothing is wrong. It's just..." I sigh. "I'm...starting to sweat again." 

   She laughs, and even though I'm irritated, I can't help but admire the sound a little. 

   "Oppa, I don't care if you're sweating," she says, still laughing. "I already know that you tend to sweat alot sometimes, but I've accepted that already. It's like..." she furrows her eyebrows together, like she's trying hard to think of something. Then she snaps and smiles at me. "It's like when I'm nervous, or when my heart is beating really fast, I hiccup." 

   I raise my eyebrows. 

   "Chincha?" I ask. *Really?*

   "Well, it hasn't happened for some time, but I bet when my heart is beating extra fast, like, really really fast...I'll hiccup." She shrugs her shoulders. "So you don't really have to be embarrassed about your sweat. I'm fine with it." 

   She squeezes my hand once more, to make a point. 

   "See? I don't care." 

   I feel really happy. I don't know how such a trivial thing like this could make me happy, but it does. 
   I squeeze her hand back. 

   "Mi Cha..." I say. 

   She looks over at me. "Deh?" 

   "I...You and Jeongmin hyung...do you like him?" I ask, looking away from her gaze. I can feel the blood pounding in my ears as I wait for her to answer. 

   "Ah...about that.." she says. 

   I shut my eyes. Here it comes, I think. She's going to tell me her feelings for Hyung. 

   "When we were on the rooftop, Jeongmin oppa had shown me a really beautiful view. He wanted to know if I would like to do something with it someday. I was thinking I whould paint it. While I was thinking of the possibilities, I was telling him that it would be nice to have him stay with me while I painted, and then...I think we were a little caught up in the moment." 

   There seems to be a lump in my throat that I can't seem to swallow. 

   "But..." 

   I look up at her eyebrows raising. "But what?" I ask. 

   She gives me a slight smile. 

   "I'm not sure if I have those feelings for Jeongmin oppa. He's a really kind oppa, and I really respect him alot, but he is like ...a really special big brother to me." 

   My mouth parts in surprise and it takes almost all my willpower to keep me from yelling out in victory. 

   "We may have just been under the influence of the pretty scenery," she says, shrugging. "So you shouldn't worry. I know that you guys aren't allowed to have any girlfriends anyway. Pretty ironic, knowing that your name is Boyfriend." She smiles and we laugh together. 

   "Mi Cha, I'm glad to hear that," I say out loud by accident. 

   "Chincha? Wae?" she asks. 

   I widen my eyes, and suddenly, under the pressure I'm unable to think of anything to say. 

   "Uh - because I - ah -" 

   The sound of a car horn interrupts me, and I look up to see that a tiny car has pulled up in front of us. Ahjumma sits in the driver's seat, looking pissed. 
   My hero. 

   "Umma!" Mi Cha says immediately, standing up and smiling. "You're here~!" 

   She rolls down the window and scoffs. 

   "Of course I'm here, pabo," she says. "Who else would drive you back? Come on, hurry, I need to get back. My drama is on, and I already missed ten minutes of it!!" 

   "Ah! Deh, umma," she says. She faces me and gives a slight bow. "Thank you for waiting here with me, oppa," she tells me. "I'll call you when I have the time." 

   And with one last dazzling smile, she gets in the car. I can hear Ahjumma questioning her before she closes the door shut. 

   "Mi Cha, who is that strange person? I told you there would be erts out here - "

   I chuckle softly to myself as they pull away. 

   "Mi Cha...." I say out loud. "I...really like you." 

   I press my hand to my chest, feeling thr quick thrum of it. I still haven't calmed down, and I'm still sweating. So...she hiccups when her heart is beating fast? 
   I smile. 

   "Mi Cha...one day, sooner or later...I will make you hiccup." 

   And I walk back inside the building. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading the ninth chapter~!!!! 
Please comment and subscribe~I really like seeing people comment~~! >_<