Second Chance

Love Artist {HIATUS}

                                                 Minwoo's Perspective: 

   "I...I would like to draw you." 

   My heart beats even faster, if that's even possible. 
   She...would like to draw me? Me?! I feel a surge of joy run through my body but it quickly disappears when Donghyun steps in front of me. 

   "Um, mianhae, but we are on a tight schedule, as you can understand," he informs her, smiling gently. "It was nice to meet you, and as we can see, we've found that you are extremely talented. The painting you had made of us is incredible. Are you a professional?" 

   She widens her eyes at the praise. 

   "Ah, no, I am not a pro," she says. 

   "Well, you might as well be," Donghyun says. "Do you study at a top arts school or something?" 

   She suddenly makes a pained expression, like Donghyun had just smacked her across the face, though he hadn't. She looks down biting her lip, looking almost about to cry. 

   "No," she answers him softly. "I...I had just been denied by the arts school I'd wanted to go to." 

   We're all taken aback. 

   "What?!" Jeongmin says incredulously. "That's impossible! Your artwork is incredible!" 

   "Yeah!" I join in. I gesture around the room at all the work she'd done. "You have so much talent, and they want to deny that?!"

   She looks really happy and surprised at the same time. 

   "T-thank you," she whispers. 

   Suddenly, Jeongmin steps forward, taking her by the shoulders, a determined expression on his face. 

   "Don't thank us," he tells her. "We haven't done anything for you. Yet," he adds with a grin. 

    opens slightly in shock and before I even know it, Jeongmin is pushing me towards her. 

   "Will this little maknae help you?" he asks. 

   "Ah - I - I guess he would be some help -" 

   "Okay then," he says, and quickly shoos everyone out of the door, ignoring all of their angry protests. Before he goes out himself, he sticks his head in and says, "We'll be back to collect him in a few hours," winks, and then he's gone. 

   The door slamming feels really loud in the silence. 

 

                                                    Jeongmin's Perspective: 

   I push everyone out the front door, and soon after, we're out on the porch steps of Mi-Cha's house, looking like a bunch of really lost and confused puppies. 

   "What did you just do?!" Donghyun suddenly snaps. "You do know that we're needed back at the studio to make our new single, right?!?! How can we do that without Minwoo?!" 

   "Chill, man," I say. "We have to be there in four hours. That's plenty of time for Mi-Cha to draw Minwoo! We can get him back in and hour or so and it'll all be fine!" 

   "What, so are we just going to stay outside here and wait until an hour is over?!" Donghyun yells again. 

   "Ah....I dunno, I guess," I admit. 

   There's a moment of silence. 

   "How are you so stupid..!!" Donghyun yells suddenly, lunging for my throat. Youngmin and Kwangmin hold him back as he cools down. 

   The reason why I'd did what I did was kind of simple. 
   Right when Mi-Cha had opened that door and let me see her, I knew that I had found the girl for me. She was beautiful, and not only that, beautiful things seemed to seep out of her. She could make almost anything beautiful, that's what I learned when I'd seen her. But when she told us that she had been rejected by that stupid arts school, that was what really made me explode. I mean, who in their right mind would turn down that kind of unmistakable talent?! 
   Her sad expression was what got me as well. I want her to be happy. And if drawing Minwoo makes her happy - improves her, even - then I will make sure she gets what she wants to be happy. 
   And who knows - maybe sometime I'll be the one she wants to make her happy~

 

                                                     Minwoo's Perspective: 

   We just kind of stand and stare openmouthed at the door for a minute. Then, trying to break the silence, I let out a nervous laugh. It sounds really awkward in the quiet.

   "Ah...Sorry my Hyungs are so strange," I say apologetically. "I don't know what that was all about, but..." I don't know what to say next so I just kind of look at the floor for a bit. 

   But when I look back up, she's smiling. 

   "Will you really stay?" she asks me. "May I draw you?" 

   I feel the blood rush to my face when I see her smile, but I try looking calm. 

   "Ah, sure, if that's fine," I answer. "So...do I just stand here and you draw me or..." I look at her questioningly. 

   "Oh, hold on a minute," she tells me, then she sets up a stool in front of a chair and grabs a sketchbook and pencil. She motions for me to sit. "You can't just stand there; your legs will surely start to hurt after a while." 

   I obediently take a seat on the stool, and she sits down in front of me, on the chair. 
   Then she stares at me. 
   And I mean, she really stares - and it's almost as if in that stare she's... I don't know, scrutinizing my every expression, my every move, and it's almost like she's able to see through me. Like she knows how much I'd cried through all the stress that my job as a member of Boyfriend had given me, and how I'd rejoiced after our first debut, and all my joys, sorrows, anticipations, burdens, and any other thing you can think of. 
   And even though I'm embarrassed to admit it, I'm looking at her too - looking at the chocolate brown of her eyes, and how the sun that's shining through the window makes her hair glow as if it were golden. 
   Her pink lips curve into a smile and she tells me something, but I'm too caught up in the moment to hear her. 

   "Ah...hello?" she waves a hand over my face. "Did you hear me?" 

   I shake my head free of any other thoughts. 

   "Ah, mianhe, I didn't hear you. Could you repeat it?" 

   "Oh, I said that I didn't learn your name before. My name is Won Mi-Cha. And yours is?"

   I'm a little surprised. "You...you don't know me from anywhere?" I ask. "Doesn't my face ring a bell at all?" 

   "Ah, since you were doing a photoshoot at the park, I guessed that you were some sort pf KPOP band, but I don't really pay much attention to those kind of things. I'm fine with just sticking to my art." She holds up her sketchpad for emphasis. 

   I feel a little sad that she doesn't know who we are at all, but I decide to introduce myself anyway. 

   "My name is No Minwoo," I say. "I'm in the band Boyfriend, along with five other members, all of whom you've met today." 

   "Who is the boy who had shooed everyone out of the door?" she asks. 

   "Oh, that's Lee Jeongmin," I answer. "And the guy who had asked if you were a professional is Kim Donghyun, our leader. Then there's Shim Hyunseong, our main vocalist, and the twins, Jo Kwangmin and Youngmin." 

   She smiles. "You all must be such nice people, to take time off of your busy schedule to bring my belongings to my home and stay so I could draw you," she compliments. "Kam...Kamsahamnida." 

   My mouth quirks up into a smile, and I feel myself blushing. 

   "Oh~Please stay like that!" she says suddenly. 

   "Eh? Like what?" I ask, touching my face self consciously. 

   "No, no, go back to how you were!" she says. 

   "Like what? Like what?" I repeat, panicked.

   She chuckles, then reaches out a hand to touch my face. I feel myself stiffen when her fingers gently grasp my chin, and she turns it to face her. I look into her intelligent eyes and my face gets even hotter. 
   How am I so self conscious? I'm greeted with cameras every morning, and every time I go outside even for a little bit, cameras flash in my face. How come it's only now that I feel like this? 
   She presses her fingers on the corners of my mouth and lifts them up. 

   "Smile," she says, and I obey, though I'm still blushing. 

   She lets go of my face and stares at me a little more. Then she smiles gently, and I know that she's satisfied. 

   "Please stay like that," she says softly. 

   I don't know how much time passes by, but all I know is that this beautiful girl is letting me stare at her for all this time while she draws me. The only sound that I can hear is the skritch of her pencil, and the faint noise of birds chirping out the window. I feel my heart skip a beat every time she looks back up at me, and every few minutes she'll touch my face just to adjust the angle, or, I think that's what she's trying to do. 
   I feel like i want to stay like this forever...

   And then she stops and looks down at her sketchbook, then back at me. She does that a few more times, tweaking it a little and then smudging it a little every now and then. When she seems satisfied, she nods her head once and then smiles up at me. I purse my lips and blush a little. She really is pretty~

   "I'm finished," she announces, and then she flips her sketchbook around, revealing her work.

   I'm so shocked that my mouth actually drops open. 

   "Do I really look like that?!" I ask, skeptical that this beautiful piece of work is supposed to be me.

   She looks down at the floor, tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

   "I know it may not be that good, but -" 

   "Are you kidding?!?!" I say. "This...this is INCREDIBLE! How'd you do this? So much detail..!! I could never draw like this in a billion years!" 

   She had drawn me as if I was the total center of everything, with the background blurred. I look a little shy, with my face held a little down and there are dark hues where I'm blushing. My mouth is quirked up into a slight smile, and I'm looking straightforward, my eyes in deep detail. 
   She smiles shyly. 

   "You really think that it's nice?" she asks. 

   "Of course I do!" I exclaim. "You're so talented!" 

   She smiles, then she brushes the hair from her eyes and looks down. 

   "If only the Korean School of Arts would think that as well," she says softly. 

   Anger boils up inside of me. 

   "Let me see the letter," I demand. 

   She raises her eyebrows at me and parts her lips in confusion. 

   "Why..?' 

   "Just please let me see it," I say. 

   She nods her head once and then gets up from her seat and walks to her desk. Grabbing a large manila envelope, she heads back and sits down in front of me again, placing the letter in my palm. 

   I pull out the paper, and scroll my eyes down the page. 

   "These people are..." I start to say. 

   "Geniuses who defeat my so called talent by a million?' she finishes for me. 

   "Incredibly stupid idiots," I finish, then narrow my eyes at her. "These so called geniuses wouldn't be able to draw like this if their life depended on it." I hold up her sketchbook. 

   She looks surprised but happy at the same time. 
   "You...you really think so?" she asks. 

   "I know so," I say. "There has to be a mistake." 

   I let my eyes scroll to the bottom of the letter, and then something immediately cathes me eye. 

   "Look!" I say, and she leans in closer to me to get a better look. 

   "Mwuh?" she asks. 

   "Right there - it says: 'If anyone had been denied from the Korean School of Arts and would like to have a second chance, please send in seven art pieces to this address and we will reconsider them entering,'" I read out loud. I look at her happily. "You can still go!" 

    is parted in surprise and hope is flickering through her eyes. 

   "I will...be given a second chance?" she murmurs. 

   "Yes, you will!" I tell her enthusiastically. "As long as you..." I look down at the requirements. "...Send seven items. All seven items must be in the same specific theme."

   She's silent for a little while. 

   "Min-ah?" I ask. "Min-ah, did you hear me?" 

   She suddenly looks up at me and nods briskly. 

   "Yeh, I did hear you," she replies softly. "And...I would like to ask you something." 

   I point at me questioningly. "Me? Ah, okay. What is it you need?" 

   She bows her head down and rests her hands down on my knees. 

   "Please let the six of you be my theme for my second chance..!!" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________

I hope you enjoyed reading the third chapter!! >_<
Please tell me your thoughts about it by commenting, and please subscribe if you can~~!! 
KAMSAHAMNIDA! <3