Personal

Love Artist {HIATUS}

         Ah, I just want to apologise for the last chapter...I'd made Minwoo call Mi-Cha Min-ah....That was just a mistake, pay no close attention... >_<

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

                      Jeongmin's Perspective: 

   The sound of my phone ringing makes me drop my ice cream cone. Yes, that was what we all went to do while we waited for Minwoo's drawing session to be finished with.
   I pass my cone to Hyunseong and flip open my cell. 

   "Annyeong!" I say. "It's Jeongmin~!"

   "Ah, Jeongmin," I hear Minwoo's little voice say to me. "I just wanted to call you and tell you that you can all come back now. Also, Mi-Cha wants to ask all of you guys a really important question, so hurry! Jebal!" 

   "Ah, Minwoo, what does she want to ask -" 
  The sound of the dial tone interrupts me. 
   "Mwuh - whaa that dongsaeng is really..." I shake my head free of any rude thoughts and face Donghyun Hyung. 

   "Hyung, they said that we can head back now." 

   He looks up from his ice cream, and nods once. "Ah...yeh, we'll be there." He stands up and looks at the others. "Hey, you lazy people...get up, we're picking up Minwoo." 

   Kwangmin looks up at him, ice cream smothered on his upper lip. "Hyung, can I finish my ice cream first? Jebal~" 

   "You can finish it while we're walking," he says. "Come on, we have to go.." 

   Everyone hurries up from where they're sitting and brushes themselves off, then we start to head in the direction of Mi-Cha's home. 

   Donghyun catches up to me as we walk, 

   "Hey, Jeongmin-ah, did Minwoo say anything else?" he asks.

   "Ah...he said that Mi-Cha needed to ask us something important. I wonder what it is." 

 

                                                         Minwoo's Perspective: 

   I set the phone down on her bed and sit down. Now that she's done drawing me, I'm not sure what we should do now.....

   "Minwoo-ah, just out of curiosity, would you want to be part of my theme?" Mi-Cha asks me suddenly. 

   I looks at her, surprised. "Me? Of course! I will support you until the end!!" I pump my fist into the air and she laughs delightedly. 

   "Ah....kamsahamnida, Minwoo hyung. You're such a kind person." 

   "Ah...you're welcome.." I face away from her to keep her from witnessing me blush. 

   A few seconds pass in silence, so I decide to make some conversation. 

   "Um, is it okay if I can look at your sketchbook?" I ask. 

   She looks up, surprised, then faces the floor, biting her lip. 
   "Ah...I'm not sure...there are some pretty personal things in here..." 

   "You don't have to show me any of it if you don't want to," I assure her. 

   She closes her eyes for a second, then gets up and takes a seat beside me on the bed. I suddenly get really nervous, because this is the first time that I've been in bed with a girl. Then she pulls a purple sketchbook out from under her pillow. 

   "This...this is my most treasured sketchbook," she tells me. "It's like my diary, but it's in pictures instead of words. I draw everything that I feel into it. I...Please look at it, if you'd like."

   I look at her intensely. 
   "Are you sure?" I ask. 

   She nods. "I trust you, Hyung." 

   I know that I will be replaying that sentence over and over in my head for the rest of my life. I nod and take it from her hands. It's really beat up, like its been overused too many times. Looking at her one more time, I gently open it. 
   I'm greeted with another picture of the man I'd seen in alot of paintings in the house. He's smiling, his hand giving an enthusiastic thumbs-up. 
   
   "Who is this man?" I ask. 

   "He...he's my father," she answers. 

   I don't ask any more about him. 
   The next picture is of the same little boy as I'd seen before. He's sitting on Mi-Cha's Appa's lap, and smiling. He looks younger in this drawing than in the others. 

   "My little brother," she whispers when she sees my questioning gaze. "His name...it's Jae Ha." 

   I nod my head once, and trace my finger down the page. "He looks so happy.." 

   "He was happy," she says, then she looks away, probably not wanting to say any more. I decide not to pressure her into answering any questions. 

   The next page is the man again, but her looks paler than usual. He's smiling, but it looks frail, and forced. His son is laying his head down on his chest, and Mi-Cha's umma has her hand lain on Jae Ha's head. Jae Ha looks sort of sick.
   Mi-Cha suddenly in a sharp intake of breath. 

   "Please...don't turn the page -" she starts to say. 

   But I had already turned it. My mouth drops open. 
   There are dots of red everywhere, but it looks a little more like rust to me. The red spells out four words: I Have Lost Everything. 

   "Mi-Cha...this is paint, right?" I ask anxiously. "This is nothing but red paint, right?!" 

   Tears are falling down her eyes. She shakes her head roughly. 

   "No!" she yells. "It's not paint.." She pulls up her sleeve, revealing a long scar. "It's...blood." 

   I suddenly feel sick, but I hold back my urge to recoil. Instead, I gently take her hand in mine and softly pull her sleeve back up, covering the ragged scar. 

   "I...Jae Ha was sick....He didn't want to go to the hospital.." she inhales roughly. "One day, he fainted. Appa went in the car and started to drive him to the Emergency Room...There was a storm out...They didn't....they..." 

   I cup her face in my hands and brush her tears away with my thumb. 

   "Shhh," I say. "You don't have to finish that." 

   I wipe her face until it's dry again and look her in the eyes. 

   "Is that why you want to go to this school?" I ask. 

   She nods. "Appa was an artist. He was so much better than me, but he never got to study at the Korean School of Arts. He's always regretted it. But now I wish to fulfill his dream. Jae Ha had supported me through and through....He loved it when I drew him.." 

   I smile gently. 
   "You tell me that I'm caring...that I'm kind, and you seem to be a million times more caring and kind than I am." 

   She blushes. 
   It's that blush, and those beautiful tears that look like shiny crystal that makes me pull her towards me in a hug. I feel her stiffen a little from shock, but then she leans into me and burrows her face into my chest. Her hair touches my nose and I can smell her shampoo. 

   And then the door opens and in walks everyone 

 

                                                         Jeongmin's Perspective: 

   I walk in to find Minwoo and Mi-Cha embracing each other in bed. My jaw drops open. 

   "Whhhhaaaaaaaaaaa??" I say before I can think. 

   They jump out of bed immediately, faces red. Donghyun looks alarmed, eyebrows raised. Hyunseong and Youngmin have identical expressions of shock and Kwangmin....he kind of looks impressed. 
   *Things to Remember: Strangle him in your spare time.*

   "What are you guys doing?" Donghyun asks. 

   Mi-Cha steps forward. "Please, don't think of any bad thoughts...I was feeling sad and Minwoo was comforting me," she explains. 

   "Are you sure that he was just comforting you?" Kwangmin asks teasingly. 

   *Things to Remember: After you strangle him, boil him in hot water.* 
   I look over at Minwoo's expression and guess that he's thinking the same thing.

   Minwoo steps forward.
   "That doesn't matter at the moment. What Mi-Cha and I learned today was that there's still a chance that she can enter into the Korean School of Arts," he says. He rattles off something about a second chance and then reads from a paper a few requirements. "There has to be a theme, too," he says. "And Mi-Cha wants us to be that theme."

   Silence.
   
   Suddenly, before I even think, I'm stepping forward and grinning.

   "I will absolutely help you!" I say. 

   Donghyun grabs my arm. 
   "Jeongmin, are you crazy?" he says. Then he looks back up at Mi-Cha. "Mianhae, but we have too much of a busy schedule for this so -" 

   "We always have at least one free day per week," Hyunseong argues. "And even then, if one of us asks Manager for a day off, he will give it to us." 

   "Yeah, I would like to help Mi-Cha as well," Kwangmin says, and Youngmin nods. 

   Donghyun looks lost for words. 

   "Then it's settled," I say triumphantly. "Mi-Cha, we agree to become your theme for your second chance." 

   She looks really happy and I feel a surge of accomplishment wash over me. 

   "Kamsahamnida~!" she says happily. "You are all so nice~! And if any of you are busy, I will only need one person per day, so not all of you have to come all at once. I want one individual art piece for each one of you." 

   "That's good," Minwoo says. "Then who will be first?" 

   I raise my arm up and wave it around. "MEEEEE~~! JABEEEELLL~~!!" 

   Mi-Cha giggles and nods her head. "Okay, Jeongmin-ah, you can be my first art piece." 

   "Yaaaaayy~~!" I say happily, not only because I get to be first, but because she already knows my name. She laughs some more. 

   Walking in on this scene with Minwoo had made me feel a pang of jealosy, but I'm sure that after I spend some time, with her, then maybe~I will be able to win over her heart. Let's hope~

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading the fourth chapter!! HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!! 
Sorry if this chapter was a little gloomy, I just finished watching a sad drama :'( 
Please tell me your thoughts on the chapter and subscribe if you can~~!! >_<