The Girl With the Paint

Love Artist {HIATUS}

                                                                    Minwoo's Perspective: 

   "Minwoo ah.....can you please turn this way?" the photographer asks me again. 

  "Oh...mianhae," I say again, and then I try to focus on the camera more rather than sneaking peeks at the girl on the hill. 

   I know that I might shound a little shallow, but I swear that this girl is looking right at us. There's a big canvas infront of her, and it looks like she's painting something. There are little buckets of color surrounding her feet, and she's facing our way. There are some tiny dots of yellow and brown on her sweater. It looks kind of cute. 
   She's really pretty, too. I can tell every time she takes a look at each of us. 
   
   "Minwoo, why do you keep blushing?" Donghyun questions me between shots. 

   The flash of a camera interrupts me before I can go on, and I blush harder.
   Then I nod my head towards the tiny hill in front of us and whisper quickly, 

   "There's a girl there. She keeps on looking at us." 

   "Maiyooo~where?" Jeongmin asks. He still manages to be able to take good pictures even though he's talking. I guess looking in the mirror nonstop has its advantages. 

   Donghyun motions towards the girl, and pretty soon, all of us have acknowleged her. 

   "She's pretty," Youngmin and Kwangmin say at the same time. They scowl at each other for a second and then smile immediately when a flash goes off. 

   "I think so too," Hyunseong agrees. 

   He had always been shy of the camera, so he didn't mind messing up a few shots. 

   "Will you all stop talking?!" the photographer scolds us. 

   "Mianhae," we all say, but we continue to talk anyways. 

   It's hard to focus on the photoshoot when that girl keeps on looking this way. I wonder what she's painting. Maybe, since she's loooking at us, she might be painting me, neh~

   "Minwoo!!!" the photographer yells at me and I'm forced to turn away from her.

 

                                                     Mi-Cha's Perspective:

   Now I've practically memorized every single feature of these boys. 
   There is a dark haired boy that looks to be the oldest - he has a great smile, and he tends to look around the group alot in a sort of protective way, like he's their leader or something like that. I paint him looking over at the other members. 
   There is a boy that I'm guessing is the joker of the group - I know this because he laughs alot and when he does, he bends his head down a little, revealing a perfect set of teeth. I paint him in the middle of one of his laughs. 
   There are two boys that look particularly similar, both with the same big, gorgeous eyes and beautiful smiles. There is only one difference between them - one is dark-haired while the other is blond. I suspect that they are twins, so I paint them in a sort of likeness towards each other, 
   Then there is a young buy that looks to be a little shy of the camera - he tends to turn his head the opposite direction whenever there is a camera flash. I paint him as so.
   Then there is a young boy that looks like he's probably the maknae of the group. He's beautiful, like the others, and there's something about him that makes me want to touch his hair and protect him. There was a sort of innocence and purity about him that made me smile. Sometimes I see him look my way, and whenever the camera flashes again, he blushes. I brush some pink hues onto his cheeks on the canvas, marking himself as a cute, shy boy. 

   Just when I'm making the finishing touches on the painting, I look up to hear someone yell, 

   "That's a wrap!" 

   They start to pack up and leave. 
   The thought of them leaving gives me a twinge of sadness. I don't really want them to leave. But I kow that they have to. They're probably big pop stars who wouldn't want to waste their time on a lone painter girl like me. 

   The sound of my phone rings and the sound of the piano instrumental of the movie "Secret" starts to play. The piano parts for that is truly beautiful, and I love to listen to it. 
   I flip my phone open. 

   "Annyeong?" I say. 

   "Mi-Cha?" I hear my umma say. "A letter has arrived to our door. I think it's from that art place you'd wanted to go and join." 

   My heart speeds up. The confirmation letter for the Korea School of the Arts had come already?! That was so QUICk! Forgetting all about the painting I had just made, I flee the hill and head for home. 

 

                                                    Jeongmin's Perspective: 

   "That's a wrap!" the photographer says, and all of us stand up, stretching our limbs out. 

   "Ugh, that was tiring," Hyunseong says, wiping a hand down his face. 

   "Are you kidding?" I say. "Photo shoots are so fun!" 

   All of them roll their eyes at me. 
   "You always think that they're fun, Mirror King," Donghyun hyung says jokingly. 

   All of us laugh except Minwoo. He's looking around, appearing distressed. 

   "Minwoo ah, genki?" Kwangmin asks. 

   "The girl there!" he points to the hill. "She's gone!" 

   "Mwah?' I say. I look at the hill where that pretty girl was sitting. 

   There's a canvas sitting atop an easel, and tiny pails of paint. There's a tiny chair, too, and on it is a little grey bag. But the girl is gone. 

   "Well, there must have been some reason for her to leave," Donghyun reasons, like the leader he is. "It's not really our buisiness to check where she's gone." 

   But Minwoo is already running up the hill towards the little area where the girl had occupied. 

   "Minwoo!" Youngmin yells, but he doesn't look back, so we have no other choice but to run after him. 

   Minwoo is already at the top, staring at the canvas by the time we reach him. 

   "Minwoo, that was not a very wise thing to do," Donghyun scolds. 

   "We might get into trouble, neh?" Youngmin asks, looking around, nervously scratching his head. 

   "Guys, wait, look," Minwoo interrupts, and we all obediently bend over the painting, staring at its contents. 

   It's...us. 
   But that's the thing. I can recognize us, and I can tell that it is us on the canvas, but there's something about the way that this painting portrays us that makes a better than just us. There's a certain glow to it that makes us look...beautiful

   "Uwaaah~we look so good!" Kwangmin comments. 

   "Who is this girl? She's talented!" Hyunseong says. 

   "Wow..this looks even better than the photographs!" I add. 

   "It's beautiful," Minwoo whispers. 

   "Minwoo, you're so modest, neh?" Youngmin teases him. 

   He blushes. 

   "Aniyo - I mean, does it not look beautiful to you?" he asks. 

   We all have to agree on that. 

   "Where is this girl?" I ask. "I want to meet her." 

   "Maybe she will return, neh?" Minwoo says excitedly. 

   "Ooo~What's this?" I ask, picking up a tiny pink cell phone.

   "Jeongmin ah! Don't touch it! It doesn't belong to you!" Hyunseong exclaims. 

   I stick my tongue out at him. "You should learn to have fun once in a while. You sound like a grandfather." 

   I flip open the phone, and a picture of the girl and a smiling woman is shown to me. The woman looks alot like her, but with streaks of grey in her hair. The girl, on the other hand, looks much more pretty up close. She has a small, delicate face and soft looking brown hair. Her eyes are big and shining. She looks so fragile, but wise and intelligent at the same time. 
   I feel my heart beat a little faster as I look at the picture. 

   "She's gorgeous," I hear Minwoo's voice say behind my shoulder. 

   I jump back, startled. 

   "Minwoo, how'd you get behind me so quickly?" I ask, but he's not listening. He reaches over and presses a button in the phone. The screen changes. We do this a bunch of times, and soon we know her name. 

   "Her name is Won Mi-Cha," Minwoo announces. 

   "Ah, I feel like a big stalker," Hyunseong says, but that doesn't stop him from looking over as well. 

   All of us hunch over, trying to get a good look at the phone. 
   And then the sound of a piano starts to play. 
   We all jump back, the phone almost falling from my hands. 

   "Where is that coming from?" Kwangmin asks. 

   "That's the song that Donghyun had played on the piano back when we were filming M!Pick!" Youngmin recalls. 

   "Yes, I remember," Donghyun says, looking interested now. "This girl likes piano?" 

   "Nevermind that!" I say. "Who's going to pick up the phone?!" 

   "Well, you are, of course," Donghyun says. 

   "Mwah?!" I say. "Why?!" 

   "Because I'm the leader, and I told you so," Donghyun says. "Now pick it up before they hang up." 

   "Ah! Yes, yes, yes, mianhae," I say, and pick up the phone. "....Annyeong?" 

   "-MI-CHA!-" 

   I leap back, startled. 

   "What? What happened?' Minwoo demands. "Put it on speaker! Speaker!" 

   I obediently press that speaker button and we all huddle together to listen. 

   "-Mi-Cha, Where are you?! I told you to come home already!-" 

   The voice sounds like the voice of a woman. 

   "Say something," Kwangmin whispers urgently into my ear. 

   I gulp, but before I can stutter something, Donghyun answers instead, his leader instincts taking over. 

   "Uh, Mianhae noona, Mi-Cha just left," he says. 

   There's a pause on the other end. 

   "WHO ARE YOU? WHAT ARE YOU TO MY DAUGHTER?!" 

   We all jump back, suddenly frightened. 

   "Hyung, say something," we urge Donghyun.

   "Um, mianhae, we found your daughter's phone here in the park. We don't really actually know her," He replies. 

   "...Oh," the woman says, then she curses under her breath. "That stupid girl...can you bring the phone to our house? She'll forget it again." 

   All of us look over at each other, looking nervous. 

   "Um, We're not sure that we can -" 

   "And I bet she left her paint and other things there too," she interrupts. "Bring them here while you're at it, neh?" She barks out the address and before we can say anything else, she hangs up. 

   The sound of the dial tone sounds heavy in the air. 

   ".......WHAT?" we all say at the same time. 

 

 

 

_________________________________________

I hope you liked the first chapter!! 
Thank you to everyone who subscribed~~!! 
I hope you can all support and read my story until the end! ^_^